The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I thought it looked better when I was testing it as well., Nobody said anything about new cameras or anything like that though.  Might just simply be less people on.  

Frame rate was smooth and stable, and the camera work was steady and less jittery.

Really enjoyed the coverage today. 

I’m liking Wright and Ndaba so far. They’ve brought a lot more physicality to this team and aren’t afraid to put themselves about a bit.

I agree that another central midfielder in the same mould would be useful to play alongside Murdoch.

36 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m liking Wright and Ndaba so far. They’ve brought a lot more physicality to this team and aren’t afraid to put themselves about a bit.

I agree that another central midfielder in the same mould would be useful to play alongside Murdoch.

In his interview tonight he mentions the potential to bring in 1 or 2 new signings,  board have advised him funds are there , he says only cross border signings finish this week but free agents and players currently playing in Scotland are available to sign until end of February 

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

In his interview tonight he mentions the potential to bring in 1 or 2 new signings,  board have advised him funds are there , he says only cross border signings finish this week but free agents and players currently playing in Scotland are available to sign until end of February 

Someone on the match thread mentioned something about McCowan potentially leaving within 48 hrs if not signing a new deal ?

Have I missed something ??

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Someone on the match thread mentioned something about McCowan potentially leaving within 48 hrs if not signing a new deal ?

Have I missed something ??

David Smith did say we need to start cashing in on players rather than losing players for free. If he’s not signing a new contract and someone’s offered cash to take him just now they might just sell. 

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

David Smith did say we need to start cashing in on players rather than losing players for free. If he’s not signing a new contract and someone’s offered cash to take him just now they might just sell. 

Even if he was to stay until the summer would we not still be due a development fee if he chose to walk ??

2 potential signings is enough to keep me excited for deadline day.

As much as football is all about the moment I’d rather cash was saved for the summer. We aren’t going down or up and it’s a  different league with covid so just consolidate and have more for ready for next season 
Higher up we finish the more prize money we get and the more attractive we'll be for players joining next season, as well as season tickets etc if there's a good buzz around the place, so...

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Anyone been able to watch interview? Mine constantly freezing. Much being said about potential incomings?

Worked ok for me , he said new owner and board said funds available if he needs anyone to improve the team/squad , mentioned irons in fire but nothing done yet , has to end of February to sign free agents or players currently playing in Scotland , only cross border signings end this weekend 

Worked ok for me , he said new owner and board said funds available if he needs anyone to improve the team/squad , mentioned irons in fire but nothing done yet , has to end of February to sign free agents or players currently playing in Scotland , only cross border signings end this weekend 

You heard anything about signings?

7 hours ago, super_carson said:

Has there been an upgrade for the streaming? Camera work and picture quality look much better today.

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I thought it looked better when I was testing it as well., Nobody said anything about new cameras or anything like that though.  Might just simply be less people on.  

2 hours ago, super_carson said:

Frame rate was smooth and stable, and the camera work was steady and less jittery.Really enjoyed the coverage today. 

That is all good to hear but is, frankly, baffling! No new cameras, no changes to the streaming setup (as far as I know - and there are definite improvements to be made there). Bit in bold shouldn't matter but does seem to... The light was a real pain in the first half and then a real pleasure when the floodlights came on in the secondhalf, literally the Golden Hour for filming. Camerawork was the usual ham-fisted fumblings.

Camerawork was the usual ham-fisted fumblings.

I thought the camera work was an improvement, especially in the first half. I didn’t get motion sickness every time there was an exchange of possession the midfield. It got a bit more frantic in the second half but steadied after.

I think I’d said before, but a higher position in the stand might help with the view of the pitch, but I understand the support beams might be an issue. I assume the set up and some sort of rules would prevent using the gantry that the bbc use next to the hospitality suite?