The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Uh oh - not gonna lie, leagues (or at least playoffs) possibly being cancelled was the one real hope i had of avoiding the drop 😬

I always thought it was more likely they would resume. It wouldn't feel right to be saved from the play offs by Covid-19. That's the sort of stuff that happens to vampire clubs like Airdrie, how many times did they avoid the drop in the old first division?

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I always thought it was more likely they would resume. It wouldn't feel right to be saved from the play offs by Covid-19. That's the sort of stuff that happens to vampire clubs like Airdrie, how many times did they avoid the drop in the old first division?

This. I’d much rather get relegated fairly than getting kept up due to COVID

18 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Uh oh - not gonna lie, leagues (or at least playoffs) possibly being cancelled was the one real hope i had of avoiding the drop 😬

Screenshot_20210302-133800_Twitter.jpg

A play off against Partick gives me the fear....

21 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Means we have a pretty full March now - 7 games with 6 of them away.  

Fs what a joke, only people who want this competition done this year is the SFA/SPFL so they get their big paycheque from William Hill

47 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Fs what a joke, only people who want this competition done this year is the SFA/SPFL so they get their big paycheque from William Hill

No no, it's Association Footballs oldest competition, cancelling it would be a travesty (unless the Bigot Bros were already eliminated)

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

No no, it's Association Footballs oldest competition, cancelling it would be a travesty (unless the Bigot Bros were already eliminated)

Let’s not forget we have a decent draw and there is decent prize money at stake . 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

William Hill don’t sponsor it anymore. Last season was the last. Currently no sponsor.

58 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Both Ayrshire teams finishing bottom of their respective leagues this season would be a right minter.

Last season we were talking about the possibility of meeting them in the promotion play offs :(

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

William Hill don’t sponsor it anymore. Last season was the last. Currently no sponsor.

Even less rationale to play it then. 

Commercial Department is clearly working wonders with no title sponsor for the Scottish Cup and scrapping the barrel with Glens Vodka for the SPFL sponsor.

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
22 minutes ago, mugen_power said:
Last season we were talking about the possibility of meeting them in the promotion play offs emoji20.png

I'm sure Watto and Robbo still think there's a chance.

Don't be such an unhappy clapper :lol:

52 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
59 minutes ago, mugen_power said:
Last season we were talking about the possibility of meeting them in the promotion play offs emoji20.png

I'm sure Watto and Robbo still think there's a chance.

I don’t know where you get that from when I said as recent as yesterday we would be 6th or 7th