The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hard to make out what Sinisalo is saying with his thick Finnish accent............ 

Had to laugh when I heard is quite posh midlands accent . I take it he was at school in England ....

25 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I see Wales are now putting the league season on hold. Sturgeon doesn’t miss a trick when it comes to adding restrictions so what’s the chances of our league being impacted  

A pause might be necessary below the Premiership, remember that players at our level aren't being tested.  I was thinking on Saturday night we might well be heading for one.  

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

A pause might be necessary below the Premiership, remember that players at our level aren't being tested.  I was thinking on Saturday night we might well be heading for one.  

Last weeks generous grant and the timing of it might tie in with something like this 

29 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Last weeks generous grant and the timing of it might tie in with something like this 

Yeah man, after the size of that grant (for our league anyway) if they asked us to pause I don't think anyone could complain too much.  All depends on how radge this mutation is. 

11 hours ago, HMIP said:

Hard to see any real justification for stopping professional sport unless there is another full lockdown with all non essential workers being told to stay at home.  

I think its conceivable there could be a pause to get a testing regime up and running and any additional safeguards put in place as advised by the SG.

They could, like other countries have players tested at state run centers in the lower league. 

That doesn't solve the problem of stadium staff on match day though. Some countries limit the media attendance at games so journalists have to effectively watch live streams or watch on the telly. 

There could be ways around not pausing the season, maybe picking a level like elite sport, even the championship and above would half that amount. 

I said during the initial lockdown, they should have made this season an exception. allowed clubs to mothball and not put in to jeopardy their place in the league structure, have the ability to cut the season short, so that if a lockdown was required, they could go from a 36 to a 27 to an 18 game season and have it played to a conclusion, anything below 18 games would be void. That would let everyone know from the start what the position was.  This should have been ironed out during the reconstruction talks. See how many teams wanted to mothball and create a league, two leagues three leagues out of the teams that were willing to play. I get the impression a few clubs were more or less cajoled in to playing this year because the majority of teams wanted to restart.  

P—-k Dalziel Mr chocolate on Clyde one tonight Asked about the comparison to Edouard penalty and the disrespect to Gordon when Kanchelski stood on the ball against us in the semi final against Rangers a few years back was that not disrespectful to Ayr players, he said no he actually applauded that, what a p—-k of a man. If I could have got the phone number I would have been right on to him.

42 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

P—-k Dalziel Mr chocolate on Clyde one tonight Asked about the comparison to Edouard penalty and the disrespect to Gordon when Kanchelski stood on the ball against us in the semi final against Rangers a few years back was that not disrespectful to Ayr players, he said no he actually applauded that, what a p—-k of a man. If I could have got the phone number I would have been right on to him.

I've probably mentioned this on here before but I spoke to him and his shadow (Mark Campbell) one night in the club de mar while he was still Manager and his obnoxious drunken response was along the lines of "I couldn't give a fcuk about Ayr United, they pay my wages, that's it". He also came across as a right sleazy character as he was chasing after all the 18 and 19 year olds (ok, maybe I was just jealous) but honestly it just left a nasty taste in the mouth.

A complete pri8k as you say and Campbell wasn't much better.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I've probably mentioned this on here before but I spoke to him and his shadow (Mark Campbell) one night in the club de mar while he was still Manager and his obnoxious drunken response was along the lines of "I couldn't give a fcuk about Ayr United, they pay my wages, that's it". He also came across as a right sleazy character as he was chasing after all the 18 and 19 year olds (ok, maybe I was just jealous) but honestly it just left a nasty taste in the mouth.

A complete pri8k as you say and Campbell wasn't much better.

He used to grab waitresses arses in one of the tearooms in Troon. A c**t. 

13 hours ago, itzdrk said:
Warning for @Trogdor there is swearing towards the end. 

Appreciate the parental advisory warning there.

Tbf after Sunday, I have empathy for Hearts fans (for the first time in a long time!) what a way to lose a Cup final. Swearing is acceptable just this once given those circumstances. 🤫

19 hours ago, itzdrk said:

He used to grab waitresses arses in one of the tearooms in Troon. A c**t. 

Met him in the Treehouse once after an AU victory - having chatted briefly I'd surmise him as 'Totally up himself'. He did well for us but he was horrible tbh. 

Danny Diver went to the press after he was freed by Ayr, mostly about how much he hated Daziel. He said he went in to his office that was in the portacabin at the time and he sat with his feet up on the desk. He proceeded to tell Diver about the direction he was taking the club in and that Diver was in no way good enough to play for the club. He said all he needed was a cigar. Freed in a portacabin by Daziel does sound grubby. 

Most of the players we had at the time hated him, he fell out with every player that made headlines and there was rumors that he took the huff after fans started singing about Steve Kerrigan and dropped him. 

Turning up clearly "tired and emotional" as the Daily record put it, to a fan's forum they organised and calling the fans arseholes forgetting he was miked up wasn't his best move.