The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Nice to see no malice aimed at Kerr, he worked extremely hard to make a success of this but ultimately he couldn’t put a product on the pitch and this is absolutely the right decision.

A man has poured his heart & soul into a job, and lived & breathed Ayr United but he’s had to tell his wife that he’s now unemployed, football’s a tough gig.

Can see Kerr maybe trying to rebuild his career at a part time club, likes of Alloa would be a good place for him IMO. Unsure of his circumstantial situations outwith football regarding whether he could afford to manage part time or he might even take a coaching role at Falkirk, who knows.

Do feel sorry for him cause he couldn't be faulted for commitment but was some what let down by not having an experienced head in the dugout. Still don't understand the logic of McCall and 2 coaches on the sideline with decades of experience between them. To go to a player/manager and leave him with 1 assistant coach with no "practical" management experience. Whether that was Kerr's decision  or clubs we'll likely never know however  i think he'll look back on that as a big mistake along with not playing more.

3 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

How has Peter Murphy been doing? 

Interesting shout, maybe too far north for him? Does he not also run an academy? Maybe PT suits him.

Edited by bazka6

The McBookie list that will go up today will be interesting to see. The likes of McIntyre and Canning will top the list, I wonder if we’ll see any left field names nearing the top of the list. I think Smith will look to go with a “safer” option in the mould of one of they 2 mentioned. I think the major problem, there isn’t that many decent managers out, or even to a certain respect in a job (who we could attract). 

14 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Why? He has more experience and has had more managerial success than any other person mentioned. 

I suppose it depends on how you define success.. The only trophy Levein has won is manager of the month.

57 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The McBookie list that will go up today will be interesting to see. The likes of McIntyre and Canning will top the list, I wonder if we’ll see any left field names nearing the top of the list. I think Smith will look to go with a “safer” option in the mould of one of they 2 mentioned. I think the major problem, there isn’t that many decent managers out, or even to a certain respect in a job (who we could attract). 

Can’t see there being anything unexpected at this moment.  Usually at this point bookies take their candidates from early reports in the press, who in turn usually get their list of names from social media and forums like this.  

26 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I suppose it depends on how you define success.. The only trophy Levein has won is manager of the month.

He did well enough in enough places to get the Scotland job though (and let's not think too much about what happened after that).

My concern with Levein is that he seems like a methodical guy which maybe isn't what we want when we need an immediate impact, even if it is exactly what we need thereafter.

Re Moffat , the guy has one of the best footballing brains I have seen in many years. I loved him when he played with the Pars. I know he has gym interests but I suspect he would make an excellent coach  ( dont know if he has started any badge work)  but he could make a great foil to a more experienced manager in my opinion.