The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The last two games we have seen Ndaba and Muirhead, maybe even Murdoch make themselves hard to drop from their positions, McCowan and Smith already were. 

The rest have been below average so it will be interesting who he picks round about them. I doubt we'll see much tomorrow unless he manages to fire them up more than previously. Dundee should be more of an indication. 

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The last two games we have seen Ndaba and Muirhead, maybe even Murdoch make themselves hard to drop from their positions, McCowan and Smith already were. 

The rest have been below average so it will be interesting who he picks round about them. I doubt we'll see much tomorrow unless he manages to fire them up more than previously. Dundee should be more of an indication. 

Sam Roscoe LM tomorrow to latch onto the high balls to nod them on to Moff

I actually believe Baird has done ok, in fact I think our entire defence has been pretty good on the whole, with the exception of a couple of mass capitulations.

I couldn't tell you the actual stats but we seem to have kept an awful lot of clean sheets this season, so they must be doing something right.

24 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Murdoch has been the biggest disappointment this season, a shadow of his former self. No quality just busy work.

Up until last couple of games i'd have said yes, however was impressed with him in Kerr's last game against Arbroath and he looked good again last weekend IMO, especially with the protection of Muirhead allowing him a more free role

18 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Up until last couple of games i'd have said yes, however was impressed with him in Kerr's last game against Arbroath and he looked good again last weekend IMO, especially with the protection of Muirhead allowing him a more free role

Murdoch and Chalmers are just not a good partnership. I dont think Murdoch has come back from his injury as good a player, but its not surprise he has looked much better with Muirhead beside him

48 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Murdoch has been the biggest disappointment this season, a shadow of his former self. No quality just busy work.

^This, a few don't seem to see it but Murdoch is nowhere near the standard he was before.

Yes, he's improved in the last couple of games but he's still not hitting the levels he did before and he also seems incapable of tackling (he was never guilty of that before!).

I’m not trying to excuse Murdoch but I think his injury has played a big part in his drop in performance this season. Given a big part of his game is tackling and being a nippy wee player he’s probably hesitant to stick his boot in where he should be. The last game at Palmerston where he should just have wiped Shields out on the halfway line instead of letting him run through is a good example of this. The Murdoch of two seasons ago would never have let him past.

Playing next to Slow Joe doesn’t help either mind you.

I think Chalmers has been the issue where Murdoch is concerned, Murdoch needs to be the more defensive of the two to accommodate him and it just doesn't work, much better next to Aero where he can go play a bit. 

5 hours ago, wuffster said:

It's normal with an injury of the type he has had that it takes as long back playing as he was out injured to get back to the previous level.

4 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Can’t see Chalmers playing much for Hopkin , he said he wants his players to get about the park and play till the last kick something he’s not blessed with energy or pace.

Yes , I think Chalmers might be the first casualty of the Hopkins era . He might get some game time in the cup games though .

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Jacobs and McAdams I’d take but with only the latter being a regular starter. I’d like to think we could do much better than Orsi for next season.

Jacobs and Murdoch would be a great midfield partnership with a more creative player ahead of them in a three, in a massively entertaining, high pressing, hounding anything that moves way. He'd definitely be an upgrade on Chalmers or Miller.

I wouldn't want to keep Orsi even if we get relegated, but Hopkin loves him for no apparent reason.

3 hours ago, North British said:

Yes , I think Chalmers might be the first casualty of the Hopkins era . He might get some game time in the cup games though .

It will be interesting to see who steps up with the new manager in post. More than a few players well below their capability levels and a small change in the system might help. Chalmers might surprise everyone yet