The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I believe he is still very raw, there must be a player in there but he’s still young. Maybe back up for next season? 

ive been impressed with the attitude of the players and what davie white has got out of them. Hopefully Hopkins will continue that and maybe move them on a wee bit. Looking at the first  part of the season there’s only a few I’d want to keep! 

also absolutely not calling him hoppy that can get in the fucking bin

Hopiola

Hop

Hopatoni

Davie

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Early days yet. He’s obviously seen 2 of our matches but he may want to see the guys in training and another game or two before deciding if any changes need to be made.

Obviously there’s still a real risk we could go down but I’d like to see a bit of forward planning and for Hopkin to start thinking about who he can bring in for next season. This doesn’t need to happen right away though but I hope he starts looking at PCA as an option.

One of the pros of his appointment is I’d like to think his knowledge of our squad extends beyond the past two matches, but obviously different intent. You’d expect he’ll be well aware of our weaknesses, and strengths. A focus on disruptive players and a more direct style will do no harm tomorrow - looking forward to see how we line up.

Thinking about the interview Hopkin gave yesterday, he mentioned about the plans the chairman has for the club to continue our growth. 

We know about the Hub and we know there is likely to be something happening with the North Terrace, details are sketchy there. it is conceivable to consider we may switch to astro in the future, the north terrace re-development may allow for changing facilities for private hires and additional welfare facilities? If it is a pitch of a similar quality to Raith then I'd be delighted. 

From what I understand Lachlan still holds land at Heathfield and it was always intended to be put to use for the club (Anyone know if this isn't the case?), so would there be something like a training ground on the horizon? This could also double up as a gym to pull in an income via members. 

30 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Thinking about the interview Hopkin gave yesterday, he mentioned about the plans the chairman has for the club to continue our growth. 

We know about the Hub and we know there is likely to be something happening with the North Terrace, details are sketchy there. it is conceivable to consider we may switch to astro in the future, the north terrace re-development may allow for changing facilities for private hires and additional welfare facilities? If it is a pitch of a similar quality to Raith then I'd be delighted. 

From what I understand Lachlan still holds land at Heathfield and it was always intended to be put to use for the club (Anyone know if this isn't the case?), so would there be something like a training ground on the horizon? This could also double up as a gym to pull in an income via members. 

Isn't one of the benefits of installing a synthetic surface that you don't need a separate training facility?

29 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

This would imply it's owned by Allanvale aka Jim Kirkwood.

https://publicaccess.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=QL2G49BD0EK00 

This was our application for the new stadium and it's the same piece of land.

https://publicaccess.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=J9G75DBD67000

Isn't one of the benefits of installing a synthetic surface that you don't need a separate training facility?
I would think so, but then the quality of the playing surface would deteriorate much quicker. If we had a separate training facility, it could be used by AUFA too rather than renting from the council. Think we're a long way from a separate training facility being a reality anyway.

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Who is selling it / owns it?

I’m sure Barr’s family owns it. If I remember correctly, the club didn’t own it and it could only be used to build a stadium and additional buildings to help fund the project. Originally it was offices that the council were going to rent and close Burns House. 
It was why there were plenty of suitors looking to buy the club, but they all wanted to build retail units, rent them and then build the stadium which would lead to a guaranteed bankruptcy by the new owner before ground was broken on the new stadium. 
The council preferring a town centre regeneration than out of town retail/Leisure means that the club would probably struggle to fund it themselves and then lease units.

Saw the club had put photos of training today on Facebook and Still no sign of McGavin or Wright - seems strange that both are supposedly fit but neither made the squad midweek and don't seem to be training either. 

Edit:  just saw VoR column saying Wright still out with a groin injury   

Edited by Hursty