The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I think I’d said before, but a higher position in the stand might help with the view of the pitch, but I understand the support beams might be an issue

Beams but more importantly roof (? from memory you can barely see the far touchline from a camera at the back of the main stand) plus having to give up seats. The pixellot camera is close to the best view of Somerset and it/similar will no doubt supplant a manned central camera.

33 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I assume the set up and some sort of rules would prevent using the gantry that the bbc use next to the hospitality suite?

Yes.

34 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I didn’t get motion sickness every time there was an exchange of possession the midfield

Sadly, being so low and close to to the pitch means some of this is inevitable - you need to pan quickly. At e.g. Easter Road or Firhill it is much easier to do the slow-moving/wide-view thing people expect when watching football.

Sadly, being so low and close to to the pitch means some of this is inevitable - you need to pan quickly. At e.g. Easter Road or Firhill it is much easier to do the slow-moving/wide-view thing people expect when watching football.

Hadn’t thought of that, been a long time since I watched a game from the main stand. I think McGinley was still playing back then...

Well i was certainly pleasantly surprised and encouraged by what i saw today, part of me doesn't want to get carried away since that was against Alloa however as i said in match thread i've seen worse teams rock up to Somerset this season and we've only scraped away with a point. I honestly think if we can play like that on a continual basis and keep everyone fit (Front 4 especially), big ask i know, then we can finish top 4 this season, maybe even 3rd. Cause you look at likes of Dunfermline, Dundee and Morton who i'd say are main protagonist just now behind Hearts and Raith, we can match everyone one of them at least. 

Anyway maybe not the best time to get carried away when the next game is Hearts lol, however don't think we've got much to be scared of with Dundee and Raith after that. Encouraging to hear more bodies may be coming in the door, wild punt but Blair Alston on loan  from Falkirk while league one continues to be in cold storage could be a shout, would solve the lack of depth in CM with Miller at RB. In an ideal world i'd prefer us to be able to get Houston up and firing at RB to allow Miller into CM but can't see that happening.

On Luke McCowan i thought his contract wasn't up until 2022, maybe getting mixed up with Houston. His performance today will have caught a few eyes no doubt, wouldn't be surprised if likes of St Mirren/Hamilton/Livi would be thinking of making moves for him. Transfermarkt has his contract as expring in May and market value as £270k, would be a handy sum to have, same old question back to 'that' season with McCall in this league, do you cash in on best players halfway during the season and threat to derail promotion possibiliy? Next few days may be busy ones!!! 

Goodnight Honest Men and Bonnie Lassies

Image may contain: people playing sport, night and outdoor

The result yesterday made last nights Stella taste all the sweeter . After the Alloa goal they wobbled but only for a minute . Aero and Bairdy steadied the ship with some fearsome challenges and the team grew from there . Walsh was superb , but they all were . Well done boys , that was just what the doctor ordered .

Icing on the cake was that the Chairman has backed Kerr again to go into the market and get two more players . We are breaking new ground on all fronts . The Chairman could have given us the Covid is killing our finances line ,but no he’s back8ng the manager . We are so lucky . Some of our rivals won’t be doing much in the market so this gives us a chance to pull away from them and chase after the group in the play off slots . 

Does anybody have any clues on the irons in the fire ? There has been a few managerial changes so certain players may fall out the plans .  I would definitely like a Jamie Adams type brute in midfield and perhaps a goal scorer , Billy McKay isnt playing much at County  or some cover for Wright , if McKenzie isn’t ready .

6 minutes ago, North British said:

The result yesterday made last nights Stella taste all the sweeter . After the Alloa goal they wobbled but only for a minute . Aero and Bairdy steadied the ship with some fearsome challenges and the team grew from there . Walsh was superb , but they all were . Well done boys , that was just what the doctor ordered .

Icing on the cake was that the Chairman has backed Kerr again to go into the market and get two more players . We are breaking new ground on all fronts . The Chairman could have given us the Covid is killing our finances line ,but no he’s back8ng the manager . We are so lucky . Some of our rivals won’t be doing much in the market so this gives us a chance to pull away from them and chase after the group in the play off slots . 

Does anybody have any clues on the irons in the fire ? There has been a few managerial changes so certain players may fall out the plans .  I would definitely like a Jamie Adams type brute in midfield and perhaps a goal scorer , Billy McKay isnt playing much at County  or some cover for Wright , if McKenzie isn’t ready .

Mark Kerr seems to pull players who are completely left field so s we go knows! I would like another striker in and a cm destroyer type

Highlights in black and white TV also buffering a lot. Still a little disappointed that these aren't getting uploaded to YouTube tbh, should be keeping these easily available to gain maximum interest from folk who don't usually attend games instead of making highlights exclusive

13 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Highlights in black and white TV also buffering a lot. Still a little disappointed that these aren't getting uploaded to YouTube tbh, should be keeping these easily available to gain maximum interest from folk who don't usually attend games instead of making highlights exclusive

Contact the email address given on site and the guys will look into it , they tend not to be on this forum , I had an issue with IPhone and they got it fixed for me , now on an IPad and iPhone 10 and have no issues with highlights 

6 hours ago, North British said:

If you need a striker then Callum Hendry is available on loan.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Doubt it now that we’ve signed Dre Wright.

Any defensive midfielders would be welcome though.

Bit short of those, but apparently signing Charlie Gilmour so Bryson might end up free.

Bit short of those, but apparently signing Charlie Gilmour so Bryson might end up free.

Any midfielder with a bit of pace and stamina would do. Bit of height wouldn't go amiss either.

That’s a hard no to Craig Bryson then.

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Even if they put the goals onto the YouTube channel and then had the extended highlights on B&W TV it wouldn’t be so bad.

Putting everything behind a paywall just feels like a huge step backwards.

Well out of the habit of watching Ayr in any form now. 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:
13 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
Well out of the habit of watching Ayr in any form now. 

Not watching on Friday then?

I'll be earning on Friday. 

7 minutes ago, North British said:

Ross County have punted Ross Stewart to Sunderland for £300k , I wonder if there planning spending some of that on Luke ?

Are there teams watching Luke or is it just speculation on here ?  as I said last night, this is all news to me as I assumed Luke is in the same situation to Walsh, Smith etc, so don't really understand all the speculation surrounding his future all of a sudden ??

As for us bringing in up to two new players, personally I'd prefer us to try and tie down the likes of McCowan, Smith and Walsh on 18 months - 2 year deals as these are the sort of guys that you can really build a team around.