The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

So realistically Zanatta isn't going to be seen again considering he hasn't featured much recently.  So that leaves us Smith and Zanatta down with no update as to Barjonas fitness, and we have brought in Todd who is more than likely miles off being match fit and probably in as backup.   Chat that Dre Wright might be back at training this week but based on what Robbo says won't be fit for weekend and probably not for Dundee game.   Leaving ourselves pretty short here.  

Screenshot_20210329-210003_Twitter.jpg

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Whats his contract status with Killie?  Seems like someone who if fit would definitely fit in under Hopkin's style 

Finishes up in June as does Armstrong and Cadden .... 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Quite the tweet from Dario.

Punt him now.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but "delighted to be back" makes me wonder if he knows he will be going on loan in the next day or so?    Or am I being too optimistic 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but "delighted to be back" makes me wonder if he knows he will be going on loan in the next day or so?    Or am I being too optimistic 

Can't imagine anyone at Ayr will be too happy about his tweet, maybe trying to manoeuvre an early exit.

Just now, eez-eh said:

That tweet while he’s still got 5 games to go at another club is embarrassing. Wouldn’t bother playing him again, not that it will make much of a difference.

Don’t think many people will be sad to see the back of him , a great underachiever at many clubs , starts on fire then burns out rather quickly, there is a player in him I think , 

Every chance someone like McGllyn could get something out of him, could be a Nisbet type deal, or he could end up the Harkins type.

Kerr has talked about developing a culture amongst the squad, surely his biggest failing as manager.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t really want Zanatta to leave now tbh. If he does we aren’t really left with much in the forward areas. 

I'd rather he did leave and we brought someone in.   As I can't see him playing for us again and wouldn't be much use sitting on his arse for another months wages effectively leaving us another player down. 

20 minutes ago, Hursty said:

That would be peak Ayr United. A few days ago we were all in argeement we need a striker. Now we’re looking at the possibility of a Falkirk reject being signed and Zanatta and Smith out the door with no striker signed. 

Zanatta clearly wants away immediately.  I’d grant his wish.  Looked like a huge gamble in the summer after he was chased out of Partick and has proved to be every bit the disaster we might have feared.

5 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Zanatta clearly wants away immediately.  I’d grant his wish.  Looked like a huge gamble in the summer after he was chased out of Partick and has proved to be every bit the disaster we might have feared.

Now I think of it, so would I, even if we don't sign anyone.    We don't play Raith again, but they do play both Alloa and Arbroath.  So he might as well be trying for them in those games than sitting on our bench or not even in the squad as surely won't get any more minutes on the park.  

Just now, Hursty said:

Now I think of it, so would I, even if we don't sign anyone.    We don't play Raith again, but they do play both Alloa and Arbroath.  So he might as well be trying for them in those games than sitting on our bench or not even in the squad as surely won't get any more minutes on the park.  

Let him go now , definitely no loss to us , his heart is not in it and as you say surely he would be better in a team trying to beat our rivals in the relegation battle 

9 minutes ago, Hursty said:

At the very least we should fine him a couple of weeks wages for that tweet.

44 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I'd rather he did leave and we brought someone in.   As I can't see him playing for us again and wouldn't be much use sitting on his arse for another months wages effectively leaving us another player down. 

Of course, but if the option is him or no one I would keep him. 

Otherwise we are left with an injury prone Walsh, McCowan, an injury prone and unfit Todd, McKenzie, Moffat and an injury prone and unfit Wright to fill three/four positions.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Of course, but if the option is him or no one I would keep him. 

Otherwise we are left with an injury prone Walsh, McCowan, an injury prone and unfit Todd, McKenzie, Moffat and an injury prone and unfit Wright to fill three/four positions.

Nope he’s done. He won’t get near the squad now. Think Paul smith will get more game time now