The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm still confident we wont go down. 8th after a season that promised so much on paper is a disgrace though 

What makes you so confident we’ll not go down? I’m genuinely interested to know as I seen nothing today or during the Alloa game to suggest this. 

What makes you so confident we’ll not go down? I’m genuinely interested to know as I seen nothing today or during the Alloa game to suggest this. 

Purely based on the fact that we’re still capable of shitfesting wins or draws and given the shite quality of the teams around us that will probably be enough.

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I think the fact we've got a game in over Arbroath as well as the points difference. Dundee seem to be our lucky team this season so I'm expecting at least a point v them on Tue. The only game which worries me is the ICT

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Last week poor today we were ever worse, I am struggling to see any positives.

If these players and management team cannot motivate themselves to beat a Clyde team who are playing their 4th game in 8 days I don't know what will.

We really need to get something on Tuesday against Dundee but I cannot see it on these last two performances.

With Arbroath winning today they are only one point behind us and my word the'll be fired up for our visit up there.

After watching ICT last night I think that is a game where we (as usual) we will get steamrolled.

So we need everything sorted points wise before the last game.

3 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Plan A-Pass sideways along the halfway, shell it long,high and diagonal
Plan B-Do A again

We play like the players think they're too good to be in the position they are.

Today was Mark Roberts levels of nothing positive

I think our performances all season bar a few rare exceptions have been utter pish. A very boring style of play that's far from easy on the eye. Watching us has became a chore. If it's another season of streams I'd give up on us tbh 

Dre Wright is not the saviour! He is pish 

Another one to add to the Mark Kerr scrap heap in the summer. Don’t think there’s one player he’s brought in that I’d be that bothered having for next season.

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Purely based on the fact that we’re still capable of shitfesting wins or draws and given the shite quality of the teams around us that will probably be enough.

Every chance but it’s worth mentioning that relegation will put us back years. David smith has been on record as saying his long term plan is to get us to the premiership. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Every chance but it’s worth mentioning that relegation will put us back years. David smith has been on record as saying his long term plan is to get us to the premiership. 

He also thought Hopkin was the best manager available. 

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Just dreadful. 

Far too many of our starting line up today aren't good enough to be starting players in the championship. 

You’re definitely weaker than last season, and that squad was weaker than the season before it. 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You’re definitely weaker than last season, and that squad was weaker than the season before it. 

That's not exactly a hot take. You won't find many disagreeing with that.

Just now, Trogdor said:

That's not exactly a hot take. You won't find many disagreeing with that.

A few on here said you had a squad to finish in the top 4.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Give it back to Davie White till the end of the season. 

I don't think it would really matter who the manager is. The players are shitebags. I can't remember a squad with less character and bite than this lot. They look totally disinterested.

I don't think it would really matter who the manager is. The players are shitebags. I can't remember a squad with less character and bite than this lot. They look totally disinterested.

Aye this was always going to be the case regardless of manager. No new manager was going to transform us into a team we aren’t.

Even though it was blindly obvious how shite we were, some are annoyed at Hopkin and have written him off already. Most of those same people were willing to give Kerr a chance so for them not to offer the same time to Hopkin is unfair.