The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, rb123! said:

We're already over a third into the season and I've seen little evidence of "improvements"

Sorry to be a pedant, we're not even a third of the way through the league season. We've still got Hearts to play and then we've played everyone once.

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Sorry to be a pedant, we're not even a third of the way through the league season. We've still got Hearts to play and then we've played everyone once.

Kerr said in an interview that it was a third of the season away already so was only going by what he said

2 hours ago, Jazzar said:

Now that the heat of battle (and disappointment) has subsided, I think I can venture an opinion about yesterday. My biggest worry so far is the lack of much if anything from our midfielders. Somehow we need to get people in there who can release the front 2 or 3 or even 4 strikers where we have loads of goalscoring potential in Smith, MacCowan, Moffat and Anderson. There just doesn't look like we have enough creativity in midfield to get the right ball to the frontmen - I don't (yet) see a role for Zanatta while we have this problem to solve. The return of a (hopefully) fit Walsh may give us that missing link but I'm worried he's not going to be able to do it often enough - the length of time he's been out is surely a  concern. I'm also still not sure why we persist with Roscoe when there's a better option than him in there, currently playing at right back. Lastly, my doubts about yesterday's game (weather and Arbroath needing a result desperately) seem to have been accurate - they played well all over the pitch and totally deserved their first win in difficult conditions (always a leveller). We didnt' deserve anything and I'm certain MK knows that. A hard week for the players beckons before Christmas. Onwards, COYA     

I said this last week and got told I was being far too harsh, but it’s true. No matter what combination of the 3 of them we play they just don’t seem to offer anything as a unit. No protection to the defence and no creativity.

We know they’re capable of being decent players but we’re getting nothing out of them. I don’t know the answer to that but it’s up to Kerr to find out.

Muirhead behind the two centre mids? Gives added protection to the defence and allows the others to support the forwards.

I said a couple weeks back I’d do that or at least play him in a pairing with Chalmers and Murdoch. We are definitely missing a bit of dig in midfield that was previously provided by Docherty or Geggan.

My getting Jamie Adams out of retirement was only half in jest. We have no leadership on that pitch. Baird is captain but he's like a mute, we need someone who can pick the lads up after we concede and grab the game by the scruff of the neck. I'm not convinced we have that character within the squad right now. We've gone from a squad of captains (Bell; Adams; Muirhead; Geggan; Kerr; Docherty) to just having Muirhead. We can tinker with the system and the starting 11 but we're still a bit too soft and lacking leaders out there. 

FWIW, I also think not having the fans there probably has an impact. We are the 12th man at certain points and I dont care what anyone says we have a positive impact especially away from home.

I said this last week and got told I was being far too harsh, but it’s true. No matter what combination of the 3 of them we play they just don’t seem to offer anything as a unit. No protection to the defence and no creativity.
We know they’re capable of being decent players but we’re getting nothing out of them. I don’t know the answer to that but it’s up to Kerr to find out.
When you look at the attacking midfielders in the squad then creativity really shouldn't be a problem imo it comes down to the style of play being imposed by the manager

38 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Muirhead is our best centre half

kerr needs to look to play his team with the players in their best position 

Houston is a right back for example

we need a target man and a ball winning centre midfielder in my opinion

The above is pretty much bang on  .  We have a huge imbalance in the squad , ballers a plenty, piano lifters are pretty thin on the ground . Oh for a Duncan George and an Ally Graham .... so does this mean having another crack at Drinan in the window and perhaps letting Cameron return to Killie ? Anderson is a player if not a centre forward , we’re gonna look like proper lemons when he lines up beside Cosgrove next season ,in the Premiership . Big changes at Livingston and Ross County could mean previously unattainable players may be come attainable... 

Also for the time being let’s retreat to a simple system that every player can understand, 4-4-2 . With only one out and out winger  . Time to circle the wagons for a while .

I think Kerr is our man , I really do , but he needs help ,both on the coaching front and in the transfer market .  Two players and a player coach in ,in January would be very welcome .

1 hour ago, Fitbafollower said:

Muirhead is our best centre half

kerr needs to look to play his team with the players in their best position 

Houston is a right back for example

we need a target man and a ball winning centre midfielder in my opinion

We've not replaced Kelly, we've tried to half replace him and Docherty with Chalmers IMO and ended up with a player who's attributes don't really cover either of those two we lost.

We lost 3 CM's from last season (Docherty, Kelly, Geggan), Kerr to an extent too, and only brought in Miller and Chalmers.

Edited by rb123!

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Has anyone signed up to this?https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/black-white-tv/

Yes , easy to do , like the idea of a free trial without giving card details , card details only required from later in January if you choose to subscribe, looking forward to first A-Z later today 

Edited by Robbo63

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Yes , easy to do , like the idea of a free trial without giving card details , card details only required from later in January if you choose to subscribe, looking forward to first A-Z later today 

I didn't realise they was a free trial, best sign up now. 👍

ETA - I obviously can't read!

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Have tried to sign up but nothing appears to be happening