The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Regardless of how he is doing it as long as Kerr stays in or around the top four it’s mission accomplished.

Dunfermline were Lucky to get good money for Nisbett Which they have gambled on bringing a few in and it’s working. Sometimes it doesent matter who you bring in players don’t gel but they certainly have, they remind me of our team two years ago when we had decent players who gelled well
Hearts, Dundee,Dunfermline and Inverness will probably be the top four, so that’s what we have to beat and is a big ask with the comparable budgets.

As I said unless some good money is made available in January I don’t se it , we have a very young team who haven’t gelled yet that is obvious and we certainly can’t afford to pay our top player Welsh  for him to hardly kick a ball remember, that would have been a major blow to Kerr.

Football fans are fickle as f**k. Win the next couple of games and yesterday will be forgotten about.
Anyone calling for Kerr's head is an idiot.
It's always the case, but fortunately our chairman seems to have his head screwed on with the way he treats managers.

Things clearly aren't good at the moment. We're regularly looking weak at the back and we're not producing the silky attacking moves often enough.

But there are options there. We have to give kerr time to get things sorted.

I expected us to get a doing from Dundee and we managed to get a big win. Yesterday that doing came.

No idea what we'll get next. You'd like to think he'll get a reaction, but we'll see.

Keep the faith, folks.

9 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Regardless of how he is doing it as long as Kerr stays in or around the top four it’s mission accomplished.

Dunfermline were Lucky to get good money for Nisbett Which they have gambled on bringing a few in and it’s working. Sometimes it doesent matter who you bring in players don’t gel but they certainly have, they remind me of our team two years ago when we had decent players who gelled well
Hearts, Dundee,Dunfermline and Inverness will probably be the top four, so that’s what we have to beat and is a big ask with the comparable budgets.

As I said unless some good money is made available in January I don’t se it , we have a very young team who haven’t gelled yet that is obvious and we certainly can’t afford to pay our top player Welsh  for him to hardly kick a ball remember, that would have been a major blow to Kerr.

I’ll give you Hearts, Dundee and Dunfermline but I think our budget will be fairly similar to Inverness. 

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Aye we see the problem centre half differently and that's fine, ideally it would be Muirhead and another new centre half but we aren't signing anyone until January.  

Not giving up on Anderson but Cameron other than one touch and finish has no looked like a football player, his second touch is a foul. 

Cameron has hardly featured so not sure why we’re writing him off so quick.  Or maybe we can convert him to a centre back...

It's actually quite amusing reading some of the comments on Kerr and the team as looking through Scottish Football at the moment, Ayr are probably one of the LAST teams you'd look at in terms of under achieving, poor form or Managers under pressure !!

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Aye we see the problem centre half differently and that's fine, ideally it would be Muirhead and another new centre half but we aren't signing anyone until January.  

Not giving up on Anderson but Cameron other than one touch and finish has no looked like a football player, his second touch is a foul. 

I would say Roscoe seems to continually make basic mistakes, Baird not to the same extent (I missed the Stranraer and Livingston games)

It is very difficult to judge on a stream though. 

42 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Played 3 of them so far and did not lose any ! Only team Dunfermline have failed to score against , no reason why we can’t force our way into that top 4 , as many are saying ( and correctly so) we are not playing to our potential and when we do hopefully we will be a team to be feared 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I would say Roscoe seems to continually make basic mistakes, Baird not to the same extent (I missed the Stranraer and Livingston games)

It is very difficult to judge on a stream though. 

The defence is getting zero protection from the midfield which isn’t helping,  Murdoch is nowhere close to being back to his best and Miller and Chalmers are bang average.  The full backs have no cover in front of them either.  Don’t know where Kerr is fitness wise but he might have to consider playing himself.  

13 minutes ago, HMIP said:

The defence is getting zero protection from the midfield which isn’t helping,  Murdoch is nowhere close to being back to his best and Miller and Chalmers are bang average.  The full backs have no cover in front of them either.  Don’t know where Kerr is fitness wise but he might have to consider playing himself.  

Chalmers is there for the football rather than the dirty work, You can only dictate the play if you have the ball. Adams dictated the game when we played Dundee and fortunately they were guff up front. 

Docherty sat deep and Murdoch doesn't, we need someone to almost play between the center halfs and take the ball from them to build from the back. last season, Docherty would take possession and pass to Kerr or a full back to start a move, Kerr and Doc would always be open for a pass. 

If you watch Ayr's goal in this game, Kerr and Doc barely cross the half way line, but are pivotal in the goal, staying in space and open for a pass. 

With the current squad, I would play Muirhead in front of the back 4 in that role, allowing full backs to push up and support rather than the midfield.  

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

It's always the case, but fortunately our chairman seems to have his head screwed on with the way he treats managers.

Things clearly aren't good at the moment. We're regularly looking weak at the back and we're not producing the silky attacking moves often enough.

But there are options there. We have to give kerr time to get things sorted.

I expected us to get a doing from Dundee and we managed to get a big win. Yesterday that doing came.

No idea what we'll get next. You'd like to think he'll get a reaction, but we'll see.

Keep the faith, folks.

I wanted McCall sacked after the St Mirren debacle in 16/17. Fortunately I was proven wrong as he managed us to the title and a respectable return to the Championship - despite also presiding over some honking results. 

Sometimes it's better to stick.

18 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Funny thing is, I actually heard folk saying last season we wouldn’t miss Docherty.  It was probably a bit of petted lip because he took the coin from Partick, but still....

We just haven't replaced him properly. Its not like he's Kante or Viera. Moreover, the best football we played at this level was a midfield three of Kerr; Murdoch & Kelly imo. Until Murdoch got injured Docherty couldn't get in the team.

30 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

We just haven't replaced him properly. Its not like he's Kante or Viera. Moreover, the best football we played at this level was a midfield three of Kerr; Murdoch & Kelly imo. Until Murdoch got injured Docherty couldn't get in the team.

I thought the best football I’ve seen in years at Ayr was last season when we had Dochery and Kerr holding with Kelly supporting Moffat, McCowan and Forrest.  Murdoch was injured early doors last year and didn’t actually play that much with Kelly.
 I’m still a bit baffled as to why we didn’t just go for Stewart as manager with Kerr as assistant.  Water under the bridge now I suppose.  The point is that there aren’t many players at our level on our budget that can directly replace what Docherty did in terms of protecting the back 4, which is why I was surprised that so many Ayr fans seemed to think we wouldn’t miss him.  

29 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I thought the best football I’ve seen in years at Ayr was last season when we had Dochery and Kerr holding with Kelly supporting Moffat, McCowan and Forrest.  Murdoch was injured early doors last year and didn’t actually play that much with Kelly.
 I’m still a bit baffled as to why we didn’t just go for Stewart as manager with Kerr as assistant.  Water under the bridge now I suppose.  The point is that there aren’t many players at our level on our budget that can directly replace what Docherty did in terms of protecting the back 4, which is why I was surprised that so many Ayr fans seemed to think we wouldn’t miss him.  

You are right wrt. timing of injuries and our good play but Docherty wasn't an automatic starter until Murdoch was injured. I'm not sure its the unavailability of players who do the dirty work as it were. I think part of the problem is that Murdoch isn't quite the terrier he was before his injury. Also, Miller was brought in to fulfill that role too.

This may sound a bit strange but without seeing what they do off the ball I'm struggling to know precisley where and who the problem is in midfield. Its a big draw back with not being physically at the game.

I was always hot and cold with Docherty. He could be immense on his day, never missing a pass and intercepting everything. Then he would lose possession on the edge of the box and cost us a goal every so often. He was also a bit injury prone although with some of the crocks we had it would be hard to notice as he wasn't the worse. I certainly became more cold after his pre-contract with Partick with the way it was announced and the fact he was Captain.

Edited by Trogdor

Football fans are fickle as f**k. Win the next couple of games and yesterday will be forgotten about.
Agree that it's too early to be calling for Kerr's head, however lose the next couple of games and it'll be hard for to argue the case for keeping him

18 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:
5 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Agree that it's too early to be calling for Kerr's head, however lose the next couple of games and it'll be hard for to argue the case for keeping him

Losing the next two or three games and playing badly should result in questions being asked. 

Lots of sensible and very good posts tonight which is refreshing to see, after reading some of the stuff yesterday I was beginning to think we'd been invaded by the extremist SRE forum !!!