The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Sounding a bit like a Partick fan any time an Ayr fan mentions McCall there. Talking about former managers and players as well as other clubs in your division is quite a normal thing to do, really.
You staying up and us going down is entirely expected by most Morton fans, in no small part due to the squad Hopkin built.
You have probably stumbled into quite a good situation here. On the face of it Kerr could recruit a decent squad but was incapable of managing it. Hopkin is the opposite; ask him to build a squad himself and he'll recruit several players so poor that all the coaching in the world won't make a competent side out of it, but give him a decent one to work with in the first place and he'll probably deliver results. On that basis you should be fine, because he's inherited the best squad of the bottom half teams.
Fans like to pigeon hole managers like this and the truth is it's never that best and tidy.

So the recruitment didn't work out at morton. That's just the way things go sometimes. Mark kerr might go on to be a brilliant manager...time will tell.

As it stands, we're all on the hopkins bandwagon and hopefully it's going to be a helluva ride.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This seems like a deal that we were already in touch with Rangers about and Hopkin was asked did he fancy him and said aye. I still think he’ll want to bring another striker in.

Who would you want in? I don’t see many youth players who would improve on what we have or are you just looking at bodies

Who would you want in? I don’t see many youth players who would improve on what we have or are you just looking at bodies

We probably won’t get anyone in now who’s going to massively improve us but Wright looks to be out indefinitely which leaves us with McKenzie and Moffat. Moffat probably isn’t going to be used much more as a front man so we could probably do with another body to at least keep McKenzie on his toes and take the pressure off at times.

We’d probably be doing well if we brought someone in who’d score 4 or 5 goals but realistically it’d just be for backup purposes.

48 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This seems like a deal that we were already in touch with Rangers about and Hopkin was asked did he fancy him and said aye. I still think he’ll want to bring another striker in.

That's us done for loans is it not?  No sure I'd bother with someone who doesn't have a club at this stage depending when they last played. 

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That's us done for loans is it not?  No sure I'd bother with someone who doesn't have a club at this stage depending when they last played. 

Aye, probably end up with carthorse Sutton coming out of retirement. 🙈

We not get 6 domestic loans this season? QOS have had 6 over the course of this season and Arbroath have currently got 5 domestic players on loan.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So with Barjonas and Urminsky we’d we well within the rules to bring in a striker.

Do we have one space left then? Sinisalo, Urminksy, Ndaba, McGavin & Barjonas make five loanees.

ETA - A loan striker is better than getting someone on a free (who likely won't be match fit).

Edited by Trogdor

Do we have one space left then? Sinisalo, Urminksy, Ndaba, McGavin & Barjonas make five loanees.
ETA - A loan striker is better than getting someone on a free (who likely won't be match fit).

The limit only applies to domestic loans. Ndaba, McGavin and Sinisalo aren’t counted. As far as I’m aware you can have as many cross border loans as you like.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, probably end up with carthorse Sutton coming out of retirement. 🙈

Rather have him on the pitch for us....he loved a goal against us

53 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The limit only applies to domestic loans. Ndaba, McGavin and Sinisalo aren’t counted. As far as I’m aware you can have as many cross border loans as you like.

Yes, from my recent learnings on P&B "international" loans are considered "temporary transfers" so therefore not included as "loans" even though most people are going to call them that

8 hours ago, mugen_power said:

Rather have him on the pitch for us....he loved a goal against us

Yes, from my recent learnings on P&B "international" loans are considered "temporary transfers" so therefore not included as "loans" even though most people are going to call them that

It is why you have absolute nonsense like Wolves loaning out an almost entire squad to a Spanish outfit a couple of years ago (including oor Ruddy). 

Quite clear by the comments the boy Mcgarva has arrived with the swagger and not produced in the training, and also going by the Barjonas comments from teams he’s been at we might have another one.

Like others on here I agree it was another striker we needed badly not a midfielder so we will have to wait and see how this pans out, might still get one only Hopkin knows the answer to that.

Quite clear by the comments the boy Mcgarva has arrived with the swagger and not produced in the training, and also going by the Barjonas comments from teams he’s been at we might have another one.
Like others on here I agree it was another striker we needed badly not a midfielder so we will have to wait and see how this pans out, might still get one only Hopkin knows the answer to that.
A lot depends if Dre gets fit, I'm assuming McKenzie is going to be the main man going forward and it will be a lot of pressure in his shoulders but if Dre, McKenzie, Moff and zennatta to certain extent can play through the middle he maybe feels that's covered.

If Wright is due back soon i don't think we'll need another striker tbh, with McKenzie, Moff and possibly even Moore making an end of season cameo appearance i think we should be fine. 

On Moore can't see him getting a new contract, would happily put money on him rocking up to Partick Thistle in the summer

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

We not get 6 domestic loans this season? QOS have had 6 over the course of this season and Arbroath have currently got 5 domestic players on loan.

I think almost all of the QOS ones have been loans from Rangers. Is there no limit on how many players you can loan/be loaned from another team?

Edited by Thereisalight..