The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

There is a way to conduct yourself through life.
Show a bit of respect, maturity and humility.
Sometimes saying less can speak louder.
Poor show by the boy.

^This, I usually wish players well when they leave but he can get in the fucking sea.

40 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Nah you can’t really tell from these accounts. You need profit and loss accounts to tell properly and they don’t get published

You need a P&L to see the detail but it does suggest we made a profit.

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

That 1.715m....was that what the club owed Lachlan as soft loans that he wiped out or what?

Yeah, directors loans are £1.65m of that. Of which Lachlan would be the biggest - you'll need to wait until next year to know how much he wrote off though. It is noted as a post balance sheet event though but with no figure.

ETA - Depending on the Covid-19 impact with Lachlans loan write off I think we may be close to a net asset position. Which will be quite something.

Edited by Trogdor

9 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Nah you can’t really tell from these accounts. You need profit and loss accounts to tell properly and they don’t get published

Your retained earnings figure is an accumulation of your profits or losses over the years taking into account the likes of dividend payments to shareholders, which I'd assume is zero for us. 

Given the movement in the figure from year to year, the original poster would appear to be correct in his assumption of a profit being made for the recent year. 

12 hours ago, rb123! said:

The way they've played tonights make me want to have Astro

I wonder how much is down to the surface and how much is down to the principles and beliefs of McGlynn?

With that in mind, I cant see a Hopkin managed team playing anything remotely approaching a style like Raith's regardless of our surface. 

Edited by BukyOHare

Well I’m surprised we’ve not got a striker of sorts in, going with what we have in youth to back up what we’ve got only time will tell if it’s the right call hope Hopkin gets a bit of luck in the run in he’s gonna need it. The big game is Arbroath which is a cup final to both teams and up there in the wind gives me the fear.

8 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I wonder how much is down to the surface and how much is down to the principles and beliefs of McGlynn?

With that in mind, I cant see a Hopkin managed team playing anything remotely approaching a style like Raith's regardless of our surface. 

John McGlynn had to change his philosophy to suit the pitch, in his first spell there his team's main trait was a long ball out wide for a small, pacy striker to drift out and pick up.  

Am I right in thinking it was only domestic loans after a certain date ? I think the market was dried up by the time Smith left so anyone coming in would be a place-filler rather than any real quality. 

Cue someone like Defoe from Rangers or something to make me look daft. 

On 29/03/2021 at 00:32, rb123! said:
  • Need a CM though which is 'different' to what we've got, someone who is more of a tidy upper and  willing to muck in and get dirty, could say Muirhead for that job however difference between him and Adams is Muirhead doesn't know what the limit is and ends up doing stupid stuff to get sent off, Muirhead is the exact type of player which Jamie Adams would be able to wind up so easily. 

Theres not many of them left, I think.

Josh Kerr at Airdrie or having an attempt at Harry Cochrane are, in my entirely uneducated opinion, your "best bets" at finding young CMs who can win the ball back, but also actually pass the ball.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres not many of them left, I think.

Josh Kerr at Airdrie or having an attempt at Harry Cochrane are, in my entirely uneducated opinion, your "best bets" at finding young CMs who can win the ball back, but also actually pass the ball.

Are Saints kicking out anybody in May that might be in Ayr’s price bracket ...?

7 minutes ago, North British said:

Are Saints kicking out anybody in May that might be in Ayr’s price bracket ...?

Zero idea tbh. Parish, Bryson, Conway, O'Halloran the only ones I'm thinking might leave, but all might stay.