The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Speaking of possible creative players that we could be interested in, Aymen Souda has left Livingston tonight. 
That was the same guy who gave us a run around last season. 

He’s left Livi so he can get around the quarantine restrictions and go back to France. He’ll likely find a new club over there.

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

So just to be clear after tonight we can’t sign anyone on loan or permanent deals from out with Scotland but can still get signings from Scotland?

you can still sign anyone on a free at any time - so anyone that has been released we could still sign - the window only counts for actual transfers between clubs

1 minute ago, honestly united said:

you can still sign anyone on a free at any time - so anyone that has been released we could still sign - the window only counts for actual transfers between clubs

Yeah I know that but we can’t sign anyone on loan from down south or overseas after tonight?

9 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Maybe that's us done for this window and Kerr is keeping a bit back for the next window, with crowds looking even less likely returning any time soon.

I really think he still wants more in! He said what he wanted in his interview after the Partick game. It will just be loans or free transfers.

jamie Ness might be a shout if he can prove his fitness 

I think we still need another 2 decent quality players to come in, one being a striker / winger and another to cover the middle of the park / central defence.. 

A couple of days ago I thought we'd be ok, however that was before we lost Bell & Moore and at the age of Moff, his legs could just go at any point into the season.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kerr has done very well and brought in some real quality but I just feel we're still a couple short of being in a position to possibly sustain any sort of challenge, especially with our resources at the top end of the field.

Was just looking there and we've only got ten league games between now and the start of the January transfer window, so not exactly very long at all to have to wait for more signings if required.

We've only used the one Scottish loan as far as I'm aware too so we've got another 3 loans from Scotland available to us

As there will only be about 2 and a half months from the league starting till the January window I wonder if we will go with what we have until then?

Moffat can cover 9 and 10, McCowan and Zanatta anywhere across the attacking mid 3, McKenzie from the little I have seen would be adequate from a game or 2, Houston, Millar and Aero can cover DM, and would Chalmers be able to play further forward?

It looks Kerr has targeted players that can play numerous positions so we can run with a smaller squad. We have a very obvious starting 11, but looks like we have numerous options for back up in each

41 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think we still need another 2 decent quality players to come in, one being a striker / winger and another to cover the middle of the park / central defence.. 

A couple of days ago I thought we'd be ok, however that was before we lost Bell & Moore and at the age of Moff, his legs could just go at any point into the season.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kerr has done very well and brought in some real quality but I just feel we're still a couple short of being in a position to possibly sustain any sort of challenge, especially with our resources at the top end of the field.

I would not worry about Moff’s fitness , on all the beep tests and strength and stamina tests , he came out in top 3 in all measures , guy is a machine 

8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I would not worry about Moff’s fitness , on all the beep tests and strength and stamina tests , he came out in top 3 in all measures , guy is a machine 

That's good to hear, He's possibly still the best footballing link player around and if he can stay fit and form a similar partnership / understanding with the new guys that he had with our former players then we should be fine. 

The one niggling worry I have is that we've missed August & September when the pitches are usually at their best and suit our brand of football and instead we're being pitched straight into winter playing mode by the time we actually get the league started. Hopefully it won't have the same negative effect on this squad that it had with previous ones !!

32 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I think the shortened season will benefit him. He is very fit in the short term, however over the course of the last 2 seasons he seems to tire very early on in games in the tail end of the season. He’ll be rotated a lot more this season as well with the attacking options. Hope he can get to 100 ASAP to get that monkey off his back. 

How many is it he’s needing now, 3? It’s a possibility he could get it in the Betfred. 

Don't know if this has already been covered, but how does the cash split work for cup matches ? do the streaming proceeds get split between the clubs or do the home club keep them all ?