The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Getting Ndaba back playing could be crucial.
We have missed him massively. He is cool at the back, and can play an accurate long ball. He should never have been risked up at Elgin. Really hope he's back in the team for Tuesday. I don't think we'd have conceded the first goal against Alloa if he was on the park.

As others have said, Saturday's result has completely changed my outlook on how we'll do in the run in. I was fairly confident of an 7th/8th place finish, but now I feel we could go and play 5 and lose 5. Really hope our Dundee away team show up. I think we'll get beat by Dundee (their turn for a result against us), win against Dunfermline, draw with Arbroath, draw against QoS, beat by ICT. 5 points, and a narrow 8th place finish (if Ndaba is back). Can't see Arbroath getting any points in their away games in Fife, and I'm hoping that their last game at home to Morton is meaningless (or we're safe and the loser of that game finishes 9th).

Surely these players realise that if they want to be playing in the Championship next season, for us or someone else, they need to massively change their attitude?

Think he will kept on for that purpose along with doing a role within the back room staff 
That's good to hear.

We need to keep moffat as an option to unlock defences off the bench.

When we need a goal and get players up around him he can still be a highly effective player.

He also deserves a chance at a coaching role (as it's important to look after our own).
Getting Ndaba back playing could be crucial.
Surely to f**k that's not happening? I'd love it but the guy is miles above us in terms of ability.

Overall i was fucking gutted on Saturday but not as much as last week, when i actually watched the game.

It's been a shite couple of weeks but we need to keep the heads up and support the team here (although that phrase is more hollow with no fans in the grounds).

We absolutely need to stay up and no one should give a flying f**k how we manage it.

Hoppy should get very little credit if he keeps us up but I'm willing to hold off any criticism until a good few months into next season (whatever league we're in). The dundee performance was good enough for me to give him that.

Come on ayr.

So next season , regardless of which league we are in we are going to need about ten new players given the exodus of loan players and the emptying of the  soft rock stars . Relegation would rule out the temptation of a couple of marque signings . So much better we stay up (stating the obvious). If we do , and I expect we will , then there is a budget upgrade required . McCall had us punching with a bottom four budget , that is lightly to be the exception rather than the norm . Now we can’t match a Dundee in squad spending however we must get closer to Dunfermline fiscally .That given where are our priority’s ?  Intel from the Livingston fans suggest a 5-3-2 is on the cards .

Keeper :  Most definitely. McAdam from Morton rumoured . Will need a back up also . 

Defence : We seem pretty well set for a 5-3-2 . Only really need a sweeper to stick behind Aero and Baird . Experienced would be ideal .

Midfield :  This is an area of concern , Miller might get the holding role , on current form Murdoch and Joe would come out of any first 11 . So two all court players need here . Names ? I have none , but Hoppy will have . Jacobs rumoured , again from Morton .

Forwards : Need four , One first choice 9 and a back up plus two goal scorers . McKenzie is only 19 . Deserves to get another few years to develop. Scores barrow loads for the reserves . Other three slots are wide open . Hoppy has previous with Toderov and Orsi . Just saying . In his Livingston days he wasn’t scared to go lower league either . So there might be a gem to be found there . 

So plenty to chew over on the beach this summer if the Westminster and Hollyrood  controllers let us loose , but first the small matter of Dundee at home tomorrow night .

19 minutes ago, North British said:

McCall had us punching with a bottom four budget , that is lightly to be the exception rather than the norm

In his last 2 seasons McCalls budget was topped up on a number of occasions by the board , every player McCall wanted the board gave him the cash , I think next season will be the same if Hopkins wants a player with a realistic salary I can’t see him being turned down , 

Keep
  • Sinisalo
  • Ndaba
  • Houston
  • Reading
  • Baird
  • Muirhead
  • McCowan
  • Murdoch 
  • McKenzie
  • Barjonas & Walsh (possibly)
Punt
  • Everyone else 
Defensively i wouldn't say is our biggest issue, in fact it's probably one of our strength areas which is strange to think considering our position, it's the midfield who offer no protection or willingness to track back to help the defence.
Along with not having any attacking players seemingly capable of hitting a barn door never-mind the back of the net.
I'd punt Houston tbh

4 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:
17 hours ago, rb123! said:
Keep
  • Sinisalo
  • Ndaba
  • Houston
  • Reading
  • Baird
  • Muirhead
  • McCowan
  • Murdoch 
  • McKenzie
  • Barjonas & Walsh (possibly)
Punt
  • Everyone else 
Defensively i wouldn't say is our biggest issue, in fact it's probably one of our strength areas which is strange to think considering our position, it's the midfield who offer no protection or willingness to track back to help the defence.
Along with not having any attacking players seemingly capable of hitting a barn door never-mind the back of the net.

I'd punt Houston tbh

Why?

He is 21 years old. McCowan had just broken through by that age. McKenzie is only a few months younger and is nowhere near Houston in terms of first team performances.  He has shown he can be a steady championship performer by the age of twenty and has lots of scope for improvement.

Edited by No_Problemo

Why?
He is 21 years old. McCowan had just broken through by that age. McKenzie is only a few months younger and is nowhere near Houston in terms of first team performances.  He has shown he can be a steady championship performer by the age of twenty and has lots of scope for improvement.
I just really haven't been impressed with him since he's came in tbh. I understand your point about him still being young and having the scope to improve. I think he'd be suitable back up for his position and hope that he does improve, however I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest to see him go

3 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:
2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:
Why?

I just really haven't been impressed with him since he's came in tbh. I understand your point about him still being young and having the scope to improve. I think he'd be suitable back up for his position and hope that he does improve, however I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest to see him go

He has been a mixed bag performance wise at times, however definitely think he has the potential to be a top end championship right back.

He has been a mixed bag performance wise at times, however definitely think he has the potential to be a top end championship right back.
I hope your right, but from what I've seen of him this season I don't think he's up to championship standard atm. Perhaps the consequence of an underlying injury or fitness issues though

I seen a couple of negative comments already about the Somerset Hub, more to do with the fact it was originally meant to be open for season starting but now told it’ll be around 6 months. 

Not once was it ever ‘originally’ meant to be open for the season starting. There is a process to follow in pre-develop before construction starts and it’s being followed. Anyone who claims otherwise is just making noise.

31 minutes ago, Somersetfan said:

Not once was it ever ‘originally’ meant to be open for the season starting. There is a process to follow in pre-develop before construction starts and it’s being followed. Anyone who claims otherwise is just making noise.

Is that you David smith? 

3 hours ago, Somersetfan said:

Yeah I know but you tend to find if things aren’t great fans will be able to find negatives from everything. 

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

As someone who loves a pre and post match bevvy I'm not overly bothered about when the Somerset Hub opens. Actually getting onto the terracing again after 17 months or so remains the overriding priority.

How are your teeth? 

13 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yeah I know but you tend to find if things aren’t great fans will be able to find negatives from everything. 

Have seen a few comments about not investing in the playing team and it all being about off field. I'm assuming the people finding the negatives have zero idea about the benefits of infrastructure and would prefer Smith to just chuck a ton of money on one season. We do need to be patient with this one as Rome wasn't built in a day, would also hope Smith is open to outside suggestions of ways to improve the club infrastructure.

I previously suggested (maybe not worded in the best way) to Lachlan during a Q&A that the club should seriously consider looking at renewables as a way of turning a small profit on selling back to the grid, which he just laughed off as some green peace nonsense. Smith being involved in the construction industry will hopefully lead to us getting "mates rates" for any work carried out to help keep the costs down on any required work. 

In terms of the current playing squad I think we've got every right to pick holes and find negatives, but in terms of off field it has been mostly good this season.