D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Don't exactly agree with these new lockdown tier stages in each different council region as it means some teams will be able to have fans at stadiums. For example in our league Inverness and Queen of the South would be the two places most likely to have fans.

How's that fair on the other 8 teams if they can get a small fan income meanwhile nobody else can?

At the same time though, why choose to punish everyone... 

It’ll also depend on the numbers whether they’ll even make much from it as well! 

15 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Don't exactly agree with these new lockdown tier stages in each different council region as it means some teams will be able to have fans at stadiums. For example in our league Inverness and Queen of the South would be the two places most likely to have fans.

How's that fair on the other 8 teams if they can get a small fan income meanwhile nobody else can?

Think it will actually cost the clubs money to let fans in  , the numbers are going to be minimal and will mostly ( if not all ) be season ticket holders , Ross County only allowing 750 ( that’s just over 10% of ground capacity ) if we could get crowds in even at that 10% we could accommodate all season ticket holders and around 300 paying fans as our ground is recorded  as  just over 10,000 capacity 

Edited by Robbo63

See Reading has been called up to the U21's, games on 12th and 17th November however we don't seem to have a game on 14th so won't impact us. No Kelly in the squad, his rather non event loan at Ross County seems to hampering him, shame.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

See Reading has been called up to the U21's, games on 12th and 17th November however we don't seem to have a game on 14th so won't impact us. No Kelly in the squad, his rather non event loan at Ross County seems to hampering him, shame.

We play Stranraer at home in the betfred. We only have the one game in that period as already played 3.

The new lockdown strategy has more or less mobilized football fans in Scotland to ensure other areas of society keep to restrictions and allowing fans to return. 

With a potential return (Ayrshire and Arran won't be any time soon going by the figures) Clubs need to have a working strategy in place ASAP with clear guidelines for fans. A restriction could be lifted on the week of a home game so everything has to be clear from that point who can attend, How they enter and where they can sit/stand. 

I would hope that clubs would have this in place already but live streaming seems to be a problem a month after the first competitive games. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

What is it with Scotland and left backs- that’s 3 in the u21 squad!

I don’t think Reading is really used as a LB in the team. Most of the time plays either RB or further forward on the left.

32 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Harvie has been playing LM/LWB for MK Dons and i think he played that role for Scotland in one of the games with Reading at LB, however with Hickey on the scene now i'd get the feeling he'd probably be ahead of Reading at LB and he may end up going and just warming up the bench.

5 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

At the same time though, why choose to punish everyone... 

It’ll also depend on the numbers whether they’ll even make much from it as well! 

Well put.

I think its got to be seen as a positive. A couple of weeks back I would have said spring before any fans were in.

France going back into full lockdown.  The football is going to get stopped again, isn’t it?  That said, if there is a new furlough scheme that might be a blessing in disguise as the game can’t go on like this with no match day income.

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I hope that Anderson won’t be called up hours before the Stranraer game to go and join the under 21s 😑

😡

34 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He's looking older than I remember. 

Betrayal weighs heavy on the mind and adds a few years

11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

@ayrunitedfw that a relative of yours won the ayr lottery?

Yeah, it was my old dear. Still waiting on my cut.