The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, Hursty said:

We've scored once in our last 6 home games (3 under Kerr, 3 under Hopkin) Which was Muirhead v Raith from a half cleared free kick.   Thats absolutely fucking pathetic.   As you say, with no fans there then why on earth would they start to look up for it now?  That collapse tonight coupled with the embarrassingly bad stream means I can at least say I won't be watching.  In the days of fans being allowed i"d still have ended up going in the old school belief (bollocks or not) that being there as part of a crowd might help spur them on a bit.    But I'm absolutely done paying to watch that mob online.   

I'm done watching for the season, it is so much harder to get motivated to watch this gang when it's over a stream. Even more difficult you've bought a season ticket and need to settle for not seeing anything around the Dundee box in the first half and then the team chucking in the towel when the camera finally switched to a low light mode. The main camera on Saturday was really poor and pixelly yet the secondary camera was quite clear, it has been the same all season, last night with that odd low camera angle was a new level of cack.

As someone who travelled through from Grangemouth after starting work at 0530 and sat in the queues on the M80, when it was being done up, for 2hours narrowly making kick off time during the Reid era for the midweek games like the 4-1 do in against Airdrie at Somerset. This is by far the least interested I've been in watching a team see the season out. 

Looking forwards to May when we start getting the "has left the club" posts. Whole lot of these haddies need emptied. Hope Hopkin can move one some of the two year deals as well.

It is criminal that Hopkin came out and said we needed a striker and then proceeded to lose Cammy Smith and replace him with Josh fucking Todd.

All three of our fit strikers are useless. Other than the Alloa game Andre Wright has looked like he’s won a competition to play for us. 

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

We need to not lose to Arbroath and one other win and we'll be safe.

That's 2 big performances needed out of 4.

Do-able, but fucks knows how at the moment.

2 winnable home games sandwich the big game at gayfield.

If we need anything on the last day I'm pretty sure we're fucked.

Aye I think that's right.  If we can beat an also seriously out for form Dunfermline then draw in Arbroath then you'd assume we would be OK unless Arbroath or Morton do the unexpected and win against someone like Raith / Hearts / Dundee.    

To be fair, if we do go down from a position where we are ahead on points and goal difference with 4 games to play with 3 of the games "winnable" in theory then we don't deserve to stay up.  

I'll cling to the faint hope that up until Walsh miss / Dundee goal last night that game was definitely there for the winning and we were doing more of the threatening in attack, so its not as if we were 2 or 3 down early and never in it.    Its unbelievably important that we sfore the first goal v the Pars. 

So long as we're two points clear of both Morton and Arbroath going into the last game we're fine. They won't both be able to catch us. Even one point with a goal difference buffer would do.

Quite a laugh looking at Ayr fans talking about the state of the squad Hopkin's inherited. If you think that's shite you should see the one he built.

While I understand the doom and gloom from Ayr fans and concern about where the next points are coming from, you've got a team below you with fewer points, a much poorer goal difference, considerably worse players on a worse run of a results. It's not difficult to see a route to survival for you from here.

With McCowan injured, I don’t see how we are going to score a goal, never mind get a point. None of the other forward players are anywhere near good enough for this level. 

McKenzie: Lots of effort, but right now isn’t good enough for this level. 
Moffat: He might still be good enough to be part of the squad, but this style of play is never suiting him and he relies on creating for others. There is no one to create for. 
Wright: Overweight. 
Walsh: He should be, but hasn’t shown it at all. 
Barjonas: Has previously shown he isn’t up to this level, whether that’s in terms of attitude or ability. I would give him a shot though. 

The collection of players above are going to need to score the goals to keep us up. 0-0, or sneaking a goal from a set piece is the best we can hope for. 

The likes of Nathan Austin and Scott Tiffoney have went to clubs in the league below. While not fantastic, both are miles better than any of our other options. 

James McPake summed us up perfectly in the paper today

"We've learned how to play against a team who wants to go Route 1.
No disrespect to Ayr but the way they play now is a lot different to the way they played under Mark Kerr"

Translation-They were worse than expected and even worse than earlier in the season.

The biggest problem right now is when we concede first that it feels like the game is over. Only game we've actually won after conceding first was the opening game of the season against an Albion Rovers side that has went onto only win 3 games this season.  

8 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

James McPake summed us up perfectly in the paper today

"We've learned how to play against a team who wants to go Route 1.
No disrespect to Ayr but the way they play now is a lot different to the way they played under Mark Kerr"

Translation-They were worse than expected and even worse than earlier in the season.

Same with Danny Lennon, probably watched five minutes of footage and knew exactly how to setup against us. There appears to be no plan B whatsoever. Atleast under Kerr it may not have been great but he tinkered here and there to try get things right until the end of his tenure when he just looked out of ideas and shell shocked. No idea why Hopkin isn't trying something different, appreciate we've trained with this shape most of the season but it obviously isn't working.

There must be a squad in there somewhere, the two previous results against Dundee showed we had something, cancelling out Raith on three occasions who have been one of the form teams this season makes it even more bewildering. Where it goes week to week is a bigger mystery than the Bermuda Triangle. Have absolutely no idea how we can put in a battling performance one week then watch three weeks of heartless rabbles. They played for Davie White for some reason in his couple of games, whilst they weren't barn storming performances they atleast had some greenshoots to cling onto with optimism. 

If you look at the Morton and Raith games under White,Tait and Stillie we seemed to make an effort to use the wings and counter attacked on the deck. Especially away to Morton. Moff made a good impact as a second half sub up there.

Since Hopkin came in only Reading has looked capable at playing any football on the deck with Ndaba out for 3 games. Cammy Smith has gone. McCowan has been stifled as he's the only person you need to keep your eye McKenzie is never a lone striker for Wimbledon 80s style long balls.

For all the chances we're making we'd be as well firing Roscoe and Wright up front. At least an occasional header would be won.

I agree about the level young McKenzie is at  miles of that level, but at least he ran his heart out last night, for me we have to get Muirhead back into the defence a back four that is solid and get the boy Reading into left midfield like McKenzie he has a lot of energy which is essential in there. As I’ve said all season Moffat  Isn’t good enough for up front but he will have to be up front now no option, assuming Todd ( done well until he was assaulted) and Mccowan are injured will be out

Houston. Muirhead. Baird Ndaba

McKenzie  Barjonas     Murdoch   Chalmers   Reading

Moffat   Wright  ( looked like a cart horse last night)

as I said previously goals change games like last night and hope Barjonas or McKenzie will get one And we can defend like our lives depended on it

Subs

all the best of the youth because the rest are s—— and gutless at least we will have Effort.

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I hope Aero gives an absolute kicking to Tom Walsh for not just taking his chance to score.

Why he tried to pass rather than shoot is beyond me, get him hunted. 

24 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Why he tried to pass rather than shoot is beyond me, get him hunted. 

While I completely agree, there aren’t really any other options now. Unless we decide to play Zanatta. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Reading Hopkins post match interview I am even more worried.

6 games in, 2 wins (one against Elgin) and he has blamed the players for the last two results. 
This kind of shoulder shrugging isn’t good enough for the position we are in. He needs to come out and say he’ll fix it rather than making empty statements....I’m looking for a reaction and the players are hurting...then they perform the way they did last night? 
It isn’t acceptable to go down, so him blaming the players as if it’s not on him if we go down is boiling my piss.

McCall didn’t get a new manager bounce when he started but you could see improvements every week. He blamed the fitness of the players and dropped a couple of players. Performances improved if results didn’t.

None of that has happened, McCall looked immediately like an upgrade on Roberts, 6 games in and this looks like a like for like appointment.

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

While I completely agree, there aren’t really any other options now. Unless we decide to play Zanatta. 

Paul Smith, or play Houston further forward and Miller at Right back, gets Houston away from right back and Miller away from centre midfield.....

these wasters are taking us down and will turn up at Raith, Morton or QOTS next year

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Paul Smith, or play Houston further forward and Miller at Right back, gets Houston away from right back and Miller away from centre midfield.....

these wasters are taking us down and will turn up at Raith, Morton or QOTS next year

They are, but let’s be honest - adding less quality and more effort isn’t going to help either. We are fucked regardless. Worth a try I guess.