The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Yes in his midweek interview, he said he will train again  today ( Friday) and should be available for Tuesday , Saturday would just be too soon for him

Sadly nothing more than stating the obvious in the update - ‘we need to see a reaction’. Looking forward to that team sheet tomorrow.

13 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Walsh has been a massive disappointment, barely played for half the season and been very quiet when it's mattered.

All of the summer signings have been average at best; Miller, Walsh, Sinisalo, Reading, Zanatta, Chalmers...I wouldn't be sad to see any of them leave the way they've been playing. 

I've thought Sinisalo has been one of our better players, Miller was signed as a bench filler / utility and has been decent at RB and CM so pass marks there. Reading started really well, but fell away after a couple of poor games. Walsh, Chalmers and Zanatta have been underwhelming at the least

White saying the players were shocked when they heard about Kerr. I mean, it couldn't have come as that much of a surprise.

Probably says much about the state of their minds than anything else....comfortable? relaxed? Plucky wee Ayr dishing out 2 year contracts?

We all want fighters on that pitch - fighting their own one-on-one battles right throughout the team.

When you rip Jamie Adams then Stevie Bell out of your team, that’s tough, very tough, they would literally walk through walls to win.

We have replaced them, but not like for like, and that for me is a huge part of what we are missing this season.

17 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Don't forget about Andy Geggan .loved a battle .

Aye, we miss that.

Remember the game at Dunfermline where Paton kicked out at Docherty off the ball. Geggan got him back all right and only a yellow card. You need that in a team, you can't be pushed around.

Whoever comes in needs to keep us up with these wimps and then have a major clear out in the Summer. Not many would survive the cull if it was up to me. 

Kind of matches up with some of the players that did the black & white tv interview A-Z.  One of the questions was to sum up the "gaffer" and a few of them said "understanding".  Definitely a good quality, but maybe not the major defining one you want your team manager to have, unless you have other coaches or senior players who are capable of being absolute b*****ds if needed.  I didn't get that feeling from any of them other than Muirhead recently.  

Kerr was right with saying that they were soft, but in these kind of scraps you need some fight.  We've got some decent technical players but whoever comes in will need to fire a rocket up their backsides.  Quality and commitment can't be driven by coaches, that really has to come from senior players.  

42 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, we miss that.

Remember the game at Dunfermline where Paton kicked out at Docherty off the ball. Geggan got him back all right and only a yellow card. You need that in a team, you can't be pushed around.

Whoever comes in needs to keep us up with these wimps and then have a major clear out in the Summer. Not many would survive the cull if it was up to me. 

Can still secure loan signings and free agents.  I presume a different manager isn't expected to just make these players play better and some funds will be available to accommodate.  Otherwise what's the point. 

Better to be lucky than good, and Kerr just didn’t get lucky with this team.

I worry that the team isn’t good enough - not so much the individuals - but just a bad collective and mix of players.

On paper, I don’t think anyone was unhappy with each signing Kerr made, and we were optimistic at the start of the campaign.

On paper, we should be doing better. The fear I have is that even the best coach in the world may not get a tune out of this team and this squad.

My gut is telling me we need a certain type of manager to see out the rest of the campaign, and then possibly another type to see us promoted in assembling a promotion winning squad.

All of this is set to the backdrop that I am sure in my bones that Killie are going down this season, and I would give my left arm to see us in the same league again with them, and, being able to see it in the flesh too.

So I don’t think the chairman can look too far ahead (although he probably will) and just get someone in to keep us up!!

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Can still secure loan signings and free agents.  I presume a different manager isn't expected to just make these players play better and some funds will be available to accommodate.  Otherwise what's the point. 

Pretty embarrassing and desperate times if we're scrapping about for signings with just 6/7 weeks of the season left....

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I was forgetting that we could still bring in loans and free agents. I'm not sure what's still available in that well but we'll need to tap it as you say.

In addition, we need a new manager that puts the fear into them. A kick up the arse is what a few of these guys are needing to contribute more. Its hard to tell definitively as it's hard to see all the off the ball movement (via streams) but it strikes me that many of them are guilty of not tracking back and not sticking to their man at set pieces. A new manager should be able to improve that.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Pretty embarrassing and desperate times if we're scrapping about for signings with just 6/7 weeks of the season left....

Aw aye the boys that have us in this position are doing a great job. 

31 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I can't even think of any decent out of contract players that would add anything to the team 🤔 Who could Ayr get on loan? 

Anyone know of anybody? 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aw aye the boys that have us in this position are doing a great job. 

Well we don't know how well they'll react to what has happened, tomorrow will be the first telltale signs.

Plus who exactly is going to improve the team who is currently a free agent, anyone who is still a free agent now will be one for a reason... 

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I can't even think of any decent out of contract players that would add anything to the team 🤔 Who could Ayr get on loan? 

Anyone know of anybody? 

Jamaica keeper is out off contract Knight looks a class act

Long shot but you never know if acomidation is lined up 

Lee Camp is another good one to out of contract left Coventry in Nov on a short term deal

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Well we don't know how well they'll react to what has happened, tomorrow will be the first telltale signs.

Plus who exactly is going to improve the team who is currently a free agent, anyone who is still a free agent now will be one for a reason... 

Mind we signed Jamie Adam seemingly out of nowhere. Obviously he was a gem in a sea of weeds but, there must be others out there like him. 

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Same goes for managers right? 

I did also say loans. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Same goes for managers right? 

I did also say loans. 

True

How many loans are we allowed/got left, pretty sure you're allowed 4 domestic and unlimited from England, as far as i can recall we have 3 from England and no Scottish loans so i suppose loans could be an opportunity. When does the loan market shut?