The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Money isn’t they main factor, having the right blend of players and manager can outweigh financed significantly.

McCall wasn’t the best manager but he was backed and brought the right kind of player with the right attitude to the club. He also got in to their heads and managed to turn players that had failed elsewhere in to internationals or playing in the English championship. We won promotion and were never out the top 4 until he left.

Raith, I would guess, have spent less than us this year, have a squad that got promoted last year and probably have a bond. McGlynn has failed elsewhere and has been given time to get things right. Dundee have had a core squad for a couple of seasons now but their manager seems to be struggling. 

Smith has appointed Hopkin and will back him to bring in who he thinks is the right type of player. 

It also isn’t about how much Smith puts in, it is about revenue made by the club, which the hub will assist in generating. 

I think McCowan will be finished for the season, arm was in a sling. 

Todd didn't really look up to anything but if his nose is broken then he'll be a few weeks too.  

So how do we line up now, gonna be a change of shape I'd imagine.  

LINEUP111617744746880.png

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Todd didn't really look up to anything but if his nose is broken then he'll be a few weeks too.  

LINEUP111617744746880.png

As much as I felt Chalmers started the game well tonight, he reverted to being an absolute abomination after that so don’t really want him near the side. I would play Murdoch - saying that I don’t really have any idea who was worst tonight as the stream was a disgrace. 

McCowan injured is an utter disaster. With him and Smith, all quality is now gone.

Edited by No_Problemo

LINEUP111617744746880.thumb.png.ca8dd94b04d97cedbd0e90a6e14c66d8.png

I’d go for the same shape just with some different personal.

Sinisalo

Houston
Muirhead
Baird
Ndaba
Reading

Murdoch
Miller
Barjonas

Moffat
McKenzie

Sit tight every game and look for the odd goal. Every point is crucial now but if we can beat Arbroath in the game up there that should be enough.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Still think we'll get out of this mess, but this is the lowest I've felt when watching us since the Alloa game when I thought we'd blown the league. Whens the play off dates anyway? 

^Seconded

I am starting to worry. Dunfermline & Arbroath games are critical. At least 4 points required, 6 preferable.

A bit worried that McCowan will be out for a while. He looked in pain when he went off clutching his arm.

This season really has been an aberration.

Edited by Trogdor

I genuinely reckon McCalls 16-17 team would turn this lot over.

That team had zero quality but a bit of fight through a small bunch of characters and leaders. This team also has next to no quality with Smith away and McCowan out but even less fight.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sinisalo

Houston
Muirhead
Baird
Ndaba
Reading

Murdoch
Miller
Barjonas

Moffat
McKenzie

Sit tight every game and look for the odd goal. Every point is crucial now but if we can beat Arbroath in the game up there that should be enough.

Unfortunately, there is no chance whatsoever this team of shitebags are beating Arbroath away. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Unfortunately, there is no chance whatsoever this team of shitebags are beating Arbroath away. 

This. Dick Campbell will have his team right up for it and fighting for each other 

Kerr has landed us in deep trouble and Hopkin looks as though he is seriously struggling to get anything out this gutless lot, on tonight's showing Chalmers and Walsh shouldn't be allowed anywhere near that starting eleven, a pair of gutless cheats, let's hope we can scrape through but it looks very serious now I'm afraid. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As much as I felt Chalmers started the game well tonight, he reverted to being an absolute abomination after that so don’t really want him near the side. I would play Murdoch - saying that I don’t really have any idea who was worst tonight as the stream was a disgrace. 

McCowan injured is an utter disaster. With him and Smith, all quality is now gone.

Chalmers was good and faded but that was to do with Hopkin asking him to do a different job, when he was a bit free he was in tough tackling, winning headers, like a new man.  Then Hopkin told him not to be ahead of the referee and it all went to shit.  

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Can't score for shit 

Can't defend for shit

That's a one way ticket out of this league to League 1

Dave Smith must be saying to himself "Wtf was I thinking"

The only man who thought Hopkin would do a good job. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sinisalo

Houston
Muirhead
Baird
Ndaba
Reading

Murdoch
Miller
Barjonas

Moffat
McKenzie

Houston shouldn't play again this season after tonight, gutless wee shitebag. 

McKenzie just runs about, he either nerds a break or someone to give him better instructions, there's a good player there but Hopkin isn't going to mould him into a finished article, go with Dre. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

The only man who thought Hopkin would do a good job. 

Hopkin has inherited an absolute heap of shite however yes it is concerning that he doesn't seem to have been able to get a reaction out of them and the best he got was a couple of shitfest draws and a win against a rotten Dundee.

Just now, rb123! said:

Hopkin has inherited an absolute heap of shite however yes it is concerning that he doesn't seem to have been able to get a reaction out of them and the best he got was a couple of shitfest draws and a win against a rotten Dundee.

It's because he is a garbage football manager that has managed to make the team worse since arriving.