The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Kinda surprised that it has been announced via the media and not by the twitter account! I also thought it was strange that we never announced Cameron leaving

thought that letting the media know who was signing before we announced it was done with after McCall left

Edited by ryanayr1987

Kinda surprised that it has been announced via the media and not by the twitter account! I also thought it was strange that we never announced Cameron leaving 

It’s just a Scott Burns exclusive right now. I’m sure the club will announce it once they’ve got the pictures and interview completed. Might not be until tomorrow if that’s the case.

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

thought that letting the media know who was signing before we announced it was done with after McCall left

Seemingly it’s his agent that is releasing messages at moment , Ayr have not officially released anything to press , training session only just completed , might get something from club now the management team are available 

Edited by Robbo63

23 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s just a Scott Burns exclusive right now. I’m sure the club will announce it once they’ve got the pictures and interview completed. Might not be until tomorrow if that’s the case.

Scott Burns is a nightmare for ferreting information out from somewhere before clubs are in a position to announce anything officially. Unlike most his hit rate is almost 100% too. He's doing the job he's paid for but it's very frustrating. He must have a direct source for just about every agent in the country. He announced 6 of our 7 summer signings before the club did and the one he didn't get (Rhys McCabe) was literally only agreed the night before the first day of training.

23 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Seemingly it’s his agent that is releasing messages at moment , Ayr have not officially released anything to press , training session only just completed , might get something from club now the management team are available 

Have you seen or heard of any other new faces in and around the club? 

Edited by ryanayr1987

This guy was training with killie and has either chosen us over them or wasn't deemed worthy of a deal at Killie which wouldn't fill me with confidence. 

Had a good goal record at last club but before that he'd hardly scored any goals, bit of a gamble IMO

17 minutes ago, rb123! said:

This guy was training with killie and has either chosen us over them or wasn't deemed worthy of a deal at Killie which wouldn't fill me with confidence. 

Had a good goal record at last club but before that he'd hardly scored any goals, bit of a gamble IMO

The majority of players at our level weren’t or aren’t deemed worthy of those in the top flight! 

37 minutes ago, rb123! said:

What’s too say he is only  Championship level player and not Premiership like  many decent players , normally player signings  go on how they are performing recently not how the played  3/4 years ago , you don’t want White your don’t seem to keen on Wright , just realistically who do you think is out there available that our management team could get , players need to be available to sign , not many teams doing the normal January clear outs due to availability of players out there along with cash shortages at most clubs , every signing is a gamble at any club ,  Kelly, Doohan, Rose, Harvie, Shankland were some gambles for  us and  turned out pretty fine  

Edited by Robbo63

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

have no idea of the standard of the League of Ireland but he was in team of the season so has clearly got something about him

I would say league of Ireland is about the standard of our Scottish league one . So it a bit like pulling  someone from Airdrie , which we’ve done many times .  At 24 he has still to peak , let’s hope it works . Kerr safer bet would have been White , however maybe his contacts down south have tipped him the nod . Hopefully this works . 

So it’s two and two in . Our pool size stays stays the same . Must get at least three points in our next two games .