The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Today wasn’t a one off, which the talbot result kind of was.  The failings today have been there since day one.  The spine of the defence and midfield is total guff as are both full backs.  The only note of optimism is that muirhead hasn’t actually played centre half this season (that I remember!) and would surely be an improvement on what we have at the moment.  

"Can honestly say that was the worst AU performance I've seen in years"

One of the worst performances I can remember in recent years (& for £15 at that).   Can't recall anything that would give us Ayr fans any encouragement - possibly only our goalie who stopped us being beaten 7 or 8-0.   Livi looked more up for it and a class better in every position.

Lose two goals in the first 5 minutes to a team in the league above you is always going to be an uphill struggle, you could say we struggled to settle. 3 goals in 12 minutes is a shambles, Tighten up, try and get one back before half time. 

Concede a fourth bang on half time and the second half becomes all about not getting embarrassed.

72% possession and didn't give away a shot on or off target is as one sided a game as you will see, You only get one of them a season if you want to keep your job so a big shake-up is needed. 

Perhaps the goals came too quickly to make any meaningful changes early on, I barely watched the second half I dipped in and out of watching and every time I did, Livi were attacking so I can only assume we defended slightly better or they took their foot off the gas. 

A back 4 of Roscoe, Baird, Huston and Reading, a sitting midfield of Muirhead, Murdoch and Miller with Chalmers and two others further forward is the only way I can see us being less open at the back and it is purely by throwing bodies at it. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Lose two goals in the first 5 minutes to a team in the league above you is always going to be an uphill struggle, you could say we struggled to settle. 3 goals in 12 minutes is a shambles, Tighten up, try and get one back before half time. 

Sounds vaguely familiar.

Amateur start to the game

Game over inside 12 minutes

Pathetic defending (again)

0 shots, shots... Not shots on target

Gtf Mark Kerr is gathering momentum, next 3 games massive

That's an embarrassing score today. I'm really worried going forward.

Good squad but rudderless direction by all accounts

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

Not that baffling really.  Whether by design or by accident we’ve ended up with a terribly inexperienced defence.  Looking at what we’ve got on the park, we already knew that Roscoe isn’t up to it from last season. We’ve taken a punt on a left back who might come good in about 50 games or so but at the moment looks like a wee boy out his depth.  Houston looks a yard off the pace since he came back from injury and Baird is a bang average championship centre back that St Mirren fans warned us needed to be paired with an experienced organiser type.

This really is unfair, Reading has been steady and consistently good in every match I've seen him this season. Yes, today was a shocker from the entire team, however a gross overreaction as usual.

46 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

One of the worst performances I can remember in recent years (& for £15 at that).   Can't recall anything that would give us Ayr fans any encouragement - possibly only our goalie who stopped us being beaten 7 or 8-0.   Livi looked more up for it and a class better in every position.

That's probably because they are, although the lack of fight certainly can't be excused.

The only plus is that we have Smith & Walsh to come back who are arguably our two best players.

1 hour ago, Zaltan said:

kerr has lost the plot, he will lose the room if he has not already

Seriously ??

We've lost a grand total of ONE league match and in that match we were the better side, we've also won our betfred cup section and progressed prior to being knocked out by higher league opposition away from home and without our two best players.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good nonsensical rant !!

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Seriously ??

We've lost a grand total of ONE league match and in that match we were the better side, we've also won our betfred cup section and progressed prior to being knocked out by higher league opposition away from home and without our two best players.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good nonsensical rant !!

Whilst I agree with your sentiment. The bold bit is entirely subjective and not a fact. My pedantry is in overdrive after that performance. It also undermines your point imo.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Whilst I agree with your sentiment. The bold bit is entirely subjective and not a fact. My pedantry is in overdrive after that performance. It also undermines your point imo.

My point is that people are wildly overreacting to what was, granted, a totally terrible day and performance from us.

I'd say we're missing a Doc type player just to sit in front of the defence as we seem to have too many forward type luxury players and not enough "roll the sleeves up and scrap" types but who knows ?

What I do know is that with a couple of wins on the trot and most of the negative stuff will be forgotten, well, for a week or two maybe......... 

Kerrs interview is probably more worrying than the result. “A one off game” was his war cry. No mention of the horror defending, just that it’s a cup match. 
A one off game f**k off, a game which has just lost the club a lot of money with a potential quarter final tie.