D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

As well as just releasing him the now, save on wages.

What a strange day.

We’re already struggling to bring in a striker on loan so I’d rather keep him just as an extra body.

If we could be guaranteed to bring in a winger on loan then I’d have no issue sending Zanatta on loan to Raith right now.

Hopkin beginning to show his hand regarding who he wants for next season.....bye bye Dario for example. And there could have been more if the window wisnae about to shut 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

What a strange day.

It’s that time of year guys , player who are out of contract in May are looking at their next deal ,nothing new . Luke McCowan will have some upward moves to consider , Walsh will have Championship moves to consider . Cameron and Anderson the same incidentally . No doubt Hoppy will be making moves all over the place .

1 minute ago, North British said:

It’s that time of year guys , player who are out of contract in May are looking at their next deal ,nothing new . Luke McCowan will have some upward moves to consider , Walsh will have Championship moves to consider . Cameron and Anderson the same incidentally . No doubt Hoppy will be making moves all over the place .

I've a feeling McCowan may have already signed for someone and its just not been announced.   

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re already struggling to bring in a striker on loan so I’d rather keep him just as an extra body.

If we could be guaranteed to bring in a winger on loan then I’d have no issue sending Zanatta on loan to Raith right now.

His only motivation now is to not get injured.

Punt him.

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I've a feeling McCowan may have already signed for someone and its just not been announced.   

I think your correct .

His only motivation now is to not get injured.
Punt him.
This is crazy talk.

He's comfortably our best player, and we need him to guarantee our place in the league.

This is crazy talk.

He's comfortably our best player, and we need him to guarantee our place in the league.

I think he means Zanatta.

Unless I’m being whooshed??

Strange one.

Out of interest, has Zanatta actually started a match this season in his actual position?

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think he means Zanatta.

Unless I’m being whooshed??

Aye I'm sure he means Zanatta?  

Not going to lose any sleep over zennatta he's done next to nothing for us seems like Hopkin is clearing the dead wood early.

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Have we ever announced a player on a PCA?

I've a vague memory that we maybe did with Jordan Hart but can't think of any others.  And even that might be wrong. 

24 minutes ago, North British said:

I think your correct .

I’ll be generally quite gutted if we lose McCowan for nothing.  I could see McCall offering him good money to move to Thistle but I’m hoping he decides to stay with Ayr for at least another year. 

Quite happy to see the back of as much of this squad as possible.  

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

100% this. Not enough backbone and character in this squad for my liking. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Totally , a number of players have been called out here as not good enough and then they are wanted elsewhere and the same people are moaning we are letting them go which I find rather strange , this team has struggled this year in a very poor league can’t blame manager for some of their individual performances and changes are overdue 

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surely we’re going to sign a striker in the next day or two? 

I wouldn't hold your breath, believe our striking options will remain the same until the summer, what we've got will need to be good enough to keep us up.

Hoppy rebuild has started early i see by punting Zanatta, absolute waste of space, clearout of Kerr's deadwood has begun