The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just seen that Falkirk got 1730 and QOS got 803 which puts things into perspective a wee bit. A lot of people are on holiday, some people are away dealing with mental old parents (me), some people think these are glorified friendlies and not worth the bother, although I'd say this team are always worth the bother whatever the competition.

This has to be the most exciting team since the Teale/Hurst/Walker days. I'm confident the crowds will shoot up if we continue as we started.

I think what a lot of folk fighter is, with it being the holidays, a lot of folk will be paying for kids to be a summer camps for different activities, have money invested in going away etc. Couple that with playing a team we’re goibh to be facing at least another 4 times this season, breaking 1000 isn’t all bad.  We’d ususlly take 400 plus to Albion, but next week id expect to take between 100-200.

I think it's baby steps with the crowd thing, lots of folk on holidays or working (like me[emoji21]) some folk would have been watching the word cup god knows why!, I think the club made great strides going round the schools with the trophy hopefully that perks interest in the young ones, I'm sure if the results keep coming like this be can be pushing crowds of 2000+ by the end of the season, can't wait for the stenny game that will be the first for me this season.

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

Forrest looking like he's bulked up over the off season, good to see...always felt he was a bit lightweight but whatever training he's doing seems to be working!

Totally agree, looks like Forrest ate Forrest. He actually at one point bullied a Morton player off the ball. 

Still, I don’t care.....big Jamie was a stand out. In fact so was Murdoch, Shankland, Moffat, Rose....the whole team pretty much lol. Only one I felt had an off day was Kerr. 

13 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I think it's baby steps with the crowd thing, lots of folk on holidays or working (like meemoji21.png) some folk would have been watching the word cup god knows why!, I think the club made great strides going round the schools with the trophy hopefully that perks interest in the young ones, I'm sure if the results keep coming like this be can be pushing crowds of 2000+ by the end of the season, can't wait for the stenny game that will be the first for me this season.

Totally agree. 

Totally agree, looks like Forrest ate Forrest. He actually at one point bullied a Morton player off the ball. 

Still, I don’t care.....big Jamie was a stand out. In fact so was Murdoch, Shankland, Moffat, Rose....the whole team pretty much lol. Only one I felt had an off day was Kerr. 

Don’t really see that with Kerr.

Thought he was excellent - kept the ball well as always, made some excellent passes and broke up play.

I thought the crowd yesterday was very poor considering the circumstances.

Just finished listening to Scott McLaughlin’s podcast, certainly interesting about Davie White and not the first time I’ve heard similar things.

48 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I think it's baby steps with the crowd thing, lots of folk on holidays or working (like meemoji21.png) some folk would have been watching the word cup god knows why!, I think the club made great strides going round the schools with the trophy hopefully that perks interest in the young ones, I'm sure if the results keep coming like this be can be pushing crowds of 2000+ by the end of the season, can't wait for the stenny game that will be the first for me this season.

I took my three year old son yesterday, he absolutely loved it. OK, at three I didn't expect him to watch the full game and he did find the seagulls of severe interest. Though he was screaming and bawling for the Ayr team, a young supporter in the making. Don't know if he'll be counted in the final attendance number as he's so wee but, he is part of Somersets future crowd without a doubt. :-) 

4 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I took my three year old son yesterday, he absolutely loved it. OK, at three I didn't expect him to watch the full game and he did find the seagulls of severe interest. Though he was screaming and bawling for the Ayr team, a young supporter in the making. Don't know if he'll be counted in the final attendance number as he's so wee but, he is part of Somersets future crowd without a doubt. :-) 

That’s nice. My son lost interest a bit but there yesterday. The 4th generation of my family to support Ayr. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Thought he was excellent - kept the ball well as always, made some excellent passes and broke up play.

Just finished listening to Scott McLaughlin’s podcast, certainly interesting about Davie White and not the first time I’ve heard similar things.

Just felt he was off pace at times and yes some excellent passes but they were outweighed with some stinkers. I’m just being pernickity and there was no fault on any players part. 

I didn’t expect much of a crowd but those that were there saw something we’ve craved for a long long time. 

I just hope we can establish ourselves. It’s early and off one competitive game, I think we will and shock a few neysayers. 

Could you put link up please.

On 11/07/2018 at 12:11, Francesc Fabregas said:

Alright lads, I hope you're all well.

I recorded a podcast with erstwhile Ayr skipper Scott McLaughlin. We spoke with him back in 2015 but, by his own admission, he was "a bit cagey", so here's some full and frank discussion about his two spells with the club. I think you might find it of interest.

CLICK

2 minutes ago, Panda Pies said:
57 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Could you put link up please.

Think the thing with White and Roberts may stem down to Roberts’ treatment of Longridge and other youngsters. The whole point of White being appointed assistant was to help transition youth players into the first team and Roberts went ahead and just ignored our academy and signed the likes of Twaddle, McStay etc. The fact Ayr paid Scott McLaughlin 200-300 a week on a part time contract must have others alarm bells ringing with how much was wasted during his time as manager.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think the thing with White and Roberts may stem down to Roberts’ treatment of Longridge and other youngsters. The whole point of White being appointed assistant was to help transition youth players into the first team and Roberts went ahead and just ignored our academy and signed the likes of Twaddle, McStay etc. The fact Ayr paid Scott McLaughlin 200-300 a week on a part time contract must have others alarm bells ringing with how much was wasted during his time as manager.

Assistant managers are supposed to be super dependable for a manager, White was an untrustworthy backstabber who scuttled away back to the academy at the 1st hint of trouble, Marko will regret getting his biggest decision as a manager so so wrong.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

What's our thoughts on the crowd yesterday, 1586 looks quite good until you realise they was 431 Morton fans meaning there was only 1,155 Ayr fans.

Yes it's the holiday season and probably quite a few people away but McCall was very disappointed with the crowd, being at the game i would have said there was more than 1,500 but there you go.

Like, I don't mean to be wide or anything, but did you miss that the second-last game of the World Cup was playing at the same time? Which was a little better publicised than the start of the League Cup. Perfectly understandable that only the core support (plus ten percent!) had both heard of it and was willing to pay for the privilege instead of going to the pub and hoping to see some crowd-shots of crying skinheads.

Edited by Thumper

Assistant managers are supposed to be super dependable for a manager, White was an untrustworthy backstabber who scuttled away back to the academy at the 1st hint of trouble, Marko will regret getting his biggest decision as a manager so so wrong.

Even regardless of this (and I agree) for the assistant manager to actively then try and stop the first team accessing equipment is beyond pathetic and should have seen him out the door immediately.

The backstabbing thing is something I first heard about ten years ago from a former colleague who knew him.

The most worrying aspect however is the assertion that he is a poor coach.

Also I had no idea it was £13 entry yesterday until I noticed the post from the club yesterday afternoon - the game wasn’t really publicised at all.

Was it Roberts who let Mark Shankland go and then stopped him from signing a professional deal elsewhere?

I remember hearing that White wasn’t too happy at that considering how highly rated he was.