The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

What do we do with our GK situation?

Was no mention of how long emergency loan covered, may have just been Saturday?

All of a sudden we're in a bit of a mess with GK situation and no manager to solve it...

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Is Hurst not a R.E teacher in England?

I believe so.  It just pretty much confirms what I was saying yesterday about these bookies shortlists are largely meaningless.  They are just plucked from social media rumours and suggestions, never really anything concrete in them.  

35 minutes ago, rb123! said:

All of a sudden we're in a bit of a mess with GK situation and no manager to solve it...

Sinisola was at training today , so hopefully nothing too serious 

Edited by Robbo63

36 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I believe so.  It just pretty much confirms what I was saying yesterday about these bookies shortlists are largely meaningless.  They are just plucked from social media rumours and suggestions, never really anything concrete in them.  

It’s the same names that pour out after every sacking , only a couple of new contenders this time , 

1 hour ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

This post on SRE has a whiff of "I signed up for an online football agents course on FB" all over it....

Sad state of affairs if MK was relying on fans/part time online agents lining up players... 

Sounds very desperate to me... 

You can be an agent after doing a Facebook course?

5 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I meant to ask on Saturday after hearing from the AU500 representative at half time. Do those ploughing serious amounts of money into the club through AU500 get shares in the club for their efforts in return and if not, should they? 

No and no , some people take more shots on the  AU lottery than what some fans pay in monthly to AU500, so I don’t think it would be feasible to offer shares as part of a fund raising exercise, shares are another way of earning income and I feel should be kept as that , only IMO

14 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

No and no , some people take more shots on the  AU lottery than what some fans pay in monthly to AU500, so I don’t think it would be feasible to offer shares as part of a fund raising exercise, shares are another way of earning income and I feel should be kept as that , only IMO

Cheers for the clarification Robbo. I was meaning shares being given to the organisation of AU500 as opposed to individual contributors. The sums quoted and being handed over on a regular basis are a serious amount of money for a club like us.

It would be nice if the club could give something back as a show of appreciation. It builds goodwill and a feeling of formal partnership between the club and their fan base and who knows might even attract more fans to step forward and sign up to the fund.

Just a thought.

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Has anyone seen the post on the the SRE about the player that we nearly signed? 7EF372F6-D47B-472E-8A94-6695F2A6CC52.thumb.png.dd9ece1e2f4e2bd36391ebec2eb2f7e9.png

Found out about this boy on Saturday, he's absolutely mince. 

17 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

A bit of generalisation there.

I see it as a donation, I contribute to the AU 500 club and play the lottery. The AU500 is about 4/5 times more than the lottery for me each month. I'd imagine that's normal, it depends how many go's you have on the lottery right enough.

I wouldn't pay anymore than I do just now by way of a donation. It would be good to gift aid it but I don't think the wage budget would constitute a charity tbf.

I always though the money raised by AU500 should go towards buying match tickets for schools or charities.

Always good to encourage a new generation to come to Somerset.

27 minutes ago, ftk said:

I always though the money raised by AU500 should go towards buying match tickets for schools or charities.

Always good to encourage a new generation to come to Somerset.

It’s an interesting idea but AU500FUND was deliberately set up to provide money for the player budget and that’s the basis that people donate. Might be something you could look at and set up.

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

Amal Knight looks seriously good on Youtube if the club can put folk up in hotels could be worth getting over for a trial even Ayr myst be better than Kingston rude boy

5 hours ago, super_carson said:

RE teacher I wont even try 😁