The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

White says the players are gutted at Kerr leaving, it never particularly struck me that they had turned against him so who knows where that leaves us. You would expect a reaction on Saturday but then you'd be asking where that's been all season.

I have no doubt that the players were close to Kerr. The entire team was made up of guys who either played with him or were convinced to join the club because of him. Both sets would speak very highly of him.

But I think most of them would admit a change was needed. Either by Kerr doing something different or it being taken out of his hands.

16 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

White says the players are gutted at Kerr leaving, it never particularly struck me that they had turned against him so who knows where that leaves us. You would expect a reaction on Saturday but then you'd be asking where that's been all season.

Without wanting to turn all old school or dinosaur maybe they felt too comfortable with him and could actually do with someone coming in and giving them a bit of a bollocking.   We certainly seem to play with less of an urgency than most in the league especially when we are a goal down etc

To expand on my last post - I genuinely don't think the squad is THAT bad.  Was saying to my old man before the Arbroath game - if we happened to be playing against someone that day who had for example Moffat, McCowan, Walsh and Smith as forward options id be expecting to be constantly feeling that we were likely to concede as there's goals and creativity in there.   Yet for some reason I didn't expect us to score that day in the slightest.   Something clearly not right there.   

12 minutes ago, Hursty said:

To expand on my last post - I genuinely don't think the squad is THAT bad.  Was saying to my old man before the Arbroath game - if we happened to be playing against someone that day who had for example Moffat, McCowan, Walsh and Smith as forward options id be expecting to be constantly feeling that we were likely to concede as there's goals and creativity in there.   Yet for some reason I didn't expect us to score that day in the slightest.   Something clearly not right there.   

The problem is central midfield, we don't have the players in there to stamp their authority on the game and control it.  A Ross Docherty type if you will. 

Creative passing and dribbling from that area is also at an all time low as well but both of these things may simply be because Kerr saw Murdoch as the destructive player in there rather than putting someone beside him who is.  

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The problem is central midfield, we don't have the players in there to stamp their authority on the game and control it.  A Ross Docherty type if you will. 

Creative passing and dribbling from that area is also at an all time low as well but both of these things may simply be because Kerr saw Murdoch as the destructive player in there rather than putting someone beside him who is.  

Ayr should tried to get Liam Burt when he was free

Our ammy team had his big brother Ryan in it

Just now, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Ayr should tried to get Liam Burt when he was free

Our ammy team had his big brother Ryan in it

Go and start a blog for your football manager game man nobody cares. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Go and start a blog for your football manager game man nobody cares. 

I don't care about your opinions either none of you have the first clue about most stuff to do with football on and off the park 

You mean shouting for Petrie shows the brain power if most Ayr fans

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

NGL I've little confidence this is a great or even average squad misfiring due to poor setup/instructions from the bench.  I'd be surprised if a new manager will be able to turn things around in such a short space of time with a couple of loan players. 

I haven't heard anything or that I just don't see a win on Saturday and it's pretty sticky if we don't get it.  

Edited by itzdrk

Just now, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I don't care about your options either none of you have the first clue about most stuff to do with football on and off the park 

You mean shouting for Petrie shows the brain power if most Ayr fans

Grow up Dryhorce, grow up. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

NGL I've little confidence this is a great or even average squad misfiring due to poor setup/instructions from the bench.  I'd be surprised if a new manager will be able to turn things around in such a short space of time with a couple of loan players. 

I haven't heard anything or that I just don't see a win on Saturday and it's pretty sticky if we don't get it.  

Our problems definitely lay deeper than just a simple formation change.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Grow up Dryhorce, grow up. 

Who?

Connor Scullion is another really good player playing in the juniors just now who was at Dumbarton played for half a season

If Ayr go down they cluod put a right good team together out the juniors 

Jordan Allan is a class act to at Darvel could easily play back at that level

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I have no doubt that the players were close to Kerr. The entire team was made up of guys who either played with him or were convinced to join the club because of him. Both sets would speak very highly of him.

But I think most of them would admit a change was needed. Either by Kerr doing something different or it being taken out of his hands.

Shades of Roberts...

Stevie Bell leaving so late in pre season also had a major impact, pretty sure he would have been as big a presence off the pitch as well as on it.
I think Muirhead has stepped into that role to an extent. Surprised by the season he's having tbh, along with McCowan they've been my two best performers. And only been sent off the once I think

31 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Agree re Doherty, we have missed him big time. 

Again re the squad, I'm not saying its perfect or even particularly great, but I'm looking at Morton's lineup from Saturday there and not seeing anything that suggests we shouldn't be going there and being confident of a win -  yet in reality I expect us to get beat by a couple of goals.     

20 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Agree re Doherty, we have missed him big time. 

Again re the squad, I'm not saying its perfect or even particularly great, but I'm looking at Morton's lineup from Saturday there and not seeing anything that suggests we shouldn't be going there and being confident of a win -  yet in reality I expect us to get beat by a couple of goals.     

Mark Hill up at Forfar is a Docherty type 

I don't know if he is injured just now or what ever

But the lads who play with him swear by him

See guys like that travelling miles to get a game when somewhere closer to home would suit them better

I also see Ray Grant has moved from Alloa from Clyde he is another good holding midfielder rated him to

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297