The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Was there ever a reason why he we didn't sign him last time round? The 3 Ipswich players came up and he left quite soon after. 

If he makes the same impact as Ndaba has, we should all be very satisfied with this window. 

Last season we had Kerr playing regularly,  doc and Kelly  who were demanded playing time and we couldn’t guarantee him game time is the reason I imagine he wasn’t signed. We also signed that donkey from Ireland (can’t remember his name) 

24 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Last season we had Kerr playing regularly,  doc and Kelly  who were demanded playing time and we couldn’t guarantee him game time is the reason I imagine he wasn’t signed. We also signed that donkey from Ireland (can’t remember his name) 

You are totally correct in your assumption, at the time it was thought like you say he would get very little playing time due to the 3 players you mentioned and he would be better playing with Ipswich U21/23 side , I remember at the time Kerr saying that he showed up very well in training but that position was not one we were concerned about at that time 

Probably the best winter window we’ve had in many years . The Chairman has put his money where his mouth is and Mark has used his contacts to find the lads .  So a couple of weeks ago the world was ending , now four points from six three new players from down south and our best player extends .  Keep the faith fella’s .....

48 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Will Kerr let anyone go this window permanently or o. Loan?

Would say very unlikely with no lower league clubs looking likely to be playing any football until March , we still only have a squad of around 18/20 

Given that, globally, the January window this year has been quite meagre and based on loans (even at the top level leagues), I think we can be quite happy with the 3 signings and extension for Smith.

I was bit critical of Kerr a few weeks ago, perhaps that was knee jerk. While there's still quite a bit of work to be done I think the last two games have been an improvement and it's good see Kerr is bringing in players in areas that need strengthening.

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Not sure we will get another in, hopefully if we don’t sign anyone then Mckenzie kicks on a bit

Yeah, I'd rather we gave Mckenzie a try up front than Zanatta. Kerr seems to fancy McKenzie as a winger though. 

Priority for me is to get Luke signed up.

I'd be delighted if we bring one more in as well but our squad is looking a lot better than 2 weeks ago. Ndaba is something else, very composed for 21. Love his attitude as well when he said he'd play in nets if the manager wanted him to. Guy just wants to play.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, I'd rather we gave Mckenzie a try up front than Zanatta. Kerr seems to fancy McKenzie as a winger though. 

Priority for me is to get Luke signed up.

I'd be delighted if we bring one more in as well but our squad is looking a lot better than 2 weeks ago. Ndaba is something else, very composed for 21. Love his attitude as well when he said he'd play in nets if the manager wanted him to. Guy just wants to play.

I liked the way he burst through the lines and took players on. Don’t get many centre backs (makeshift left back) that can do that. Really liked the look of Wright too, just need him to stay fit

16 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

Will Kerr let anyone go this window permanently or o. Loan?

Probably need to wait and see if the L1 & 2 start up again this month. Would assume they are really the most viable destinations for our young players this season, like Finn and Gabe at Albion.