The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How do we approach the Elgin game on Tuesday?

Play a couple of youngsters and rest our important players or play a full strength team and hope a good win gives them more confidence.

Rest some but not all:

Miller in for Houston

Barjonas for Smith

Walsh for Chalmers

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Rest some but not all:

Miller in for Houston

Barjonas for Smith

Walsh for Chalmers

I noticed we only had 6 named subs today and no McGavin listed.

IMHO, that game today under Kerr would have petered out into a pitiful 1 or even 2-0 defeat by us getting inevitably done on the counter looking for an equaliser.

Yes it wasn't pretty for a lot of the time but at the end of the day, we stuck in, did our jobs and came away with a crucial point which has meant we've managed to close the gap to the top 4 down to 5 points.

As Dave Smith said after Hopkin was appointed, it's not all about how we play the game, it's how we pick up points.

So far that's what Hopkin is achieving 

That's us played 5 games since Kerr got sacked and we've W:2 D:2 L:1, 8 points from 15 ain't bad for a team which was in freefall having won 1 in 10 of Kerr's last games.

Keep the faith and believe in what Hopkin is doing.

*There's 5 cup finals left and although it probably doesn't feel as crucial since we can't be there all 5 are masssive!

Edited by rb123!

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Alloa game is massive. Elgin game is meh.

It's time for significant rotation. Let the bench warmers start a game. 

Got to make sure we put out a team who can win this game, a lot of money at stake in the cup competition , also think team needs a bit of consistency 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Alloa game is massive. Elgin game is meh.

It's time for significant rotation. Let the bench warmers start a game. 

Couldn't care less about the cup this year. 

However i'm sure Smith and directors will see it as important as ever from the financial aspect with prize money.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

IMHO, that game today under Kerr would have petered out into a pitiful 1 or even 2-0 defeat by us getting inevitably done on the counter looking for an equaliser.

Yes it wasn't pretty for a lot of the time but at the end of the day, we stuck in, did our jobs and came away with a crucial point which has meant we've managed to close the gap to the top 4 down to 5 points.

As Dave Smith said after Hopkin was appointed, it's not all about how we play the game, it's how we pick up points.

So far that's what Hopkin is achieving 

That's us played 5 games since Kerr got sacked and we've W:2 D:2 L:1, 8 points from 15 ain't bad for a team which was in freefall having won 1 in 10 of Kerr's last games.

Keep the faith and believe in what Hopkin is doing.

Again, I'd blame the pitch, it's utterly horrendous and absolutely impossible to play any sort of passing game on it.

Dens LOOKS bad ant it IS bad in places, however it's a quick pitch and the ball runs on it unlike Somerset which actually looks not too bad but it's so uneven and slow that passing a ball on it is simply impossible.

Sorting the pitch has to be one of the main priorities for me.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Again, I'd blame the pitch, it's utterly horrendous and absolutely impossible to play any sort of passing game on it.

Dens LOOKS bad ant it IS bad in places, however it's a quick pitch and the ball runs on it unlike Somerset which actually looks not too bad but it's so uneven and slow that passing a ball on it is simply impossible.

Sorting the pitch has to be one of the main priorities for me.

^This, its almost as bad as Cliftonhill. Hyperbole aside, the standside touchline towards the railway end is not level anymore. I dunno what's happened to the pitch but it's certainly not level. 

Edited by Trogdor

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Got to make sure we put out a team who can win this game, a lot of money at stake in the cup competition , also think team needs a bit of consistency 

Normally I would agree with the financial importance but Championship status is even more important financially. Even with 6/7 changes we should be beating Elgin. 

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I agree , the cup is an important revenue stream , even by fielding our bench in the starting eleven we surely have enough for a team like Elgin , who have in the house for weeks . I’d guess McKenzie will be allowed a rest , perhaps Smith and Murdoch as well .

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

How do we approach the Elgin game on Tuesday?

Play a couple of youngsters and rest our important players or play a full strength team and hope a good win gives them more confidence.

Win v Elgin then it's a home game v Clyde or Keith. Entirely winnable and then a good chance of a "big team" in the next round that might get picked up for TV. Definitely worth playing to win v Elgin 

Edited by Thereisalight..