The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Yup - I genuinely thought he could turn it round while accepting that we had been shite, but after that today I've changed my mind.  Doesn't change the fact that the league IS tight and that we ARE still strangely close to playoffs, but there just seems to be an acceptance on the park that we are down.   Seem to be the only team in the league that hasn't won any points that I can think of with a late comeback or something - there's not a chance that if we were 1-0 up away to ANYONE in the league with 20 mins left and be under as little pressure as Arbroath were today.  That says it all for me 

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:
Mark Kerr: “The position in the league looks horrendous and lands at me. We need to have more about ourselves - I could go in there and do it myself. I’ve tried not to and that’s my one regret - I should have played myself more.”

(VOR)

Hoping you've just made that up.

4 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
19 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
Embarrassing today, no fight, no heart ,no pattern of play , not even entertaining , something needs to change ! 

Wow. If that's not a hint at an ITK managerial change I don't know what is.

Certainly not ITK , just my feelings on watching that today , a number of players have let us down recently and something needs to change 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Get that kind of talk in the bin.

You’re saying that if people don’t agree with you then they don’t know what they’re talking about. A lot of people have backed him in the hope things turned round. After today it’s become apparent imo that he won’t change things. It’s not a race to be the first one to start asking for people to get sacked.

Nah, you get in the bin.  You’re one of the folk who’ve been dutifully trotting on here week after week defending Kerr.  Now you’re changing your tune when it’s too late and we’re miles past the point of no return.  Today isn’t an isolated result.  We fell apart last season in a matter of weeks  after Kerr took over.  He was lucky the season got called early.  Take out the Albion rovers result in the cup, 2 wins against a duff Alloa side and 2 flukey wins against queens and Dundee and we’ve been awful all season.  But still you chose not to see it.  It’s not a question of not knowing what you’re talking about, it’s a question of burying your head in the sand.  Now we all get to pay the price.

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:
Mark Kerr: “The position in the league looks horrendous and lands at me. We need to have more about ourselves - I could go in there and do it myself. I’ve tried not to and that’s my one regret - I should have played myself more.”

(VOR)

Was just about to post this.  He sounds like he knows his time is up.  I do feel sorry for the guy I have to say - but the decision that folk questioned at the time to chuck playing right away pretty much and not have an extra experienced body in the dugout has been a disaster.  He would walk in to that starting XI today 

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Nah, you get in the bin.  You’re one of the folk who’ve been dutifully trotting on here week after week defending Kerr.  Now you’re changing your tune when it’s too late and we’re miles past the point of no return.  Today isn’t an isolated result.  We fell apart last season in a matter of weeks  after Kerr took over.  He was lucky the season got called early.  Take out the Albion rovers result in the cup, 2 wins against a duff Alloa side and 2 flukey wins against queens and Dundee and we’ve been awful all season.  But still you chose not to see it.  It’s not a question of not knowing what you’re talking about, it’s a question of burying your head in the sand.  Now we all get to pay the price.

Its nowhere near the point of no return, that's bollocks.   It shouldn't be that difficult for a new manager to come in and shake it up a bit and get a couple of wins on the board. 

It's sad because he's a decent lad, but sadly it's not worked out and more importantly shows no sign of improving, the  club have made and are making great strides off the pitch it would be disastrous now to go down, so in that respect Smith has to replace kerr.

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

(VOR)

Sounds to me like someone who isn't prepared to chuck the towel in, just yet.....

4 minutes ago, ulysses said:

I’m completely ignoring the mood of the room right now (sorry), but how was Urminsky for you lads today?

Looked OK, didn't really have much to do - had a couple of iffy kicks and only had 2 shots on target against him i can think of, one good save and couldn't do anything for goal  i don't think 

Edited by Hursty

And just like that it looks like I've got one[emoji38]

This has been the rhetoric from some for a good few weeks..

And what?

Peoples opinions can change you know. Some chose to give him a bit of time and it’s not worked. As I said before there are no special prizes for being one of the ones that wanted him sacked months ago.

Just now, rb123! said:

Sounds to me like someone who isn't prepared to chuck the towel in, just yet.....

I took it the opposite way - I get the impression he knows his time is up and is regretting not playing himself more.  Which he should have

Just now, rb123! said:

I thought it sounded like he recognised he was a goner? When people say their one regret is, its usually after the fact where they can't change whatever it was.

Maybe reading too much into it.

Certainly not ITK , just my feelings on watching that today , a number of players have let us down recently and something needs to change 
Don't think it's even fair anymore to be saying that it's the players that's letting us down. Players like Walsh, Smith, Murdoch (and more) are are all a high standard of championship players but have all regressed under Kerr's management. That coupled with the Anderson and Cameron situation just shows that Kerr can't get the best out of players and doesn't know how to play to their strengths. This isn't their fault, this is the doings of a tactically inept and clueless management team.

4 minutes ago, ulysses said:

I’m completely ignoring the mood of the room right now (sorry), but how was Urminsky for you lads today?

Questionable for the goal, got hands to the shot but couldn't keep it out, wouldn't say it was a rocket world beating shot either....

Apart from that OK

Edited by rb123!