The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Whats the capacity of the bar, do we know?  I'm too lazy to trawl through the plans.  And is the bar at the supporters club in the Hospitality suite still going to be run separately as a members thing?

I am sure it’s now about 175 

14 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Whats the capacity of the bar, do we know?  I'm too lazy to trawl through the plans.  And is the bar at the supporters club in the Hospitality suite still going to be run separately as a members thing?

Hospitality is I believe going to be members , social club is planned as a first come first served which includes away fans , no plans for a membership in that area yet , once at capacity it will be one out one in 

Edited by Robbo63

27 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

No , shop is trading from current space until new shop is built and then we will move everything in 

26 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I think that will all go as I’m sure the new building will include offices (for lottery and AU staff) as well as new shop and social club. 

26 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Unlikely. It's attached to the offices. Once the hub is ready the portacabins will be removed.

Thanks lads. Really looking forward to seeing it when  it's finished.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Personally I think it should initially be home fans only to see what the up take is. If it’s not at capacity every week then let away fans in.

I understand it’s already been decided ,don’t think we could generate 400 fans between the 2  venues , I believe the bowling club get a good income from away fans , I would rather their money came to us . 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, Iain said:

Prediction or report?

Think he will take next Saturday game but should be in before then , next round of Covid tests for us is on Wed or Thu , so should be in place by then I would presume 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Think he will take next Saturday game but should be in before then , next round of Covid tests for us is on Wed or Thu , so should be in place by then I would presume 

Was he at the game today?

Just now, Iain said:

Was he at the game today?

Nope , from my understanding all interviews should be finished  by Monday , but heard there is a clear favourite , which to be honest there should be at this point of the process 

David Smith has been around Ayr United as a supporter and director for a very very long time , I think he will have seen how a number of the candidates teams play football and believe he will pick who he feels has the best chance of getting his team closer to his ambition, who ever it is needs to hit ground running , everyone in the running is there for a reason ( most because they failed in previous jobs and some who just don’t have the experience of running a club at this level)  tough call for him , no matter who it is there will likely be negative comments before he gets a chance to manage his first game as going by previous comments everyone has their preference ( including me) there are 2 candidates who must be in the running that I will be disappointed if they get it , but will just have to get on with it and hope they have improved and were possibly round pegs in square holes previously 

Edited by Robbo63

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

David Smith has been around Ayr United as a supporter and director for a very very long time , I think he will have seen how a number of the candidates teams play football and believe he will pick who he feels has the best chance of getting his team closer to his ambition, who ever it is needs to hit ground running , everyone in the running is there for a reason ( most because they failed in previous jobs and some who just don’t have the experience of running a club at this level)  tough call for him , no matter who it is there will likely be lots of negative comments before he gets a chance to manage his first game 

Not from me - everyone deserves a chance, even a second chance. Ask Alex Ferguson if you doubt that. Davie Moyes is a more recent example of that as well.    

17 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I'm hoping Smith isn't won over by Hopkin winning the back to back promotions his brand of football is brutal to watch.

We probably don’t have the resources to go toe to toe with some of the bigger teams in this league. If Smith wants to get us promoted then a brutal efficiency style may be the way to punch above  our weight 

5 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

We probably don’t have the resources to go toe to toe with some of the bigger teams in this league. If Smith wants to get us promoted then a brutal efficiency style may be the way to punch above  our weight 

I like being entertained, but I like getting 3 points even more 🙂 , would still like to see the both of them together more often 

Edited by Robbo63

It’s not just about Hopkin’s style. There’s serious doubts IMO about whether he’d even be the man for the job.

He did exceptionally well at Livi but it’s difficult to know how much of that was down to him and not Martindale. His spells at Bradford and Morton since then don’t inspire much confidence.

I like being entertained, but I like getting 3 points even more [emoji846] , would still like to see the both of them together more often 

Agree I think in a way we're were a bit spoiled and maybe look back at McCalls tenure with rose tinted specs, do I love attacking free flowing football yes I also love 3pts at the end of 90mins that's the balancing act Smith has got to try and do.