The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Arguably the best period of recruitment of recent years and still, a gnawing refusal of acknowledgement of the circumstances we find ourselves in, and a sense of elevated entitlement. What more do we fucking want?

2 strikers and a midfielder m9.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I never said they had? 

Robbo's point was that we are obviously aiming for quality. Hence the reason 2 of the targets remain at a higher level than us. 

I have faith that Kerr & McCardle will pull a rabbit out the hat. 

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I never said they had? 

I never said you did , also on the second point what makes you think we missed out on first choice ? 1 player is signing and possibly lost out on a couple who’s to say they were not 2/3 or 4th choices , Kerr always has 2/3 players in mind for all signings , definitely does not put all hopes on only 1 player 

I never said you did , also on the second point what makes you think we missed out on first choice ? 1 player is signing and possibly lost out on a couple who’s to say they were not 2/3 or 4th choices , Kerr always has 2/3 players in mind for all signings , definitely does not put all hopes on only 1 player 
Any chance we will see the player in mind today even as a trialist?

24 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

18053709.png

Noticed that the club have been getting more sponsors on board - the warm-up kits and social media sponsors in particular.  I don't imagine it brings in mega bucks but any additional income is welcome and props to the commercial team for thinking of new ways to engage with sponsors.  Also like the way that the club are posting on social media about new sponsors and adboards - might encourage a few more to get involved if they see other local businesses getting involved.  Commercial side of things definitely has improved the last few years, and this year in particular is no mean feat. 

Thistle are selling 50/50 draw tickets on-line, would be nice if a few Ayr fans bought tickets as a thank you for the free stream. 

And take their money off them.
Wouldn't be expecting too much from the stream, it is automated and they are providing it free to try to iron out the kinks before they start charging for it

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
19 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:
Thistle are selling 50/50 draw tickets on-line, would be nice if a few Ayr fans bought tickets as a thank you for the free stream. 

And take their money off them.

Wouldn't be expecting too much from the stream, it is automated and they are providing it free to try to iron out the kinks before they start charging for it

Having not seen the Super in the flesh for 7 months. I'm happy to take someone streaming from an old school Nokia at this point.

Any #imminent soon?

48 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Players #12 / 13 / 14 inbound.

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

Noticed that the club have been getting more sponsors on board - the warm-up kits and social media sponsors in particular.  I don't imagine it brings in mega bucks but any additional income is welcome and props to the commercial team for thinking of new ways to engage with sponsors.  Also like the way that the club are posting on social media about new sponsors and adboards - might encourage a few more to get involved if they see other local businesses getting involved.  Commercial side of things definitely has improved the last few years, and this year in particular is no mean feat. 

Quite like the club branching into new areas for sponsorship. No idea how much it would cost to sponsor a stand or the hospitality suite but can only assume these may have been viable options if the economy hadn't tanked this year. Little and many could be more lucrative than few and big in the long run. If a company wants to plaster their logo over every post the club makes I have no issue as it won't effect the content. 

If you look at the elite club / north American sports teams model they have official sponsors for everything - travel / hotels / cars / insurance the lot. As our club grows on and off the field fingers crossed the backroom team can tap into more of these deals. 

21C43CD0-6124-4705-AB29-698DFD3887FE.jpeg.d0a34d7b281539f44934bc3a9a4d7636.jpeg

Squad of 21 so far and would say is not too bad. Bolstered by Hare-Reid, Love, Hewitt, Miller and Smith who wouldn’t feature too much I reckon, however wouldn’t be there if Kerr didn’t think they’d add something to the squad. Obviously 23 there, but Ecrepont and Skeoch out on loan.