The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Think we'll draw any of the following:

Hearts, Dunfermline and Livingston. Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell, Hibs

Scrap that i don't know what i'm talking, we can draw any seeded or unseeded team (i think)

Folk are saying it's a meh draw but there's really no incentive to get a glamour tie this year due to current circumstances meaning financial reward will be nowhere near usual.

Just aswell trying to get easier ties and get further with the prize money that comes with each round.

46 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Folk are saying it's a meh draw but there's really no incentive to get a glamour tie this year due to current circumstances meaning financial reward will be nowhere near usual.

Just aswell trying to get easier ties and get further with the prize money that comes with each round.

Not sure that's quite true. Certainly the incentive to be a live tv game at Ibrox  or Celtic Park is vastly reduced as you won't get the double whammy of a tv payment and a big crowd but a tv game is still a benefit whilst getting say Aberdeen or Hibs is bound to get significantly more streaming receipts than Livingston do. There's far more incentive to get a home game against bigger sides too since your own side are likely to still get at least some advantage from playing on their own pitch but the streaming receipts should be irrelevant to venue and capacity isn't a factor. So there's no reason you couldn't sell thousands of away streams if the visiting supporters were interested enough.

It's different certainly, and the benefits of getting a tv game over not getting one are minimised due to not being able to sell streams for it, but there are almost certainly still significant financial differences and I'd imagine Livingston was about the worst seeded draw you could have gotten for income. Maybe Dunfermline too.

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Quite happy with that draw to be fair, as said above it is likely the most winnable of the bunch. Still make Livi the favourites to win the tie, but we also shouldn't fear them. 

Reading some of the quotes post Saturday and in criticism of the team generally, you'd be forgiven for thinking Livi could get away with playing their u16 girls team. 🥺

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not sure that's quite true. Certainly the incentive to be a live tv game at Ibrox  or Celtic Park is vastly reduced as you won't get the double whammy of a tv payment and a big crowd but a tv game is still a benefit whilst getting say Aberdeen or Hibs is bound to get significantly more streaming receipts than Livingston do. There's far more incentive to get a home game against bigger sides too since your own side are likely to still get at least some advantage from playing on their own pitch but the streaming receipts should be irrelevant to venue and capacity isn't a factor. So there's no reason you couldn't sell thousands of away streams if the visiting supporters were interested enough.

It's different certainly, and the benefits of getting a tv game over not getting one are minimised due to not being able to sell streams for it, but there are almost certainly still significant financial differences and I'd imagine Livingston was about the worst seeded draw you could have gotten for income. Maybe Dunfermline too.

Not taking into account the hilarity of the utter shambles the stream would be as thousands try to view it...

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

Sounds pretty good tbf, for people who don't want to do typical gambling with your own money this is a fun alternative

I’m not up on apps at all and wondered what the app was that was promoted earlier. Strange it comes with a gamble aware warning if it doesn’t actually cost money to play  🤔 

Edited by Thereisalight..

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m not up on apps at all and wondered what the app was that was promoted earlier. Strange it comes with a gamble aware warning if it doesn’t actually cost money to play  🤔 

Yeah not entirely sure where the prize money comes from if it doesn't cost money to play, maybe depends on how many people place predictions for each match or something.

Also not sure how the club makes money from it, presume they get a % of each download of the app.