The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’ve literally said they’ve identified potential candidates. Away and get out in the sun and cheer up a bit.

Very good big mouth.  The man with all the answers.  If we had a clear idea who we wanted we’d be in contact with them.  Sounds like the board have looked at the same list we’ve discussed on this forum and came to the same conclusion that there isn’t an obvious or appealing candidate,.

Given how wrong you got it with Kerr, I’d have thought you might want to shut the hell up for a while.

Don’t feel any sense of relief or happiness.  Kerr seemed a decent guy who could and should have been moved into a coaching role after McCall went.  Utterly reckless appointment that has blown up in everyone’s face.  No idea where we go now from here.  The names mentioned recently are a complete joke, but I guess we’ll have to pick one of them.  
That's simply not true.

The fact it hasn't worked out does not in any way prove it was a reckless appointment. Plenty of fantastic - looking appointments don't work out-especially in football. And plenty of terrible-looking appointments go on and have great success.

32 minutes ago, Iain said:

Think it needs to be a manager with a successful track record next. Big call.

It's not the Celtic job its Ayr give it to a rookie who was a big player McFadden would be fine who still has a lot of links to attract players 

Crawl up to him like you did for Shanks even though he is from Glasgow to 

Cringy Ayr fans 😁😁😁😁

Very good big mouth.  The man with all the answers.  If we had a clear idea who we wanted we’d be in contact with them.  Sounds like the board have looked at the same list we’ve discussed on this forum and came to the same conclusion that there isn’t an obvious or appealing candidate,.
Given how wrong you got it with Kerr, I’d have thought you might want to shut the hell up for a while.

Don’t be annoyed with me just because you didn’t read the statement properly. Clearly been going to the optician as Dryhorce.

23 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

We already got rid of one alkie don't need another thank you

15 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You should be left in a field with that nonsense. 

A tad unfair here. I did say it was left field.

If we're considering league one part time managers as some have touted them she should be in the mix. She managed the Stirling Uni men's team and managed the women's national team. I'd argue the later is significantly more challenging than a part time League One team.

I think its unlikely and she wants to go down the football administrator route like Director of Football or such like. Hence why it's left field.

Edited by Trogdor

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I'm looking forward to some of the duds McBookie will put out on their odds.

That'll be when the dawning realisation comes round for a lot on here as to just what's out there. 

Getting team/s out of the Championship has to be a must regardless of who comes in. 

47 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I doubt it'll be for long. We need someone in pronto.

What about David Hopkin , could they both have been at Morton around the same time ? Maybe McLaughlin was before his time 

Edited by Robbo63

What about David Hopkin , could they both have been at Morton around the same time ? Maybe McLaughlin was before his time 

After what he did at Morton I wouldn’t go near him. I think what happened at Livi was more down to Martindale.

45 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Worst fears confirmed in the short term.  Boys club manager picking the team for critical game on Saturday - a guy that should have been put out the door with Roberts.  The club inviting applications so nobody lined up with 11 games to play.

Don’t know where you get nobody lined up , Smith says in his statement he already has identified a couple of candidates 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, Hopkin would be a very meh appointment. 

Agree with you , just thinking why McLaughlin was appointed just before Kerr was sacked , surely Kerr knew in advance what the consequences were if he did not pick up points in those last 2 home games , I don’t think today was a spur of the moment decision , come on now Fraser let us know who will make you happy going forward on a Saturday night 😁

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Agree with you , just thinking why McLaughlin was appointed just before Kerr was sacked , surely Kerr know in advance what the consequences were if he did not pick up points in those last 2 home games , I don’t think today was a spur of the moment decision 

I wondered why McLaughlin wasn't part of the temporary arrangement. Is he actually contracted or just helping out? If its someone he's worked with in the past it could be Mark McGhee. 🙈