The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The season we won the league we blew a 2 goal lead and lost 3-2 at home to Forfar. Goals that day were 75, 83, and 88 minutes. At that time they were bottom of the league and had only won 3 of 18 games.
As for this season on the park we probably lack leaders when you consider in the last 2 seasons we've lost Higgins, Rose, Shankland, Adams, Docherty, Harvie, Geggan, Bell and Kerr himself.
If we had some of them playing today they'd have been encouraging each other and demanding more from the players around them. Didn't see that today.
Baird should be doing that job since he's captain. With Muirhead suspended now it's not like we can even change things up for next week.

14 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
30 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:
The season we won the league we blew a 2 goal lead and lost 3-2 at home to Forfar. Goals that day were 75, 83, and 88 minutes. At that time they were bottom of the league and had only won 3 of 18 games.
As for this season on the park we probably lack leaders when you consider in the last 2 seasons we've lost Higgins, Rose, Shankland, Adams, Docherty, Harvie, Geggan, Bell and Kerr himself.
If we had some of them playing today they'd have been encouraging each other and demanding more from the players around them. Didn't see that today.

Baird should be doing that job since he's captain. With Muirhead suspended now it's not like we can even change things up for next week.

That's what worries me the most - really dont want to sound like it's sour grapes but Morton offered absolutely nothing going forward today and yet helped themselves to 3 goals in 5 mins when they stuck a few men forward.  Dread to think what might happen next week against a Dunfermline team scoring for fun.  Could easily be sitting on 4 points from 5 games going into the international break - which seems bizarre as we actually looked a pretty good side for the vast majority of the game today! 

17 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
34 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Would argue the fact Baird's even captain highlights we don't have many leaders.

St Mirren fans said he was better with an experienced partner. However as long as Roscoe has a left foot I expect that'll be his partner.

Despite Kerr claiming he had planned in advance for Bell possibly leaving I think a left sided CB should have been a target if that was the case.

Don't get me wrong there were positives today but the manner in which we folded is a serious cause for concern.  I'm still pissed off and I'm pretty sure Kerr was as well you could tell from his interview. There is no doubt we have attacking talent and there were some great attacking performances today. I thought Smith, Anderson, Moffat & McCowan all played pretty well.

I'm not overly convinced by Chalmers and Murdoch as a pairing in central midfield. As for the defense they can all get in the bin today. Bring back Stevie Bell all is forgiven. 

The 10 men argument is nothing more than deflection. We should have seen that game out and its utterly embarrassing and infuriating that we didn't!

ARGH!

angry work GIF

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Don't get me wrong there were positives today but the manner in which we folded is a serious cause for concern.  I'm still pissed off and I'm pretty sure Kerr was as well you could tell from his interview. There is no doubt we have attacking talent and there were some great attacking performances today. I thought Smith, Anderson, Moffat & McCowan all played pretty well.

I'm not overly convinced by Chalmers and Murdoch as a pairing in central midfield. As for the defense they can all get in the bin today. Bring back Stevie Bell all is forgiven. 

The 10 men argument is nothing more than deflection. We should have seen that game out and its utterly embarrassing and infuriating that we didn't!

ARGH!

angry work GIF

I'm similar.  Although I thought Chalmers absolutely strolled it for the majority of the game.   The big worry for me is that we have played cannon fodder QoS and got a lucky win.  Led against Inverness missing 7 players and bottled it late on.  And finally turned in a pretty good performance today against a pretty toothless Morton side and still collapsed.    Next 2 games Dunfermline and Dundee - doesnt matter how well we play going forward, both of those sides will get the ball in and around our box plenty of times meaning we are needing 3 or 4 goals to win it seems.   Even Albion Rovers managed to score twice against us and look where they are!

I had a horrible feeling before today that we could end up in a scrap down the bottom and after 80 mins was relieved to see I was wrong....the feeling is back big time now.   

Edited by Hursty

40 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I had a horrible feeling before today that we could end up in a scrap down the bottom and after 80 mins was relieved to see I was wrong....the feeling is back big time now.

Yesh, I had thoshe feelingsh ash well. What an awful day it'sh been. The collapshe at the back wash terrible 😒 Muirhead can take a run and jump. Definitely need shomething more at the back, he'sh only a young Keeper and needs two brick wall defendersh in front of him.

Plush, today a great legend has pashed away. 

R.I.P Mr Sean Connery. 

(I have no evidence that he was an Ayr United fan at all, whatsoever.) 

20201031235136.jpg

Edited by Roxanne's man
Missed a 'h' in trying to spell like I'm talking in a piss Sean Connery accent.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

May have to go back to McCall's old mantra of "They score three, we score four..."

Just seems frustrating that we play some great stuff, doesnt always come off but still score goals from a couple of lovely moves and could have a few more then finally the opposition realise that all they have to do to score a few back is send a couple of big tae-bashes up the park and chase it.  Andy Ritchie on their commentary even called it haha

If we hadn't shat the bed in 2 of the 3 games so far we'd be sitting joint top of the league looking forward to a top of the table clash against Dunfermline involving 2 sides still unbeaten in the league. 

Instead we're sitting 5th, could be worse, could be big boys Dundee in 6th

Or even funnier Partick Thistle and Ian McCall hahaha, i don't think he'll last the season at Firhill the way it has started.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

I don't think @wuffster is permitted to film at away grounds just now (apologies if wrong) so unless Morton do highlights i doubt it

Ayr will get the footage from Morton though. Not sure when they get it. Raith were not permitted to film at Palmerston last week but still launched a highlights package at midnight.

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

That's what worries me the most - really dont want to sound like it's sour grapes but Morton offered absolutely nothing going forward today and yet helped themselves to 3 goals in 5 mins when they stuck a few men forward.  Dread to think what might happen next week against a Dunfermline team scoring for fun.  Could easily be sitting on 4 points from 5 games going into the international break - which seems bizarre as we actually looked a pretty good side for the vast majority of the game today! 

No sour grapes at all mate. Ayr were without a doubt the better side and looked really comfortable until the last 10 mins. Goalkeeper was solid, fullbacks were effective, midfield I thought ran the game especially chalmers and up front you were a constant threat. I saw no way back into the game for us until Muirhead went off (he's a fucking  mindless clown and always has been) but your second came and I thought that, was it. I actually turned the game off at 80 mins, saw Oliver scored and put it back on. Baird is a good centre half but needs a level headed, experienced partner beside him or he struggles at times. 

Fantastic result for us though. 

Muirhead might have a hamster wheel where his brain should be, but with Bell leaving, he is probably still our best centre back.  Which is pretty worrying.  As far as I can see, the entire defence is varying degrees of pish.  

I think Baird has been pretty good since he came in but I can see why Morton fans said he needs an experienced centre half next to him. We won’t be signing one of those so it’s going to be him and Muirhead until at least January.