The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

And QOS and Morton were thoroughly pumped the game after we played them, so wouldn't look to much into that

We were pumping Morton ourselves until we went to 10. 

Results are generally all over the place in this league, so it doesn’t make our result against them any better. 

Dunfermline's side is relatively comparable to ours, they were there for the taking that day and we were poor. We need to be winning those type of games at home. Let’s hope we do that today!

12 hours ago, pandarilla said:
13 hours ago, WATTOO said:
Yes, our 0-0 last week isn't looking like the terrible result that so many were making out.

It was the performance that worried me, much more than the result.

I think it was more the tactics of both ourselves and Dunfermline which was the issue, both sides basically set up to stop the other playing and in that respect it probably worked for both. We cancelled each other out and the game was dross as a spectacle with few chances created, let's just hope we go for the jugular today as this Dundee side have looked slow with a lack of drive and energy so if we start with a high tempo I firmly believe we could blow them away. Here's hoping.

After all the bed wetting of recent weeks normal service has been resumed , we’ve slid into our customary fourth place and beaten last season’s boggy team into the bargain . Well done to Mark and Mick . Next ! 

6 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

7 out 10 today  for most outfield players with Moffat edging man of he match with an 8, and goalie giving me the jitters with crosses, but to play Dundee with Adams not having a shot at goal is  some doing a great defensive feat we’ll done.

Michael Miller sat on him the entire game, think Kerr absolutely got it spot on today and hopefully will get the credit he deserves for it. 

6 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

7 out 10 today  for most outfield players with Moffat edging man of he match with an 8, and goalie giving me the jitters with crosses, but to play Dundee with Adams not having a shot at goal is  some doing a great defensive feat we’ll done.

You’re stream must have gone down!.Adam had a cracking long range effort with an even better save from the keeper...

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

You’re stream must have gone down!.Adam had a cracking long range effort with an even better save from the keeper...

Yeah, I dont get why anyone would be  criticising the goalie tbh. I thought he did very well.

I feel that Mark Kerr is, by nature, quite a cautious manager and that took a leap of faith for him to play with the brakes aff in the first half. To see them break at speed and throw bodies forward was exactly what we’ve been waiting to see. Equally, to see McCowan track back and defend his 18 yard box was just as rewarding. They pressed really well as a team and you can’t help but feel that’s the way forward for this side.

Bruce Anderson will be sat on the bench wondering why he couldn’t have been involved in that sort of formation.

Same again please Kerrso.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, I dont get why anyone would be  criticising the goalie tbh. I thought he did very well.

Sinisalo was excellent at all things except cross balls today, some very hairy moments a better team would have got a goal from one of them. 

Almost a carbon copy of the Morton game today, took a lead, fairly comfortable for the first 55 minutes and started to sit deep and try to defend the lead.  We were under the cosh for maybe 20 minutes and then Dundee gave up. 

The game management was much better today, taking our time and making runs in to space, everyone keeping a level head and taking extra touches. There didn't seem to be the same panic as there was V. Morton. 

In recent weeks we were in danger of becoming a similar team to the Roberts era, a defense leaking goals and no forward threat, looked like we were just relying on individuals to pull us through without any direction. Smith and McCowan were very good today, allowing Moffat to create more space for himself. Chalmers was further up the park rather than sitting in and taking the ball off the center backs. 

A fair amount of credit for the changes goes to Kerr. Dundee are shite, but it is a game we could have easily lost in recent years. 

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He flapped at two or three crosses in the 1st half and seems to have an obsession with punching the ball, however he is an excellent shot stopper and overall I'm very happy with him.