The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Was reading somewhere on twitter from someone who's connected to sports journalism that if Shankland was to be sold for £1m or over we'd be entitled to 5% of that, unsure if A) It's true and B) If it would perhaps be some form of gratitude fee McCall got tagged on for us., similar to Rose.

Anyway i doubt he'd go for a million, wouldn't be surprised if Aberdeen go for him if they lose Cosgrove.

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. But why are Dunfermline widely accepted as givens for the top 3 and we aren't even mentioned in the same conversation? 

We've won one game since November's win against Hearts and that was 91st minute winner at home to Arbroath.

I can't see us making the play-offs unless there's a turn around in the way we approach games. Far too defensive minded. I thought Ayr players looked more comfortable on the ball than us last week. Our good start is the reason we somehow still sit in second place.

5 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

We've won one game since November's win against Hearts and that was 91st minute winner at home to Arbroath.

I can't see us making the play-offs unless there's a turn around in the way we approach games. Far too defensive minded. I thought Ayr players looked more comfortable on the ball than us last week. Our good start is the reason we somehow still sit in second place.

Sounds familiar, don't be surprised if you continue your form but somehow still find your self in the top four come end of season. Also called doing an Ayr.

48 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

16 goals in last 91 appearances, certainly not the prolific scorer from his Hibernian days , I can just imagine what Ayr fans would say if we signed a forward with that record ?

....he also had "fitness issues" while at Shrewsbury. No thanks. Got a few of those masel 😜

Do you think we’re likely to see us bring in anyone else before Monday’s deadline? Ideally I’d like to see another striker brought in and a centre midfielder. 

I’ve a feeling that’s us done just now. I agree that I think we need another midfielder but it’s all been pretty quiet on the rumour front.

McDaid to thistle is a strange one, I'd say league one is his level and McCall will know this. He is out of contract at the end of the season so presumably, much like the Smith deal, He'll be a thistle player next season. Unless McCall knows he isn't going up and will have a reasonably decent league one winger for the next 18 months. 

Or maybe the player has realised that he isn't going to be the next Ronaldo. 

McDaid to thistle is a strange one, I'd say league one is his level and McCall will know this. He is out of contract at the end of the season so presumably, much like the Smith deal, He'll be a thistle player next season. Unless McCall knows he isn't going up and will have a reasonably decent league one winger for the next 18 months. 
Or maybe the player has realised that he isn't going to be the next Ronaldo. 
Yeah he's definitely found his level. When he can be bothered he's a useful player to have. Sadly he definitely cares more about his image than progressing as a footballer.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve a feeling that’s us done just now. I agree that I think we need another midfielder but it’s all been pretty quiet on the rumour front.

You could be right but the Andre Wright deal came about all of sudden so I’m hoping something similar happens before Monday. Jordan White has signed for County and Jack Hamilton has signed for Arbroath so we can rule them out. 

You could be right but the Andre Wright deal came about all of sudden so I’m hoping something similar happens before Monday. Jordan White has signed for County and Jack Hamilton has signed for Arbroath so we can rule them out. 
A cheeky loan maybe?

Could really do with another centre mid.

42 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Maybe Hughes doesn't fancy having Kelly on loan at county.... 

Has been an unused sub in the last couple of games....

Could be a game changer if we could pull that off, ambitious in an understatement though i fear.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

A cheeky loan maybe?

Could really do with another centre mid.

I had hoped Robbie Crawford on loan could have been a possibility cause he wasn't playing for Motherwell under Robinson however he's starting every game for them now so that'll not be happening unfortunately.

Think our business will be done tbh, 3 signings already including Smith until end of season, is pretty decent business for us going by January standards, think a 4th would be asking a bit too much at these times with no real income.

Makes you wonder how Dundee can all of a sudden afford to sign Cummings and now may be getting Kyle Lafferty and Joe Ledley allegedly, anyone doing checks on how these Government £500k loans are being spent?........

Edited by rb123!

29 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Could be a game changer if we could pull that off, ambitious in an understatement though i fear.

I had hoped Robbie Crawford on loan could have been a possibility cause he wasn't playing for Motherwell under Robinson however he's starting every game for them now so that'll not be happening unfortunately.

Think our business will be done tbh, 3 signings already including Smith until end of season, is pretty decent business for us going by January standards, think a 4th would be asking a bit too much at these times with no real income.

Makes you wonder how Dundee can all of a sudden afford to sign Cummings and now may be getting Kyle Lafferty and Joe Ledley allegedly, anyone doing checks on how these Government £500k loans are being spent?........

It's a grant and not a loan at championship level as are league 1 and 2 . Top league is where its a loan 

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Dundee insured themselves against loss of earnings type thing and led to believe they have won the insurance claim snd will be due a real hefty amount of money 

Would be great if we could bring Kelly back , however we have Smith playing in that slot now , if you were looking to focus on an area of weakness it wouldn’t be in the front third . It’s more lightly to be central midfield . We have Kerr covering the two regular boys so I think we’ll just soldier on with what we have . Only 15 games to go plus cup ties ,if they go ahead . I think the plan will be to plough on and net as much prize money as we can . Number one target will be stay in the Championship . 

Next season is a different matter , we could be looking at Hamilton and County instead of Hearts and Dundee . That would be a much more balanced playing field . That being the case we must get our shit in a pile from day one (May) . It would be a clean slate for our new owner , hopefully more of his ideas will be implemented . Maybe two or three players that are better than anything we have could be brought in . A general raising of the bar . Hopefully the fans will be back and we can all enjoy a season where the club are well prepared and the fans can get the scarfs looked out and enjoy some proper Saturdays , like we used to . We’ll never be out and out favourites for winning this league ,but if we can be the best Ayr United possible then a title chasing campaign isn’t out the question . 

As individuals, and a football team, we needed that today. We built on a decent performance last week and looked relatively comfortable when we got to 4-1. Hard game on Friday, but that result today was massive. COYA!

3 hours ago, super_carson said:

Has there been an upgrade for the streaming? Camera work and picture quality look much better today.

I thought it looked better when I was testing it as well., Nobody said anything about new cameras or anything like that though.  Might just simply be less people on.