The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Don’t know much about Cameron but a 6ft 3 in centre forward  is something Kerr deems necessary . Happy to give the boy a chance ,the fact that he belongs to the pot lickers doesn’t bother me at all . This signing gives us huge options in systems of play , we can now field a decent looking 4-4-2  with Cameron up top with Anderson and a four man midfield containing Murdock ,Chalmers , Smith and Miller (at the moment) ... Zanatta and Walsh (4 weeks out)  will strengthen later .  Plenty of options there ,perm the midfield four anyway you want .

In the defensive area we are a little short , could really do with Houston back (although Miller can play RB ) . This would let us get Aero back beside Baird . I’d say that is our strongest defence .

All in all a superb window . Huge credit to the directors and the management team . Just need to be let in to watch this team before it breaks up in May . It’s a proper shame that 1,500 fans can’t stand two metres apart in an open terrace with a mask on  . But that modern day Scotland for you .

Not really fussed how good the guy is or isn’t just happy to have another signing come in. Small squads and covid mean some teams will be struggling for players at certain points.. Having more options will hopefully mean less dropped points over the season 

8 minutes ago, North British said:

Don’t know much about Cameron but a 6ft 3 in centre forward  is something Kerr deems necessary . Happy to give the boy a chance ,the fact that he belongs to the pot lickers doesn’t bother me at all . This signing gives us huge options in systems of play , we can now field a decent looking 4-4-2  with Cameron up top with Anderson and a four man midfield containing Murdock ,Chalmers , Smith and Miller (at the moment) ... Zanatta and Walsh (4 weeks out)  will strengthen later .  Plenty of options there ,perm the midfield four anyway you want .

In the defensive area we are a little short , could really do with Houston back (although Miller can play RB ) . This would let us get Aero back beside Baird . I’d say that is our strongest defence .

All in all a superb window . Huge credit to the directors and the management team . Just need to be let in to watch this team before it breaks up in May . It’s a proper shame that 1,500 fans can’t stand two metres apart in an open terrace with a mask on  . But that modern day Scotland for you .

Any Championship games in England we can attend this weekend? 

I may have missed this elsewhere but I logged in to the SPFL streaming website for the first time today and the full QOTS game is uploaded to watch. This is the system ICT are using. 

I have just watched some of this. Better camera angle with it being higher but completely missed our second goal. just as we got the corner the camera turned to focus on our goalie. Maybe a bird flew up the park.
This system is better than nothing but no substitute for what Ayr are delivering.

50 minutes ago, RiG said:

The rather excellent Football Archives found the Scotsport highlights of those games (and others):

That Scottish Cup one was a brilliant day out.  16 years old, carry out on the bus, got served pints in the Social Club and 3 up at HT.    The day crumbled the moment Bobby Mann started his run up for the free kick.   Just seemed an absolute inevitability that it was going to go in and once it did then it was all over.   In the end a bad defeat with a shitty view of all 7 goals down the other end.    

I'd bloody love a day out like that again tomorrow though !

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

As I said yesterday before this signing it would split the fans , too many people more interested in where he came from rather what he can give to our team , I thought the world had moved on but for some obviously not 

We ken yer ITK

The only thing that I think is better with the pixellot system is probably the camera angle.  Being higher up means a greater coverage of the pitch, and with it being fixed the movements are a bit smoother.  Completely undone by the bugs with parts of the play being totally missed out, however.   Might just be my personal preference, but would be nice if the AUMedia guys could get a similar angle to film from?  The fact that their cameras are manned means we're actually watching the game, but it's nice to have a wider field of vision with less need to zoom and pan.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I'm just watching the Ayr game on the SPFL site as mentioned above, great picture and no commentary.  Shame we don't get the the option to watch via Pixellot. 

I liked the commentary, surely you can just mute it if it bothers you so much ?

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I liked the commentary, surely you can just mute it if it bothers you so much ?

I did mute it on Saturday, but there's a difference between the noise of a stadium (empty or full) and silence.  This looks like a good service and it's a shake it's unavailable, the picture quality difference is vast. 

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I did mute it on Saturday, but there's a difference between the noise of a stadium (empty or full) and silence.  This looks like a good service and it's a shake it's unavailable, the picture quality difference is vast. 

Yes, the pixelot did seem better quality and much crisper picture but imagine if our seagullls appeared, that could potentially be carnage !!

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'm just watching the Ayr game on the SPFL site as mentioned above, great picture and no commentary.  Shame we don't get the the option to watch via Pixellot. 

So is it different to what Albion had and you won’t miss parts of the match? 

50 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Seems strange they upload it but don't broadcast it live, would be a good back-up if the AU media coverage wasn't working. 

29 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

So is it different to what Albion had and you won’t miss parts of the match? 

It's the same Pixellot everyone has, Albion Rovers didn't test theirs so it was a mess, this seems like there's no issues.