The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just had a look at the table, didn’t realise it was as grim. Raith will be 4 points in front in 4th with 3 games in hand. QOS now equal points and ICT now 2 points behind us with 3 games in hand. 7th or 8th place looking likely on this kind of form. 

12 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Just had a look at the table, didn’t realise it was as grim. Raith will be 4 points in front in 4th with 3 games in hand. QOS now equal points and ICT now 2 points behind us with 3 games in hand. 7th or 8th place looking likely on this kind of form. 

I think things are turning for us. I thought we did ok today and if we get a focal point we will be much more competitive. I find it strange that Mckenzie never got minutes today. Last time we saw him he did make a difference and could have got us up the pitch and caused problems 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I think things are turning for us. I thought we did ok today and if we get a focal point we will be much more competitive. I find it strange that Mckenzie never got minutes today. Last time we saw him he did make a difference and could have got us up the pitch and caused problems 

Any team that struggles to score goals to the extent we do is going to find itself in a relegation battle.  Can only hope that there is indeed a striker on the way.  

I’d keep the back 4 that played today for the next few weeks. I thought they all looked assured today albeit the full backs don’t offer a whole lot going forward.

The front four that played are very capable of keeping possession in the attacking third but they aren’t being direct enough.

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Think he’s the style of player we are looking at 

Absoulotely. We don’t need a guy that’s going to come in and score 20+. We need someone to come in who can hold the ball up and bring the likes of Smith, McCowan and Walsh into play 

Next Saturdays game at home to Alloa is starting to look massive. Our home form is the only saving grace - we're unbeaten at Somerset in the league and we really ought to be winning that game. It would also give us some breathing space and hopefully we can start looking upwards rather than downwards.

Edited by Trogdor

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Next Saturdays game at home to Alloa is starting to look massive. Our home form is the only saving grace - we're unheaten at Somerset in the league and we really ought to be winning that game. It would also give us some breathing space and hopefully we can start looking upwards rather than downwards.

We always seem to beat Alloa anyway 

59 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Next Saturdays game at home to Alloa is starting to look massive. Our home form is the only saving grace - we're unbeaten at Somerset in the league and we really ought to be winning that game. It would also give us some breathing space and hopefully we can start looking upwards rather than downwards.

Innes Cameron signs for Alloa on loan.....😱

Think he’s the style of player we are looking at 
This signing is massive for kerr, as he's running out of time.

The form is woeful, we can't seem to score, and many fans have already given up on him.

This could turn things around, and steady the ship. But on the other hand if (like Cameron and Anderson) it doesn't work out, then we'll probably be fighting relegation and things could get very hairy.

His management career is on the line here.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

This signing is massive for kerr, as he's running out of time.

The form is woeful, we can't seem to score, and many fans have already given up on him.

This could turn things around, and steady the ship. But on the other hand if (like Cameron and Anderson) it doesn't work out, then we'll probably be fighting relegation and things could get very hairy.

His management career is on the line here.

Still don't think we need to be panicking yet, a point at EEP where we matched them throughout tells me that our level, even just now, is better than relegation candidates. I do agree though that this next signing could have a huge impact on our season and effectively be the difference between mid table mediocrity and making a realistic push back to the promotion play off places.

Another variable which gives me confidence is that after the next 3 or 4 weeks, we should realistically be expecting better weather and as a result better playing surfaces which should benefit us as a team.