The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Quick look at Flashscore there and I think this is the run in.   We are currently in 'pole position' with a 1 point advantage and a better goal difference of 7 over Arbroath and 9 over Morton.    Honsetly can't call it - based on those fixtures you'd fancy Arbroath to stay up as I can see them beating both Ayr and Morton at home.  Morton should beat Alloa.  The rest is just a big ????.  Based on our last 3 games i don't see us taking much if anything however if Walsh scores that chance today at 1-0 we probably go on and win.    

20210406_221350.jpg

Letting Smith go may well just tip us over the edge to relegation.

Our motto of looking after our players to create a welcoming image to all footballers may well come back to bite us in the arse

Smith should maybe have stuck his foot down and said he'll have to stay until the end of the season for the best intentions of the club....

Just now, rb123! said:

Letting Smith go may well just tip us over the edge to relegation.

Our motto of looking after our players to create a welcoming image to all footballers may well come back to bite us in the arse

Smith should maybe have stuck his foot down and said he'll have to stay until the end of the season for the best intentions of the club....

Not having this ‘letting smith go’ thing - I reckon the only reason we got him in the first place was we agreed to let him go when his big move came up and he gets to fill in the gap, win win

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It's because he is a garbage football manager that has managed to make the team worse since arriving. 

Hard to disagree going by the last couple of performances tbh, as i say there certainly has been no improvement....

*whether that's down to individuals or coaching we'll never likely know

Edited by rb123!

32 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Our performances at Somerset have been absolute dog shite on the whole. I'd be expecting some fight on Saturday v Dunfermline but sadly I think too many dont give a fck. With fans not there to get on their back what hope is there to gee up these shitebags 

We've scored once in our last 6 home games (3 under Kerr, 3 under Hopkin) Which was Muirhead v Raith from a half cleared free kick.   Thats absolutely fucking pathetic.   As you say, with no fans there then why on earth would they start to look up for it now?  That collapse tonight coupled with the embarrassingly bad stream means I can at least say I won't be watching.  In the days of fans being allowed i"d still have ended up going in the old school belief (bollocks or not) that being there as part of a crowd might help spur them on a bit.    But I'm absolutely done paying to watch that mob online.   

42 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

that has managed to make the team worse since arriving. 

Did you see us in Kerr’s last few games? It’s perplexing anyone could have watched those and think that Kerr would have gotten us any more than 5 points in the last 5 games.

Quick look at Flashscore there and I think this is the run in.   We are currently in 'pole position' with a 1 point advantage and a better goal difference of 7 over Arbroath and 9 over Morton.    Honsetly can't call it - based on those fixtures you'd fancy Arbroath to stay up as I can see them beating both Ayr and Morton at home.  Morton should beat Alloa.  The rest is just a big ????.  Based on our last 3 games i don't see us taking much if anything however if Walsh scores that chance today at 1-0 we probably go on and win.    
20210406_221350.thumb.jpg.f9692f1932bb8b540ede29c978308f24.jpg
We need to not lose to Arbroath and one other win and we'll be safe.

That's 2 big performances needed out of 4.

Do-able, but fucks knows how at the moment.

2 winnable home games sandwich the big game at gayfield.

If we need anything on the last day I'm pretty sure we're fucked.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Did you see us in Kerr’s last few games? It’s perplexing anyone could have watched those and think that Kerr would have gotten us any more than 5 points in the last 5 games.

Yes, and yet we are now worse than we were. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you’re just saying this because it fits your narrative.

I didn’t want Hopkin but your desperation for him to fail is a bit far.

Unless the first question on the club interview with Hopkin tonight isn't "Hoppy......what the f**k was that? what the f**k is going on and what the f**k are you going to do about it?"

Then, Why does Reading continually hit great crosses when we don't have players in the box?

Why has no one told Jack Baird to stay with his man?

Why 2-3 times a game does the keeper lump the ball in to the opposition keepers arms?

You said you asked the players for a reaction from Saturday, do you think this worked?

Seeing the injury news tonight after the game doesn't worry me, we have barely had a shot at goal in 180 minutes. We have signed Wright, who has played about 200 minutes of football since he arrived and hasn't set foot in an oppositions 18 yard box. McCowan is our best player but he is marked out of every game now that Smith is away. 

That is two games in a row we have been slow, gutless, uninterested and rotten to watch. At no point tonight did I think we would score, there were no passages of play, no structure to the attack and no clear game plan. 

I can see what Hopkin is trying to do but it is not working, he is making to many changes to the team and we have been easy beat playing the same way two weeks in a row. You can blame players for not following instructions defensively and defenders making basic errors.....every week.......2-3 times a game but this style is not working and persevering is going to take us down.  

Kerr was crap but every so often in the early days he did something that made me think he was on to something, I've not had anything like that from Hopkin. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Why has no one told Jack Baird to stay with his man?

^This infuriates me. With him being captain it annoys me even more. What sort of example does he set? What standard does he set? 

I was never Bell's biggest fan (admittedly a bit of an understatement) but I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Goals change games no doubt about it and tonight up to we lost the first goal there was nothing in it, if Walsh does what he’s on the park for and passes the ball into the net from inside the box with the whole left of the goal open then we win that game, you saw the lift the goal gave Dundee up to then they were struggling to create anything. Two bad injuries tonight so god knows how we get out of this now, as long as they show the fight up to there  first goal then hopefully we’ll get the break on Saturday as long as it doesent fall too the twat Walsh.

Dunfermline are stinking the league out just now. If they come to Somerset on Saturday and put us to the sword, I think our goose is cooked and its the Relegation playoffs. Unless 1 of Morton and Arbroath are as bad as us.

I think that is unlikely though, they play one another on the last day - imagine they just need a draw to ensure their survival. Austria v West Germany? Even before the last round Morton have Alloa (who could be relegated) and Afbroath play us.

We need at least 4 points from Dunfermline and Arbroath to give me any confidence. This is the lowest I've felt in a while...

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Yeah bud, normally like your posts but there’s definitely been a bias since Hopkin started. I didn’t fancy his appointment either but to be fair to him since he took over we’ve ‘lost’ Smith, Zanatta effectively barred himself, McGavin was a non entity, Wright is only just back and appears to be at El Alagui fitness levels, now two players injured,the first being far and away the biggest blow. 
In your defence there is a part of me that’s suspicious that he seems to have had his little success effectively with the Davie White team and that since he’s had some time to implement his own ideas we’ve gotten worse, but that could also be recent impacts on the squad.

Edited by bazka6

I honestly dont see any improvement under Hopkin. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he hasnt been able to sign his own players and has inherited this shower of shite. I honestly thought he would have got a reaction out of the squad but no. Hopefully theyll prove me wrong on Saturday and batter Dunfermline but I see another turgid 0-0 or 1-1. Our goals to games ratio at Somerset is appauling  

Edited by Thereisalight..

It's time for the players to dig in like some of them have probably never done before in their career. There's no point in debating changes of manager or the merits of this formation or that style of play. 

Its totally about grinding out results and showing a pride in the jersey the players are wearing. 

I actually thought we were comfortable enough without really threatening last night up until the first goal and I'm actually glad we've got a game on Saturday, a quick turnaround might just be what we need for a sudden upturn in fortunes. 

Nobody said it was going to be straightforward or pretty. 

Concern for me is that in the period after Kerr left we took 7 points from 4 away games with plenty of effort shown in the wins against Morton and Dundee as well as up at Raith even though we never looked like scoring.  Feels like Hopkins growing influence has derailed that moderate reaction completely.  Either the players don’t have a clue what he’s asking them to do, aren’t capable of playing the long ball tactics he favours, or just aren’t buying into it and have basically chucked it.  

Not saying Hopkin is or isn't the right man for the job but even when McCall came in I'm sure we didn't get an instant turn around and had some shite results and we stayed up on the last day up at Forfar.