The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think most supporters will be counting down the sleeps when the first game with fans is announced. I was fortunate to get to Barrow v Salford (I bought a season ticket) between lockdowns and the rush when Faithless was playing over the PA as the teams ran out was almost overwhelming, despite them being very much a second team for me.

I guarantee tears will be shed when Ayr run out to fans at Somerset again!

1 minute ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I think most supporters will be counting down the sleeps when the first game with fans is announced. I was fortunate to get to Barrow v Salford (I bought a season ticket) between lockdowns and the rush when Faithless was playing over the PA as the teams ran out was almost overwhelming, despite them being very much a second team for me.

I guarantee tears will be shed when Ayr run out to fans at Somerset again!

Tears of happiness as the teams run out and tears of agony as we go 3-0 down after 30 minutes. 

When restrictions are lifted then for the first home game  I think you could see much bigger crowds than usual just from folk wanting to get out and do something. that's why I fully expect the first game back to be some drab 0-0. Club should be promoting the hell out of it anyway.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

When restrictions are lifted then for the first home game  I think you could see much bigger crowds than usual just from folk wanting to get out and do something. that's why I fully expect the first game back to be some drab 0-0. Club should be promoting the hell out of it anyway.

Reckon that will be a shit Betfred group game for season 21/22 

10 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Posters up on the shutters of pubs IMO

6 hours ago, North British said:

Oh for Killie at home in the sun for the Betfred in August . That bar in the new Hub might just get drank dry ...

And we'll all have to sign up to Premier Sports if we want to see it :lol:

On 18/02/2021 at 18:27, North British said:

Oh for Killie at home in the sun for the Betfred in August . That bar in the new Hub might just get drank dry ...

The way things are going it could be Ayr v Killie in the SPFL Championship

On 17/02/2021 at 22:59, D'Jaffo said:

There was zero point in us keeping him. He’s doing well in Hamilton’s team so fair play to him. We’re really not the first club that a player has been poor at and good at another.

Exactly, I can't recall many on here complaining or being totally surprised when we punted Anderson back to Aberdeen.

Don't get me wrong, there's definitely a player in there but for whatever reason we weren't seeing that, so better we got rid and let us get someone in who'll benefit our team.

On 18/02/2021 at 13:38, Thereisalight.. said:

In the beginning I felt like that. It was great to have us back playing but the novelty has well and truly worn off for me. Don’t know if it’s because performances haven’t been the best, or that I’m comparing it to a normal match day and missing the build up and aftermath of that. Honestly think it hasn’t helped that it’s the 1st season without my Dad to talk about the games with. I think if I still had the game to look forward to “in person” rather than through a stream I’d  feel differently. Just hope I’ll regain interest and passion for it ASAP 

Keep the head up it won't last forever and remember everyone (to varying degrees) is feeling pretty much the same way, so you're not alone.

Some of us might talk a good game but the reality is that this is new for everyone, it's depressing for everyone and nobody, despite what some may say, will be really enjoying life just now, that's for sure.

As I say, it's been a tough year but it wont last forever and we'll all get back to Somerset and some sort of normality soon.

Be interesting to see what the new chairman does about this situation. It’s not looking good. Confidence in the management team must be low! We’re a poor poor team that is grossly underachieving at the moment and that firmly is the fault of the management team. 

Be interesting to see what the new chairman does about this situation. It’s not looking good. Confidence in the management team must be low! We’re a poor poor team that is grossly underachieving at the moment and that firmly is the fault of the management team. 

Firmly the fault of the management team AND the players on the pitch.

We aren’t a poor team, this is a good squad. 
something isn’t working, Kerr was given a chance to change it in January and enhanced the squad. 
still making the same mistakes, still getting the same results and still dreadful to watch

Can blame a number of factors today but we could have lost this game on a nice afternoon in August.

This isn’t the worst Ayr team I have ever seen but it is getting the same results as the worst Ayr teams.

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We aren’t a poor team, this is a good squad. 
something isn’t working, Kerr was given a chance to change it in January and enhanced the squad. 
still making the same mistakes, still getting the same results and still dreadful to watch

Can blame a number of factors today but we could have lost this game on a nice afternoon in August.

This isn’t the worst Ayr team I have ever seen but it is getting the same results as the worst Ayr teams.

Everything this season is all just a bit too samesy.

And the reasons we trot out to excuse it are wearing thin.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

I’m sure Robbo will be on to defend him, but this is really close to being a step too far for Kerr for me. Think he will get to end of the season but I really can’t see how it would be justified giving him another contract as with the squad he’s got this is pretty abysmal.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m sure Robbo will be on to defend him, but this is really close to being a step too far for Kerr for me. Think he will get to end of the season but I really can’t see how it would be justified giving him another contract as with the squad he’s got this is pretty abysmal.

Yeah it’s hard to justify a contract extension unless there is a marked improvement in performances.  It may not be an excuse to sack him if he was still in contract, but it’s hardly deserving of a new deal.  There would have to be a massive improvement in performances and results for that to be justified. 

I do feel sorry for him, this season has thrown up lots of challenges but it’s the same for every team and it’s hard to see where the necessary wins will come from based on these performances.