Jump to content
D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

What about making it Kerr 5th best?

5th best what? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Does the experience have to come from a level above where we currently play? I would be happy to look at lower league candidates that have proven themselves in challenging circumstances. The addition of an experienced coach might be our best bed if the jobs market is weak due to covid season

You’d be looking at a gamble, lower league manager, never managed at full time level before, maybe never played there before or at least for long....had to many failures in the last 20 years to keep gambling on unearthing a gem that never turns up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Manager in the division apparently 

I don’t think you’ll find a single Ayr fan saying that m9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

I don’t think you’ll find a single Ayr fan saying that m9

If you go onto the recently created forum about rating managers in the league i think a few put their thoughts on yesterday, granted if they were to do it now i'm sure they'd change them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're in a bad situation, there's no denying that, can go along the bullshit line of "we're still only 4 points off 4th" however the writing is on the wall. Form has been pish, in the last 10 league games we've won TWICE, both against Alloa, who are bottom, that in itself speaks volumes of how we're doing......

Being 9th is a massive psychological downer for the squad, manager, whole club.... to wake up and look at being 9th in the table oozes confidence out of players, the confidence has already gone IMO and when the manager loses that in his players it's very difficult to get it back. Especially for Kerr because he's young and inexperienced so will be hurting most likely from a players perspective, old wily guy like Dick Campbell can turn around Arbroath into a 7 game unbeaten run because he has seen it all before and knows how to get out of these situations, Kerr won't know what to do.

He'll not go tonight, or tomorrow. He'll be in the dugout for Dundee on Tuesday night, think even if we don't win that and lose it would take a 3/4-0 pumping by Dundee to consider him getting punted, Arbroath next Saturday is the big one, lose Tuesday and then Saturday and HE MUST GO. 

We cannot go down to League 1, the strides we've taken off the park would be destroyed if we were to get relegated plus League One is a difficult league to get out of now which Falkrik and Partick Thistle have found out. When we were in it a few years ago, apart from ourselves and Raith the rest of the teams we're pretty average to poor. 

Controversial as this would be i'd honestly take McCall back, f**k what happened in the past, what's more important to this club? holding a pretty petulant grudge against a man who turned this club around or destroy all the hard work he created by letting us slide back down to the league where the rebuild begin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You’d be looking at a gamble, lower league manager, never managed at full time level before, maybe never played there before or at least for long....had to many failures in the last 20 years to keep gambling on unearthing a gem that never turns up

I’m happy to take a punt providing the correct research is done in advance. It’s one thing hiring a manager who doesn’t do well in a role. Our mistake is giving people a start in management who then find out its not really their vocation   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If you go onto the recently created forum about rating managers in the league i think a few put their thoughts on yesterday, granted if they were to do it now i'm sure they'd change them

 

F06BEB2E-2DEC-4E81-B140-B0D765A25695.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They wouldn't their clueless lickspittles, so called fans like them have held the club back for years ,apparently agreeing with the club at every turn is a sign of true support, its embarrassing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

They wouldn't their clueless lickspittles, so called fans like them have held the club back for years ,apparently agreeing with the club at every turn is a sign of true support, its embarrassing 

Are you ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

They wouldn't their clueless lickspittles, so called fans like them have held the club back for years ,apparently agreeing with the club at every turn is a sign of true support, its embarrassing 

We’ve all seen you now, you can go away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

They wouldn't their clueless lickspittles, so called fans like them have held the club back for years ,apparently agreeing with the club at every turn is a sign of true support, its embarrassing 

If there’s one person that bolded word sums up, it’s you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was probably the most depressing performance for me in the recent poor run, however I think we really need to change our formation as we've got nothing in the middle of the park and as a result the front guys are completely isolated (this was also part of the problem with Anderson).

It's all very well having Smith, Walsh, Moffat and McCowan but if we can't control games and play through them, then it's pointless them being there.

Looking back at today, I think we need to sacrifice at least one of them (probably Moffat or Smith) and stick the likes of McGavin in the centre of the park to aid Murdoch and Chalmers who are both clearly struggling to get a grip on games.

I've been pretty supportive of Kerr throughout, however we need to be taking a minimum of 5 points from our next 9 or we will be in realistic relegation trouble and as others have said, that WOULD be a disaster.

I still firmly believe that we've more than enough to get out of trouble but they really need to start showing us that and quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

They wouldn't their clueless lickspittles, so called fans like them have held the club back for years ,apparently agreeing with the club at every turn is a sign of true support, its embarrassing 

Grow up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Today was probably the most depressing performance for me in the recent poor run, however I think we really need to change our formation as we've got nothing in the middle of the park and as a result the front guys are completely isolated (this was also part of the problem with Anderson).

It's all very well having Smith, Walsh, Moffat and McCowan but if we can't control games and play through them, then it's pointless them being there.

Looking back at today, I think we need to sacrifice at least one of them (probably Moffat or Smith) and stick the likes of McGavin in the centre of the park to aid Murdoch and Chalmers who are both clearly struggling to get a grip on games.

I've been pretty supportive of Kerr throughout, however we need to be taking a minimum of 5 points from our next 9 or we will be in realistic relegation trouble and as others have said, that WOULD be a disaster.

I still firmly believe that we've more than enough to get out of trouble but they really need to start showing us that and quickly.

We’re currently sitting 9th so I think that ship has sailed chief. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...