The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That was grim watching. Found it very frustrating watching us park the bus and not attempt to play any kind of attacking football against a hearts team that really isn't that great and have a defence capable of having a bombscare. Wasn't expecting much from this game so hopefully Tuesday will be more enjoyable and will see us play a bit more football

At least Arbroath and Morton also lost, and I doubt anyone was really expecting much points wise today.  I'm still seriously worried about going down though - we have only managed to score in 2 of our last 8 matches,  and I certainly don't see us scoring at Dundee.  That's a huge worry going in to the run in..... 

I thought the transfer window shut at the end of February but I see teams still bringing in loan signings. Anyone know what the rules are?  Even if Wright is close to a comeback, we still desperately need some firepower.  Grim viewing today.

The first half was brilliant from Ayr. I understand they needed to take Moff off due to his Yellow card but the game changed when Chalmers came on. Passes to nowhere and giving the ball away 🙄.  Then Zanatta trying to set up another player as opposed to putting the ball in the net 🙄

Hearts second goal was great, credit where its due. Though I was holding on hope for the draw.  The league doesn't look right at all to me 🤔 6 points between Ayr and Q.o.s with Ayr having a game in hand. 🙄

10 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I thought the transfer window shut at the end of February but I see teams still bringing in loan signings. Anyone know what the rules are?  Even if Wright is close to a comeback, we still desperately need some firepower.  Grim viewing today.

Aye.  Its all well and good being organised at the back etc but u have to be able to nick a win - even last 2 games - pretty even game midweek, get to last minute of injury time and Walsh goes clean through - just seemed so predictable at the moment that he blasts it straight at keeper.   Then today as already mentioned, goal down in a tough game, manage to work a chance, does Zanatta bury it and let us try and claim a point?  Nah passes it out the park.    

Narrow defeat on Tuesday with Inverness taking a point off Raith entirely possible and would leave the table looking horrific.   I've got the fear.   

Think loan market open until end of March? Been loads of moves this last week

Edited by Hursty

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

does Zanatta bury it and let us try and claim a point?

Ayr need someone who knows where the net is. Zanatta for Smith? Nah, wouldn't have changed him, Smith at least knows how to score goals. I won't lie, I was excited when I heard Ayr had signed Zanatta, though its amazing how quick you can go off people. 

I have my fingers and toes crossed that Hopkin can find a loan striker as, like you said, the fear is definitely here. Squeaky bum time! 

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye.  Its all well and good being organised at the back etc but u have to be able to nick a win - even last 2 games - pretty even game midweek, get to last minute of injury time and Walsh goes clean through - just seemed so predictable at the moment that he blasts it straight at keeper.   Then today as already mentioned, goal down in a tough game, manage to work a chance, does Zanatta bury it and let us try and claim a point?  Nah passes it out the park.    

Narrow defeat on Tuesday with Inverness taking a point off Raith entirely possible and would leave the table looking horrific.   I've got the fear.   

Think loan market open until end of March? Been loads of moves this last week

Our version of clean through is a boy taking the ball wide to the edge of the box to shoot and that can't sum this season up enough. 

7 minutes ago, Hursty said:

It's fair to have the fear, we really need Wright back. The games are coming thick and fast, next three: Dundee (A); Raith (H) & Alloa (A).

A minimum of 4 points required, preferably 6 points tbh.

The cup game against Elgin is irrelevant and a chance to experiment imo. League has to be the focus.

Edited by Trogdor

Alarm bells are ringing on Hopkin from the off, that's no way to approach a football match with the squad we have.  If he allows us to meekly surrender against Dundee on Tuesday then I'll not even bother getting on board.  

Initial assessment: worse than what we had including a guy who is not a football manager. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Alarm bells are ringing on Hopkin from the off, that's no way to approach a football match with the squad we have.  If he allows us to meekly surrender against Dundee on Tuesday then I'll not even bother getting on board.  

Initial assessment: worse than what we had including a guy who is not a football manager. 

Get this talk in the bin, how we play against Hearts is no metric to measure a new manager by.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

This is an utterly hilarious over reaction tbh. 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This is an utterly hilarious over reaction tbh. 

No aspect of following Ayr at the moment can be considered hilarious.  An over reaction yes, but that was truly grim viewing.  I think it’s the sense of there being no real light at the end of the tunnel that’s getting to people now.  That Zanatta moment had to be seen to be believed.  If the transfer window is still open (?) we may as well roll the dice with a loan signing from somebody.

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

After a few days he might not be fully familiar with our squad yet.  That was a free hit today with little expected and a chance to see what the players are all about. Would expect some changes over the next few games though