The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

"The German Football League (DFL) will allow 20% of capacity to be allowed in. However, if a 7-day infection rate in a home city is above 35 per 100,000, a game must be played without spectators in attendance."

And there's the rub......

31 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Dortmund today. 11,500 fans there. Where the fck did we go wrong? Aside from both WM and the SG acting so incompetently 

AACDD27C-718F-4BB1-A550-72788DA80189.jpeg

If we follow the Germans we'd all have to sit in the stand to the end of the year

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If we follow the Germans we'd all have to sit in the stand to the end of the year

Not necessarily. Lower league clubs have been able to use their terracing, Dynamo Dresden for example.

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, had we kept our virus rates as low as the Germans then Yes, we'd probably have fans in as planned as well.

Maybe it's the half witted minority in our population we should be blaming for their illegal parties and flagrant disregard for the rules as opposed to our policy makers ??

Probably a bit of both tbh, if we'd gone into lockdown about 2 weeks earlier (which should have happened) we'd have reduced the size of the shit storm we got ourselves into at the beginning in March and April, also Sturgeons plan of getting it down to near elimination levels was working for a while until in my viewpoint she re-opened large swathes of society just a couple of weeks too soon.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Probably a bit of both tbh, if we'd gone into lockdown about 2 weeks earlier (which should have happened) we'd have reduced the size of the shit storm we got ourselves into at the beginning in March and April, also Sturgeons plan of getting it down to near elimination levels was working for a while until in my viewpoint she re-opened large swathes of society just a couple of weeks too soon.

Yes, I wouldn't disagree with that.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Criticise who you like mate but there’s no excuse for VL patter like that.

Keep that to the unionist pages on Facebook.

The name “Nippy” was given to her by one of the Union officials from the Clyde Shipyards some years ago . It’s a term of endearment .

41 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

In what way is it political ? and WHY would any Government rule on something which will prove unpopular without good reason ?

The reality is that small amounts of fans were being trialled in various European countries over the past few weeks / months, however the situation has now changed and with a vast escalation of the virus in recent days these trials in other countries such as the Netherlands have now been shelved / stopped due to the increased covid risk.

Why is that so difficult to understand and why does that make the decision of the Scottish Gov any different from our peers ??

It could be argued that reopening schools at all costs was political - hence several other sectors having to remain closed. 

The government continue to fail to have the adult discussion they promised many months ago. For example if they were to say that fans are unable to return this year but they will be from January once current restrictions have taken effect and following a specific strict set of rules then it would be accepted more readily. Just postponing without offering a further date isn’t really good enough. 

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I thought the Albion Rover stream was going to be £15? Why the change to £10?

It hasn't changed, Albion Rovers have only just announced the price. 

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I thought the Albion Rover stream was going to be £15? Why the change to £10?

Someone just guessed it was going to be £15 i think because that's probably what Adult admission would usually be