The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We've watched this club long enough to know it gives you highs and lows, the ups and downs from week to week and season to season. Like players sometimes lose confidence, I believe that fans are the same, but it can return and that comes down to results, pure and simple. 

The truth for us at the moment I truly believe is somewhere in the middle, I'm on the fence in that we're not as bad as some people would have you believe in terms of being relegated and probably not got the ceiling to be in the playoffs either. 

Recency bias plays a huge part in the thinking and mindset of fans, 3 or 4 "bad" results and the end is nigh, 3 or 4 "good" results and you're the reincarnation of the 1970 Brazil team. Throw in league positions in a 10 team league lopsided by games played and team much better than the rest. 

Let's just suck it up and see where things take us, to a huge extent we've overachieved back in the Championship and perhaps this is just variance to bring expectations back to where they should have been to begin with. 

There's plenty of football still to be played, these are the times when you look to the players themselves to dig out a scrappy result just to get a win on the board. 

Forget about formations and tactics, at times its just about winning your personal battles all over the pitch and making the "right" decisions in order to get a result. 

Cmon Ayr. 

Edited by BukyOHare

If Kerr signs a winger i am finished for the season. 

Can’t see it happening but if it did it would show that he’s got zero idea of where the problems lie in this team.

As I said I can’t see us signing anyone let alone a winger.

Can’t see it happening but if it did it would show that he’s got zero idea of where the problems lie in this team.

As I said I can’t see us signing anyone let alone a winger.
Maybe he's planning for next season when we'll be short of wingers.

Good to know if the player is full or part time

Only reason I can think of why he'd sign another winger. Unless one or more of our current ones are out for the season

Unless of course it’s a winger who can play upfront??

Bearing in mind we can only sign domestic loans and free agents I’m not really sure who it could be besides from a young loan player.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Unless of course it’s a winger who can play upfront??

Bearing in mind we can only sign domestic loans and free agents I’m not really sure who it could be besides from a young loan player.

Been someone at training  last week , heard he was pretty decent , not sure if it’s him though 

Been someone at training  last week , heard he was pretty decent , not sure if it’s him though 

Hope it’s not a winger then. We have Walsh, McCowan, Zanatta and Smith for that role. It’s arguably the last position we need to strengthen.

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hope it’s not a winger then. We have Walsh, McCowan, Zanatta and Smith for that role. It’s arguably the last position we need to strengthen.

Could be a hint to a change in style, Walsh is certainly a winger but (IMO) McCowan is not, you would more describe him as a forward than someone getting the ball across the face of goal or whipping something in from wide. Then you have Dario, a winger, yes, someone who you'd trust? No. 

Kerr seems to like the idea of getting the ball in the box as much as possible and neither McCowan or Zanatta are going to do that for different reasons.  Could see a more simple 442 with McCowan playing as a striker off Wright when fit.  What it would mean for Smith I have no idea. 

Could be a hint to a change in style, Walsh is certainly a winger but (IMO) McCowan is not, you would more describe him as a forward than someone getting the ball across the face of goal or whipping something in from wide. Then you have Dario, a winger, yes, someone who you'd trust? No. 
Kerr seems to like the idea of getting the ball in the box as much as possible and neither McCowan or Zanatta are going to do that for different reasons.  Could see a more simple 442 with McCowan playing as a striker off Wright when fit.  What it would mean for Smith I have no idea. 

For me Smith doesn’t fit into how Kerr wants his team to play. He’s a cracking player but he can go through games not really contributing anything.

He’s too good a player to sit on the bench so he might be used as a striker if another winger comes in.