The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

57 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Could have done a job in midfield for us. Would have given us the required dig there 

League 1 is probably his level now tbh plus laterally he was far too injury prone.

I know what you're saying though he'd still be a good guy to have about the place 

*just seen he's signing to cover Docherty who's out for the season, see his luck with injuries hasn't improved...

Edited by rb123!

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not really got a QOS fans perspective of him. What’d you make of his year in charge?

McIntyre inherited a good squad from AJ league 1 winning side previous season, He did well led them to the play offs in the Championship. Losing narrowly to Falkirk 4-3. He had a number of players that went to higher clubs Zander Clark, Gavin Reilly, Dan Carmichael Kevin Holt Ian Mcshane to name a few... He had Gerry mccabe as assistant who us currently at Brechin with Michael Paton. 

Not really got a QOS fans perspective of him. What’d you make of his year in charge?
Completely split opinion of our support. I think the problem was we were expecting a wee bit more (probably unrealistic expectations tbh) after the previous season. He's the only manager who got us to the play offs though and has (officially) been our most successful manager of recent times.

I wouldn't have him back though but then I was in the camp that didn't rate him as highly.

Guest Flash
48 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He inherited a good squad but we were down near the bottom of the league with 9 points from the first 10 games. This was partly due to him changing things that didn’t need changed and also signing Antell to play in goal. After the 9th league game, Antell picked up an injury (or so we were told) and we signed Zander Clark on loan. That made a difference as did changing the formation back to the one that had run away with the Second Division.
We ended up 4th, which is probably where we would have been even with a better start. Lost the play-off quarter final after being 3-1 up on agg in the second half of the second leg. I wasn’t a fan at first but he did ok overall.

Guest Flash
9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Completely split opinion of our support. I think the problem was we were expecting a wee bit more (probably unrealistic expectations tbh) after the previous season. He's the only manager who got us to the play offs though and has (officially) been our most successful manager of recent times.

I wouldn't have him back though but then I was in the camp that didn't rate him as highly.

Fowler got us to the play-offs as well.

Funnily enough Government saying further action against football going forward can't be ruled out after what happened in Glasgow at the weekend.

All of us getting tarred under the same brush as usual because of the OF vermin

Just now, rb123! said:

Funnily enough Government saying further action against football going forward can't be ruled out after what happened in Glasgow at the weekend.

All of us getting tarred under the same brush as usual because of the OF vermin

There will genuinely be people hoping there is a spike in cases in the next few weeks so they can blame big bad football fans. Weird behaviour 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There will genuinely be people hoping there is a spike in cases in the next few weeks so they can blame big bad football fans. Weird behaviour 

there will genuinely be people hoping for a spike in cases in the next few weeks because it would be good if a few of the country's fattest nazis died due to a self-inflicted virus tearing their organs apart.

13 minutes ago, Thumper said:

there will genuinely be people hoping for a spike in cases in the next few weeks because it would be good if a few of the country's fattest nazis died due to a self-inflicted virus tearing their organs apart.

Dearie me

Sinisalo been called up for a Finland U21's training camp . Meet up the 22nd March and have two games on the 25th and 29th which would mean he'd miss Elgin and Alloa.

Guessing as it's not competitive matches we might try and keep him here. 

3 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

Sinisalo been called up for a Finland U21's training camp . Meet up the 22nd March and have two games on the 25th and 29th which would mean he'd miss Elgin and Alloa.

Guessing as it's not competitive matches we might try and keep him here. 

And he'll have to quarantine for 10 days on return....

Makes sense now why we've brought in that guy from St Mirren on loan.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

And he'll have to quarantine for 10 days on return....

Makes sense now why we've brought in that guy from St Mirren on loan.

Even with him signed I'd still be surprised if we would let him go to play two practice games against Finnish league teams if we don't have to release him.