The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Thought i saw them during the game and turns out i was right, just read the the police were round in the second half to punt on the young team from viewing the game, wondered how long it would take for that to happen.

Must have been the club that phoned them you would have thought, or could be network rail as they'll own that land i'm pretty sure.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Thought i saw them during the game and turns out i was right, just read the the police were round in the second half to punt on the young team from viewing the game, wondered how long it would take for that to happen.

Must have been the club that phoned them you would have thought, or could be network rail as they'll own that land i'm pretty sure.

Not even the biggest crime witnessed at Somerset today.

Don't think the pitch helps tbh, pitch surface/quality is turgid at this time of year.

If this is going to be the norm of having about 4 months a season with the pitch like this i'd rather we get astro in, give us an opportunity to play it on the deck more. Far too many times today where players were slipping about all over the place in mud and big bobbles on passes.

Nonsense to blame the pitch, I know we had a lot of changes today but so did Stranraer had 5or6 changes today if they score the penalty it’s game over, good job big Baird had a great game today Roscoe back to his usual mince sold the first goal with his first touch Houston hasn’t kicked a ball And has had enough time to get going,  Anderson very poor today looks to me not very interested, Zanatta looks like a really poor player lazy and shitting himself at tackles don’t know what he’s gonna do with him. Walsh saying another 2-3 weeks yet seems like a player who’ll tell us when he’s playing very worrying about him as well.

That was utter utter dross.

All our home games haven't been great which makes me lean towards the pitch not helping. 

That being said we should have enough about us to beat a League 2 team. I dont think the system works for the players we have. I think we'd be better with 2 up front, Anderson was marooned again today. 

Edited by Trogdor

27 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

That was utter utter dross.

All our home games haven't been great which makes me lean towards the pitch not helping. 

That being said we should have enough about us to beat a League 2 team. I dont think the system works for the players we have. I think we'd be better with 2 up front, Anderson was marooned again today

He was,but when he drops off to get the ball he's good, he needs to play his part doing that too more often. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

He was,but when he drops off to get the ball he's good, he needs to play his part doing that too more often. 

Yeah, that's fair. He does need to up the work rate and drop deeper to pick the ball up and play others in. Although if we are going to do that I think Moffat would be better at that than anyone as a false 9.

31 minutes ago, North British said:

As soon as Walsh is fit it has to be 4-4-2  . Him and Smith wide and Cameron up top with Anderson . We can’t play like Spain in a Scottish winter on poor surfaces .....

I'm starting to come round to this tbh. I wasn't convinced we had the wide players to do it but the current formation ain't working. The idea to push both Reading (Hewitt today) and Houston further up with Chalmers and Murdoch (Miller today) covering isnt working. It leaves too much space in the middle when our cross comes to nothing or we lose possession. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-boss-mark-kerr-23011229?fbclid=IwAR0W944wnAIgdCrbtdAUmgbSvKrhx-46i_d5cKOhp6hliGzBNpcjcbi0xrk

All well coming out saying he'll ring the changes if need be but the reality is we have very few people on the bench to come in to the starting 11, may well be part of the issue that certain players out there are too relaxed cause they know they're in a position where there's nobody available to come in and take away their position. 

Next weeks massive against a Dundee team as shite as us.

If we lose to them next week it'll be looking down instead of up.

And i'll not be shy in saying Mark Kerr gtf if we do lose, we've got the 2nd or 3rd best squad in the league so there's no excuse for this same shite being regurgitated every week and the cause for that lies at Mark Kerr.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

And i'll not be shy in saying Mark Kerr gtf if we do lose, we've got the 2nd or 3rd best squad in the league so there's no excuse for this same shite being regurgitated every week and the cause for that lies at Mark Kerr.

Its a tad early for that, even if we lose to Dundee. The squad certainly aren't performing to the level they should be. Kerr has acknowledged that, I'd be more pissed if he was saying he was content with the dross we served up today. Keep the faith, this squad will come good!

Having watched the highlights of Stranraer (ploughed field) vs Hamilton Accies (plastic shite) earlier in the week, I do wonder if the happy medium of a half decent pitch has gone for ever in Scotland 🙁. Given the weather we get around this time of year, I can see why it was difficult to play anything approaching 'flowing football' at Somerset today and I'm even finding myself wondering if 'plastic shite' is the way forward in our league? Whatever, I'm just glad we've got through. Need to get a lot more solid in the middle of the back - their goal was disgrace. But our hold-up play was good at times. Glad we've got through - nuff said  

26 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Only got that squad because of Mark Kerr , takes a lot more than 2 /3 games to gel  a squad , not had opportunity to play same team twice due to injuries , international call ups and suspension,but if you feel like that it’s your priority, 

Another poor performance. Anderson again cutting a frustrated figure. McCowan is always very hard on himself if he misplaces a pass etc, his head goes down but hopefully the goal will boost his confidence. Starting to think Moffat won’t score in open play (every week I have him on a bet to score  his 100th goal for us)