The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I certainly didn’t experience any of the lag issues that some of you were troubled with. I had to refresh the page a couple of times during the ninety plus minutes but overall, I thought that for a first live event, AU Media did a great job. Going forward, I’m more than happy with the quality of broadcast for my season ticket, and it’ll continue to improve.

Don’t think they’ve got to grips with the extra camera angle yet and Callum’s terrified tones as Annan moved within shooting distance worked like a commentary enema as I clenched my arse cheeks even without glancing at the screen.

Enjoyed the on screen graphics and the halftime show. Lauren as a summariser was excellent. Great start, I’m sure they’ll learn quickly from their mistakes and offer a service we’ll be proud of.

As for the game, don’t think we really got out of first gear, should have scored one or two more and despite having more than their fair share of possession, Annan never really threatened to score.

Fairly obvious that the success of this side will depend on the fitness of Walsh & Anderson.

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That was brutal for me, barely got a few minutes where it wasn't breaking up or the picture freezing.  If this carries on then there's no chance I'll buy any further cup games.  

Me too. Sincerely hope Saturday's live coverage against QoS will have ironed out all the glitches by then. Still enjoyed the commentary though, much better than the two away games against Albion and Hamilton....but I guess I could be biased.    

1 minute ago, Lochwood said:

On the performance really ordinary  , got the result if they had a striker we would have been embarrassed , very concerning that they looked quicker to the ball all over the park And a lot fitter than us.

Can't really agree. Their keeper kept them in it. He had two excellent saves from Smith, the second one in particular.

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Mine froze about 3 times in second half around 20 secs in total , apart from that no issues , seems a very mixed bag of experiences 

Yeah, mine was fits and starts. I had moments like Itz was describing and then minutes where it was fine. Very strange tbh.

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

If mine went more than 15-20 seconds without freezing I was doing well.

Not sure if it was certain devices , watched a game on Saturday on my phone and it was very poor , watched tonight on I Pad and had very few issues , people with I Pads seem to have had a better experience 

Edited by Robbo63

Generally my stream was alright, I often had the pixeled Sonic the hedgehog stars following running players etc, but got the jist of what was happening

Don't try and be too fancy, the corner taking camera was annoying as hell waiting for the ball to come into the box and its been taken short

Comms will be muted going forward, which is unfortunate for Lauren as she was an excellent summariser and extremely knowledgable, especially with the opposition. The excitement over nothing puts you on edge.  John McGinn's "This is your Life" was alright, quite liked the fact they had a camera on them.

Onto the game, Moff was excellent again, McCowan tried to get involved, Chalmers a little sloppy now and again but will be vital for us this season, and Baird and Muirhead getting stronger. The keeper contributed with quick thinking to get the ball forward. Zanatta worries me already, has a bit of Gary Harkins syndrome about him which I hope I'm wrong about. Murdoch needs more time to get going.

With league business starting next week, do we have the opportunity to get more players in? I still think we're rather thin

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Not sure if it was certain devices , watched a game on Saturday on my phone and it was very poor , watched tonight on I Pad and had very few issues 

I’ve watched all 3 on my laptop. Hamilton and tonight I’ve had a HDMI connected to my TV

Albion Rovers- Decent enough. Camera angle was dreadful but that’s because they were using Pixelot rather than anything to do with connection.

Hamilton- Was very good other than having no commentary in first half

Ayr United- Borderline unwatchable. Got about 39!/3;9!:/ before it was freezing. 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Not sure if it was certain devices , watched a game on Saturday on my phone and it was very poor , watched tonight on I Pad and had very few issues 

Possibly, although I didn't have many issues with Albion Rovers or Hamilton. I did tonight.

Just now, RedEd said:

Possibly, although I didn't have many issues with Albion Rovers or Hamilton. I did tonight.

Same here and my internet connection is vey good so there's something else not explainable  as yet 🙁 

2 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I think I heard him saying on commentary they were aware of a few issues , hopefully they have a fix in place for the guys who had issues tonight before Saturday 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

I think I heard him saying on commentary they were aware of a few issues , hopefully they have a fix in place for the guys who had issues tonight before Saturday 

Fingers crossed. It was borderline unwatchable for me. And they have a load of Doonhamers to fleece.

10 minutes ago, RedEd said:

If mine went more than 15-20 seconds without freezing I was doing well.

I was similar, and the freeze lasted 3 or 4 seconds so wasn't watchable.  

HOWEVER

I'm currently in a caravan with a download speed of of about 13 Mbps so I'm assuming that has something to do with it.   

20 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Boy Fleming (22)  there best player would do us so that’s one you’ve missed there Mick came through the Stmirren set up so he should have known about him.

Soccerway has Fleming as only 18, thought he played well along with a couple of other players who could progress given full time football. Overall impressed with Annan's attitude and approach to the game. 

We got the win with a patched up makeshift team. That's all that matters. 

Streaming quality mixed for me but at the end of the day it's a bunch of enthusiastic amateurs trying their very best to broadcast live to the world. Sky Sports it ain't, let's remember that and hopefully cut them some slack accordingly. 

Hopefully things can improve with the picture delay in future games (if it can be improved?) . 

Edited by BukyOHare

On to the game - seemed scrappy but still a deserved win.  Annan did gub Hamilton remember.   Definitely need Walsh back sooner than later - as has been already said those two (edit - Anderson the other) will be vital.   Thought Baird looked good.

Edited by Hursty