The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, North British said:

I would say league of Ireland is about the standard of our Scottish league one . So it a bit like pulling  someone from Airdrie , which we’ve done many times .  At 24 he has still to peak , let’s hope it works . Kerr safer bet would have been White , however maybe his contacts down south have tipped him the nod . Hopefully this works . 

So it’s two and two in . Our pool size stays stays the same . Must get at least three points in our next two games . 

Was White ever available for transfer ? I would say not as new manager will want to give everyone their chance you would think , snd I would rather have a player looking for a contract than one who knows no matter what happens at Ayr he would be going back to own club at end of season 

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I have no idea of the standard of the League of Ireland but he was in team of the season so has clearly got something about him. 

The only problem is we have our hard core of fans who don’t want people they have not heard and will be happy to see them fail so they can say “ I told you that “ majority of fans will judge them after seeing what they bring to team 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

The only problem is we have our hard core of fans who don’t want people they have not heard and will be happy to see them fail so they can say “ I told you that “ majority of fans will judge them after seeing what they bring to team 

I’m wondering if it could also be a recommendation from Cammy Smith as he was on loan at Dundalk so may have played against him or at least been aware of him 

Were you not having a real go at people for suggesting his jacket was on a shoogly peg just a couple of weeks ago?
No, not at all.

I was having a go for people saying he should be punted.

There's a big difference between those two positions, as imo kerr has struggled to impress from the beginning. I've always felt he deserved a decent crack but at some point the pressure really starts to come on.

And then add in the few weeks since we've said that.

For me, the signing window was always going to be crucial, but as the goals have settled up and the strikers we had have left - i think it's fair to say this is a vital signing for him.

If it doesn't work out and we continue to slide (even if we survive relegation), there's a good chance we could be looking for a new manager. Kerr couldn't complain about a lack of time in that instance.

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The level we are at, it would be easy to join the merry-go-round of signing the same players everyone else signed, When we were looking for a forward before and it was between Shankland, McHugh, El  Aalagui and someone else, and 4 clubs were in the market, rather than look to a different market we got landed with the worst of the bunch. 

Cameron going to Alloa is an example, Anderson at Dunfermline. I'd rather we unearth a gem form outwith the usual market every year. 

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Save us Andre!

142176841_2122710957861181_7067740162822083076_n.jpg

And in that group are 5 teams who have failed to beat us this season , that’s why it’s better to look at points totals at end of season , leagues are not decided over 6 games , along with  4 of those games were away from home , 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

And in that group are 5 teams who have failed to beat us this season , that’s why it’s better to look at points totals at end of season , leagues are not decided over 6 games 

Form is rotten and has been for longer than six games, if it doesn't pick up that table might not look so different come season end.

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Form is rotten and has been for longer than six games, if it doesn't pick up that table might not look so different come season end.

Good to see you being as positive as ever , league shows even though we are going through a tough spell we are still above 4 teams , signed a new defender and attacker to help us improve , there is no way Ayr will be in a relegation place at end of  season ,  if they are  I will donate £50 to a charity of your choice 

Edited by Robbo63

16 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

And in that group are 5 teams who have failed to beat us this season , that’s why it’s better to look at points totals at end of season , leagues are not decided over 6 games , along with  4 of those games were away from home , 

There is no way to justify that being remotely good enough. Our points total over the season isn’t very good either. 

In terms of above four teams, Inverness have three games in hand on us and are two points behind. It’s no great success to be above the other three. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Good to see you being as positive as ever 

It’s true though but I’m not saying we won’t improve. I think Kerr needs to pick a starting 11 and just stick with it. The back 4 that played yesterday should keep their places for a wee while to see how they get on. Similarly I’d keep the same supporting 3 of Walsh, Smith and McCowan behind Wright. Obviously every week we’ve had underperforming players but there’s more merit in letting a settled team gel together rather than chopping and changing.

So there is a few on here pretty unhappy with Mark Kerr . Ayr are sitting 6 points of both play offs and still in Scottish Cup with a pretty favourable draw . The next three months will tell us much about his long term prospects with us . Clearly mistakes were made in the summer , particularly with Anderson but also with the now famous Ayr United last minute transfer plan . Waiting till the 11th hour is a big gamble , worked with Smith but didn’t with Anderson and Cameron . The Dunfermline model stands a much better chance of success , go early and grab what you can , steer clear of loans if you can .

So back to Kerr , his contract is up in June , Only relegation would tempt  chairman to unload him and even that would only be a 50/50 . I fully expect us to stay in the Championship, and if this boy Wright does the business a late charge for a play off place isn’t out the question . A nice money spinning cup run would be the icing on the cake . However the plan for next season must be more robust ,less winging it in the transfer market . I expect the new owner will raise the bar a bit next season . Hopefully the Hub will be open as well as the stadium and we can get back to cheering on Kerr and his team in this new era for Ayr United ....... 

Can understand him not trusting Houston don’t know what’s happened to him  I liked him and I don’t accept it’s fitness, just seems to snatch at things  lost all confidence not half the player of last season.

Reading I thought has been decent and I don’t know why he’s not tried him as a wing back, which is where he was being played in the Scotland u 21 team surely worth a punt.

Zanatta for me has been the biggest disappointment I’ve seen this boy tear teams apart including us but like Houston not half the player of last season, this boy will wake up when he’s in the juniors which is where he’s headed and will be a crying shame of underachievement considering the pace and talent he has.

Were we in for Jordan White or did someone just make it up?  I think it was made up.  

Pretty clear Kerr's recruitment strategy is largely left field signings and not boys just doing the rounds.  

I think we could still do with one more body in midfield, we are one injury or suspension from Kerr playing or rejigging the defence.  Personally I'm fine with Kerr playing but I know he is not. 

58 minutes ago, rb123! said:

With us having the reputation under Kerr of keeping transfers top secret this one has gone to the other end of the spectrum and ended up being the biggest leak and worst kept secret ever lol

That’s down to him not having a club , Ayr always agree with selling club to keep under wraps to he has announced the signing , with Wright having no club his agent could not wait to let people know he got his client a club , nothing club could do unfortunately 

Just now, Robbo63 said:

That’s down to him not having a club , Ayr always agree with selling club to keep under wraps to he has announced the signing , with Wright having no club his agent could not wait to let people know he got his client a club , nothing club could do unfortunately 

There's levels to the leaks though, people still know some of the signings in advance, just we seem to be telling the right people who don't announce it. 

Lots of our so called "fans" seem to take great delight in seeing us struggle and are quick to point out every negative, perceived negative and even try and turn positives into negatives !!

Why ??

We all totally get that we're not playing well and aren't getting the results which we want, but we're hardly down and out and staring relegation in the face just yet and nor do I expect us to be.

Let's take some positives for a change, we've just gone to EEP, taken a point and never looked like we were going to lose, the following day we're announcing the signing of a new Centre forward who would appear to tick all the boxes and is rated one of the best strikers in the Irish league, yet some are already writing him off as "not good enough", honestly, it's unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Lots of our so called "fans" seem to take great delight in seeing us struggle and are quick to point out every negative, perceived negative and even try and turn positives into negatives !!

Why ??

We all totally get that we're not playing well and aren't getting the results which we want, but we're hardly down and out and staring relegation in the face just yet and nor do I expect us to be.

Let's take some positives for a change, we've just gone to EEP, taken a point and never looked like we were going to lose, the following day we're announcing the signing of a new Centre forward who would appear to tick all the boxes and is rated one of the best strikers in the Irish league, yet some are already writing him off as "not good enough", honestly, it's unbelievable.

Very true 

Were we in for Jordan White or did someone just make it up?  I think it was made up.  
Pretty clear Kerr's recruitment strategy is largely left field signings and not boys just doing the rounds.  
I think we could still do with one more body in midfield, we are one injury or suspension from Kerr playing or rejigging the defence.  Personally I'm fine with Kerr playing but I know he is not. 

I think Kerr saying a striker is coming in imminently and White being left out the Motherwell squad had a few, myself included, putting 2 and 2 together.