The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

25 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Because its not a normal Saturday night. Its not a normal year. Its not a normal decade!

Thanks for the reminder....keep thinking i'm gonna wake up one of these mornings to realise it's been one big nightmare lol

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

f**k me! 

Politics again? Pretty sure Ayrshire is probably the most divisive region of Scotland when it comes to politics/independence. 

I’m sure I have read maybe 9 pages of dross( I’d rather go back and watch the highlights of Niall watts time in charge than read this shite again) 

I know I have contributed to this in the recent  past but this is absolutely  shite reading get back to the football

OK back to fitba..

Who da funk is Niall Watt?

20 minutes ago, diege said:

OK back to fitba..

Who da funk is Niall Watt?

Former Ayr manager who was total piss from March 2007 and resigned October 2007. Total piss. Thought he could bring some of his total piss league winning Stranraer team to Ayr and do well. Total Piss. Its spelt Neil....did I mention he was total piss? 

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Former Ayr manager who was total piss from March 2007 and resigned October 2007. Total piss. Thought he could bring some of his total piss league winning Stranraer team to Ayr and do well. Total Piss. Its spelt Neil....did I mention he was total piss? 

That’s the one! Oh god the flashbacks

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

That’s the one! Oh god the flashbacks

He was total piss. 

At least Mark shanks had an idea, just didn't have the players due to finances🙄 Campbell Money played poor tactics and a team that had recently lost most of its best players. Robert Connor did not bad but his team eventually fell apart and he resigned.... Which leads us to Neil Watt.....

He was total piss. 

Edited by Roxanne's man
99 red balooooooonz

I remember Neil "Brown Envelope" Watt  very well

Was just trying to change the subject

Whit a Charlatan

Edited by diege

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Did Watt not mostly just try to get his Stranraer team back together at Ayr? Seemed a terrible idea to begin with.

He did well at Sranraer, getting back to back promotions and was probably the best part time manager in Scotland based on results. After it looked like the Camerons were just giving the managers job out to anyone hanging about the club, this was the first "external" manager he had hired. 

He signed some of his Stranraer team, probably in an attempt to recreate the same atmosphere but it didn't work out. There were stories that he was paying large bonuses out of his own pocket. David Hamilton was one of the on form part time players and barely put in a shift at Ayr. 

Once Reid took over, Steven Swift wanted to move to a junior team and left, Michael Moore was getting bullied and went off with stress, BJ Corr quit at half time in a game. Reid did well to stop us getting relegated and build anything out of that team. 

As it is coming up to Halloween, give yourself a scare and look at some of the players on this list from the early 00s like David Dunn, Murray Henderson and Andy Essler. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ayr-united-fc/alletransfers/verein/1192

Yeah he’s injured but Robbo has confirmed today that rumour was rubbish, good enough for me, real pity we couldn’t get Drinnan who would have been my first choice as I think with his early confidence down south he would have kicked on this season.