The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The only thing about Dundee United staying in the league would mean you would have them, Inverness, Ross County and Partick Thistle potentially.

That's 4 extremely big teams for that league and would probably be your top four.

Then we'll have the likes of Falkirk and Morton who are probably going to want to improve on last season.

Never been to Dundee United though so would like to go there.

31 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The only thing about Dundee United staying in the league would mean you would have them, Inverness, Ross County and Partick Thistle potentially.

That's 4 extremely big teams for that league and would probably be your top four.

Then we'll have the likes of Falkirk and Morton who are probably going to want to improve on last season.

It doesn't matter what teams are in the league next season, we will be doing well if we can avoid the drop and stay in it.  

I would expect Thistle to beat both of these side tbh

3 hours ago, Calayrdonia said:

Yeah it is a better away day. I’m personally just thinking that Livvy is a bit closer so would favour that since Ross County and ICT will be brutal long journeys as it is. Plus Livvy should be easier to get a result against you would think although not so sure after this season...

Its only a two day walk up there 

I'm expecting Livingston to finish the job against Dundee Utd and it wouldn't surprise me to see them beat Partick in the final. 

The way they play is so aggressive and gives the opposition very little time on the ball. I don't think they get enough credit for the football they play though. Out of Livi and Dundee Utd i'd prefer it if Livi stayed down. They are likely to lose their best players and potentially Hopkin meaning they won't be half as good next season. Tannadice is a decent away day but I'd rather keep the teams that we'll have the best chance against.  

Someone on the Queen Of The South thread says we're interested in Jordan Marshall who rejected a new contract from them. A 21 year old Left Back who has been a regular starter in their team over the past 3 seasons.

Edited by ayrunitedfw

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Someone on the Queen Of The South thread says we're interested in Jordan Marshall who rejected a new contract from them. A 21 year old Left Back who has been a regular starter in their team over the past 3 seasons.

Rated quite highly I think.

Well he's decent on my FM 18 save so that's good enough for me.

Just now, rb123! said:

Ffs emoji23.png

To be honest I managed to sign Boyle for Ayr a few years ago before he actually moved and we won League 1. Also signed Martin Grehan and John Gemmell but the less said about them the better.

Just now, Mod1967 said:

Did someone on this thread call Inverness and Ross County "extremely big teams" jesus really ?

To be fair both of them have had success in recent years and were established in the Premiership. They are not "massive" like Hibs or Hearts but they're big compared to Championship clubs like Livi and QoTS.

Think rb123 also meant massive as in they'd be two of the favourites and better teams in the league next season.

Well run possibly, grant funded and sugar daddy backed perhaps but big clubs they certainly ain't, McCall was bang on about not fearing clubs in this league, but it appears some fans are already slipping into the "we'll do well to stay up" nonsense. Sign Shankland(big ask) and some decent defenders and there's no reason we cant make play offs, watched an average but well drilled aggressive team last night who look to be very close to a 2 leg SPL play off BTW they have a home support of 600/700 tops !!! 

7 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Well run possibly, grant funded and sugar daddy backed perhaps but big clubs they certainly ain't, McCall was bang on about not fearing clubs in this league, but it appears some fans are already slipping into the "we'll do well to stay up" nonsense. Sign Shankland(big ask) and some decent defenders and there's no reason we cant make play offs, watched an average but well drilled aggressive team last night who look to be very close to a 2 leg SPL play off BTW they have a home support of 600/700 tops !!! 

We will be doing well to stay up. That would be a successful season in my book. Livi aren't bang average. They finished runners up ahead of Dunfermline and Dundee Utd with a presumably smaller budget. They have good players though and their style of play causes teams problems. 

I like McCalls ambitions for the play offs but I won't be disappointed with an 8th place finish. 

In terms of Ross County and Inverness I was referring to them as big teams since they've both been in and around the premiership for a while.

In terms of fan base though, no they're not any bigger than us.

Staying up next season should be the only priority for us. That would provide a solid foundation to build on and slowly establish us as a Championship team which in turn would let us gradually increase the quality of the squad as we go. 

Of course don’t fear teams but we need to be sensible and plan right now. It was the massive lack of squad quality that done us last time and we need to make sure that doesn’t happen again.

27 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

We're a newly promoted club, of course the target is to stay up. If we achieve better than that then great.