The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

49 minutes ago, North British said:

Sitting watching Connacht v Glasgow Warriors live from Galloway . In a ground about the size of The Dam Park and they have several hundred fans in ..... But yes Nippy knows best . 🤪

Galloway?

You mean Galway in the West of Ireland?

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

They are hardly going to say that they can’t stand the sports minister when he is key to getting funding and getting fans back. I suggest they came on radio to put pressure on him prior to their meeting on Monday.
I am sure they are asking for cash support and some fans back in.
I also believe that this government are very aware of public pressure and they will eventually need to give in, if we as fans keep putting pressure on them.

The government won't bow to any pressure from football to push through a return for fans and nor should they, until its deemed the right thing to do.

I'd like to think that health of the majority will come before anything else. I don't agree with pubs being open either before the question's asked. 

The government won't bow to any pressure from football to push through a return for fans and nor should they, until its deemed the right thing to do.
I'd like to think that health of the majority will come before anything else. I don't agree with pubs being open either before the question's asked. 

You might not believe in pubs being open but the Government do. Why? Because of public pressure. I believe limited fans should be allowed in grounds and they will if pressure is applied.

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Do you agree with widespread job losses and business closures... it just isn’t possible to keep things closed indefinitely.

Also, the government withered under the pressure in the school situation. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

You might not believe in pubs being open but the Government do. Why? Because of public pressure. I believe limited fans should be allowed in grounds and they will if pressure is applied.

I don't remember there being public pressure or campaign for pubs to open. From within the restaurant and licensing industry perhaps but football has known all along where its place was in the phases of reopening. 

That's always been clear. I personally think the UK and Scottish government don't trust your lagered up football supporter to be sensible and keeping to advised guidelines. 

Sentiment for our club apart, I'm inclined to see their point. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Do you agree with widespread job losses and business closures... it just isn’t possible to keep things closed indefinitely.

Also, the government withered under the pressure in the school situation. 

Which is why they've allowed certain industries to open. To get the economy moving to an extent. Scottish lower league football isn't and in the much larger picture, shouldn't be, among their top priorities. 

Schools had to open to let parents back to work. 

There's a much bigger picture to this sniffly flu bug, that people seem to be somehow forgetting. 

Edited by BukyOHare

9 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Which is why they've allowed certain industries to open. To get the economy moving to an extent. Scottish lower league football isn't and in the much larger picture, shouldn't be, among their top priorities. 

There's a much bigger picture to this sniffly flu bug, that people seem to be somehow forgetting. 

I wasn’t arguing about schools opening or not- rather that the government performed a complete u-turn following pressure. 

I think it might become a bit higher priority if Doncaster and co start focusing on all the community work done off the pitch by clubs, and how vital some of it is to their local disadvantaged communities. Which would disappear if clubs went bust

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
32 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I think it might become a bit higher priority if Doncaster and co start focusing on all the community work done off the pitch by clubs, and how vital some of it is to their local disadvantaged communities. Which would disappear if clubs went bust

There's undoubtedly more to football than the professional game, I get that. But to put things in a bit of context, I had to drop off my son at his youth match this morning and then go back and pick him up at full time. That was for a game played on a public pitch. 

It wasn't worth hanging about because his club and coaches would've got the grief for it. Referees are being asked to report breaches of people flouting the guidelines at games they are officiating in.

Football has been given an element of leeway and privelege by both governments whether people care to accept that or not. The problem in a bigger sense has been the conduct of some clubs alongside the mismanagement and poor decision making by those in charge of the game. 

To somehow expect, Née demand, Somerset to be opened anytime soon is just fanciful. 

Edited by BukyOHare

I am fortunate enough to have private treatment paid by my employer, I have been waiting on a crown fitting since April. They only do extractions and emergency treatment .

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/restrictions-paralysing-scottish-dentistry-leading-22563162.amp

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-54178544

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:
2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:
So anyway, enough of this political wheech, any word on where Steven Bell is off to? 

Hope to f**k it's not you.

Doubt it would be us if he has a day job. We are still full time. We could do with a centre back and right back though.