The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I never realised there was a section of our support who despised Sheerin. I thought he was an absolute baller.
I thought Aitken was a good footballer too but the expectations placed upon him were possibly a bit much.

What an absolute riddy though thinking a player is a "coward" because he doesn't smash c***s. Deary me.

2 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

I thought Aitken was a good footballer too but the expectations placed upon him were possibly a bit much.

Yeah, the thing with Aitken is you build your team round him. I think that's what Stirling did and he was very good for them. Even in the league above us at the time. 

Its sort of similar to Trouten to a degree, a great player if you build your team round him at Ayr he was never the main man.

19 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I used to love when folk were complaining at Aitken and he wasn't even playing. 

Can remember this happening on quite a few occasions from different people in the SRE, before I started standing on the North Terrace when shooting at the railway end. Best one for me was Stevo making a total mess of long pass and someone having a go at Aitken for it. Agree he was the wrong player at the wrong time, would have flourished if we had played a style of football similar to what McCall brought in. 

Wee bit in the Ayr Advertiser that Kerr may still look to bring another player in should the right person become available. He may have been talking about McGavin but he does make mention that free agents and loans can be completed until the end of February so something may still happen.

From today's interview in the Times with new Ayr United Chairman David Smith:-

It is a labour of love for Smith, but it is also a business project. Ask him what he expects Ayr United to look like in a decade, and he replies: “Please don’t underestimate my ambition. I didn’t take this role just to sit in the directors’ box and have a beer. That’s not my style. I like to build things. I want Ayr United to be in the Premiership. And I’d be disappointed if it took ten years to get there.”

People might think I’m mad, says new Ayr owner David Smith | Scotland | The Times